• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500 41mm

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Looks like ZF has a gen black dial 15500. The mold is nearing completion.

Here's a pic they provided:
VIpnUD.jpg

They need time for making Movement ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Looks like ZF has a gen black dial 15500. The mold is nearing completion.

Here's a pic they provided:
VIpnUD.jpg

wow this is exciting news. thanks for bringing the picture here where did you get the picture by the way? are you insider?

Reactions: Paul Newman

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
wow this is exciting news. thanks for bringing the picture here where did you get the picture by the way? are you insider?

Nah, just got it from watchbus.net, he has insider info from time to time separate from Kobe24 or reppists.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
A reliable movement solution would be a huge coup and a defiant response to the anti-counterfeiting design. By now AP should realize thinness is the most difficult feature to replicate efficiently.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13

Starting at 10:22 the new black 15500 and i must say the tapseries look awful it looks so cheap compared to the old 15400 :( also the logo now looks like on the cheap dhgate replicas (ofcourse it looks better but the style) also the thickness now looks shitty (good for the reps but overall it looks not good).

I don't know iam a little disappointed it will maybe easy to rep this because the tapseries look like shit compared to the old one.

Reactions: vcappp and Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU

Starting at 10:22 the new black 15500 and i must say the tapseries look awful it looks so cheap compared to the old 15400 :( also the logo now looks like on the cheap dhgate replicas (ofcourse it looks better but the style) also the thickness now looks shitty (good for the reps but overall it looks not good).

I don't know iam a little disappointed it will maybe easy to rep this because the tapseries look like shit compared to the old one.

100% agree, the 15400 looks a lot more classy than the 15500. Thinner as well. IMO the 15500 looks a lot cheaper than the old model.

Reactions: csthe and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
A reliable movement solution would be a huge coup and a defiant response to the anti-counterfeiting design. By now AP should realize thinness is the most difficult feature to replicate efficiently.

true!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Thanks for the video!
At 10:22, the Black dial 15500 looks not better than 15400, especially the dial finish.

ZF purchased the black dial, I am excited anyway. hope there should be no thickness issue!

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
The 15500 is the worst iteration of the Royal Oak. People who worship everything AP does, or who just want to flip it for profit will of course buy it. Not me.

This. It just looks like a cheap replica of a 15400. I wonder why did they remove the 3 hour marker... Looks a lot cheaper now IMO. :idontno:

Reactions: bigtiddygothgf

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
To cut down the production prize, Rolex do the same.

They also changed the inner links brushing from total clean polish (which looks amazing when it hits the light) to a semi brushing look.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I know everybody likes to be upbeat and give out alot of backslaps when it comes to expensive European luxury watches, but for me only maybe 5% of new watch designs are remotely attractive or "wearable": in this spectrum, the 15500 is horrible. I even gave AP the benefit of the doubt.. I went to the AP boutique in Frankfurt. I tried on the genuine 15500 in store. I hated the dial, I hated the hands (especially the seconds hand), I hated the mid-case, and I hated the movement. I told them they should fire their CEO. I actually said to them: "Get rid of Bennahmias." Of course, it is a matter of taste, and some people seem to like the 15500, but for me, I dislike this watch intensely. I have no hope for AP until they get rid of their current CEO. I will go even further: I do not understand how anyone with a liking for the previous Royal Oaks can, in all honesty, actually like the 15500 except as a vehicle for profit, an advantage for flippers being the bubbly market right now. Forget AP for now.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I know everybody likes to be upbeat and give out alot of backslaps when it comes to expensive European luxury watches, but for me only maybe 5% of new watch designs are remotely attractive or "wearable": in this spectrum, the 15500 is horrible. I even gave AP the benefit of the doubt.. I went to the AP boutique in Frankfurt. I tried on the genuine 15500 in store. I hated the dial, I hated the hands (especially the seconds hand), I hated the mid-case, and I hated the movement. I told them they should fire their CEO. I actually said to them: "Get rid of Bennahmias." Of course, it is a matter of taste, and some people seem to like the 15500, but for me, I dislike this watch intensely. I have no hope for AP until they get rid of their current CEO. I will go even further: I do not understand how anyone with a liking for the previous Royal Oaks can, in all honesty, actually like the 15500 except as a vehicle for profit, an advantage for flippers being the bubbly market right now. Forget AP for now.

Who if not you can say this? Nobody else comes to my mind. You, Sir, are one of the most professional connoisseurs on here who has spend so many hours of examining all the little details of the design of the Royal Oak (and of course Offshores) in all their changeability of appearance and finish. If someone uneducated would scream "Get rid of F.H.B." it would be something very different.
But you are one of a very few who studied and understood the energy that went into the initial concept of AP. So you are the first who comes to mind when it is up to debate if this release is a disaster or not. The answer for me looks very much the same like your statement.
I couldn't have said it better.

