• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500/15510/15720 4302 movement comparison pictures

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Super helpful content! Thanks for sharing @CTime.

Just bought my 15500 with 4302mov.
Found problem:
- I full wind the power reserve around 9AM (30x)
- Wear the watch on my wrist till like 5 PM, put it back to my box (not watch winder)
- Watch stopped at 6.30PM

Any clue why is this happening?
How many times winding is it for a full 70hrs power reserve?
Thx beforehand.

Around 40 turns, if you don't know how much you turn you can take the crown logo as reference.

Reactions: Cuanki6248

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
Those questions are much subjective, me and other menbers here may have different opinions about them. I suggest you to watch some more comparisons and videos under normal wrist distance, you will have your answers then 🤗
(The materials they use are reliable, most of the parts are copper inside)
someone said that they r modding sucess 3120 able to instant date flip? have u got any news

Reactions: CTime

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
someone said that they r modding sucess 3120 able to instant date flip? have u got any news
I saw a video about it either but I'm not sure if it was a replica movement because it wasn't shown.

Reactions: EggsVoL

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Hi CTime, do you know of any custom tungsten rotor for the 4302 ? Having a heavier rotor will improve the winding efficiency.

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Hi CTime, do you know of any custom tungsten rotor for the 4302 ? Having a heavier rotor will improve the winding efficiency.
Are you also getting issues with winding? Honestly seems like an oversight to have such a watch that can't wind properly.

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Are you also getting issues with winding? Honestly seems like an oversight to have such a watch that can't wind properly.
Unlike a gen, the rotor does not turn 360 degree when you say drop your arm from the desk unlike a gen. You practically need to make a big swing for it to turn a round. I suppose an heavier rotor should improve the winding efficiency,

@CTime .....wonder is there a custom tungsten rotor for the 4302 ?

UkBionic

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/1/20
NW England
Unlike a gen, the rotor does not turn 360 degree when you say drop your arm from the desk unlike a gen. You practically need to make a big swing for it to turn a round. I suppose an heavier rotor should improve the winding efficiency,
yeh its kind of bonkers really for such a 'top tier' rep that the rotor would struggle to wind under natural movements. I wonder if a service would improve things.

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
I don't know anyone is making tungsten rotor, but I have one gen rotor on sale for around $1k7 🤔

@CTime .....wonder is there a custom tungsten rotor for the 4302 ?

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
@CTime: My 15500 ZF constantly keeps stopping. I want to dissemble, clean it myself. Do you know which oil/ grease I should use on which parts?

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
@CTime: My 15500 ZF constantly keeps stopping. I want to dissemble, clean it myself. Do you know which oil/ grease I should use on which parts?
You will need a looot of readings before that, and even you know all the procedures I still recommend you to take it to the watchmaker to do the service 😵
We have seen too many watches been treated wrong

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
You will need a looot of readings before that, and even you know all the procedures I still recommend you to take it to the watchmaker to do the service 😵
We have seen too many watches been treated wrong
thanks CTime. But the watchmaker are not too keen to accept a rep. And perhaps thats a good way to practice. Is there anything in particular you can recommend reading?

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
thankyou ctime (y) these look really good....for those of us that don't work on watches these stripped down movement images are amazing

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
thanks CTime. But the watchmaker are not too keen to accept a rep. And perhaps thats a good way to practice. Is there anything in particular you can recommend reading?
Tons of watchmaking videos on youtube and various courses available online to start learning from home. Also some great guides in the tech section here.

Reactions: raytron

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
I am interested in learning watchmaking by myself too...

now this is not an advertising, just curious anybody bought a pack form this site and DIY before?