I hope your wishes come true ;)

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU

A very warm thank you for your contribution. I honestly don't know what AP was thinking with this release. Let's hope more people send this message to AP.

BIONONE

28/4/17
A very warm thank you for your contribution. I honestly don't know what AP was thinking with this release. Let's hope more people send this message to AP.

unfortunately a minority of people who are buying their watches are actually enthusiasts because of craftsmanship or heritage aspects or even watchmaking in its purest form... The majority is buying APs because they have the money, need a piece of luxurious jewelry and of course a sign of wealth for the wrist. So they couldn't care less about the back and forth AP is making with their designs...

so i doubt a boycott of the new release from the very few people who share the same view like us will send a massage to AP... Different story with the Code 11:59 when literally everyone (watch enthusiasts, connoisseurs, non educated people etc...) destroyed the marketing campaign around the watch on the net in minutes...

Reactions: Rolemars

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks BIONONE for the vote of confidence. Of course the Frankfurt AP boutique knows nothing of my involvement with their watches nor do I want them to: I am just another name on their mailing list that perhaps might one day buy a watch from them, a shot in the dark which they invite for champagne aperitifs to ogle their new frosted gold finishing techniques, or their new Code 11.59 catastrophe. I must say: I am increasingly feeling like an outsider in AP circles and I am trying to understand why that is because I used to like AP as my favorite brand up until 2014 or so. Unfortunately, it is also happening with Panerai as well for me: I actually dislike most everything that Panerai is releasing these days. What new releases inspire me? Ressence for high tech innovation, Rexhep Rexhepi for classic beauty, Linde Werdelin for the ornate luxury sports designs, FP Journe for audacious and sovereign watchmaking ... even Hermes for fashion elegance. Placed against those competitors, AP has fallen by the wayside, for me, in ALL categories: AP has become an arrogant fashion watch monstrosity which absolutely needs the viral Instagram overexposure and expensive brand ambassadors and payrolled bloggers (pace Hodinkee) in the lumbering and wasteful AP marketing/illusion machine to sell these poor designs to new money watch fashionistas. I will not say AP is the new Hublot, but it is like a horological pendant to the champagne industry: AP is the new Veuve Cliquot. Veuve Cliquot makes a mediocre biscuity/lemony champagne and needs to promote it through golf and tennis tournaments and expensive sommelier junkets, driving up the price for the normal consumer, who receives in return just an average champagne, while financing through each purchase those 8 course dinners in the castle in Rheims for the league of Michelin star restaurant beverage managers, etc. Look at the Bennahmias blonde trophy wife, look at the Bennhamias yacht in St. Tropez, listen to his arrogant interviews, register his claims to being on the pulse of the times with his surreally pretentious ad campaign for Code 11.59 with has-been basketball stars doing rap songs that herald the AP brand innovation and crazily choreographed cyborg dance troupes a la Super Bowl half time shows dancing to the beat of AP's daring. It is a frankly insane and desperately glitzy and superficial cover up trying to mask the fact that the actual watches AP are designing and selling for mega bucks these days are really not so good and a travesty towards their tradition and founder families.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks, also, ruimpinho (love the moniker) for welcoming my negative diatribe against AP--it seems I am not as alone as I thought. I actually think AP has some really talented watchmakers, some of the best in the world, they cherry pick them from the recent graduates of the great watchmaking programs, receive hundreds of applications a month, but their current design team, current senior management, and current marketing and sale departments, as well as many of their boutique staff, are in a crazy collective hallucination of arrogance, while the founder family continues their life of wealthy idleness, writing second-rate crime novels and travelling to 5 star hotels / 3 star restaurants happy to wear their AP Concepts while Bennahmias mans the steering wheel, until he in turn goes off to St. Tropez for a few months to cruise around in his yacht, eat fresh langoustines and oysters, and drink $1000/bottle Krug champagne, all financed through the overpaying AP consumer. I need to stop this diatribe now though... and funnel my negativity elsewhere. My two slogans, to reduce it all to a sound-bite / hashtag: "Get Rid of Bennahmias" and "The 15500 is the worst RO ever."

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I don't blame AP, it's a business and if people are willing to buy the new design, good for them. But I completely agree with you on the other aspects.
Long live the classic Royal Oaks :)

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

28/4/17
slaughterer62 What a pleasure to read your posts. Always.
Why is there no blog in this style? ;) just kidding that was another thread... hehe