• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15500/15510/15720 4302 movement comparison pictures

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hola amigos~

Today we have our beautiful SH4302 movement comparison post here.

We’ve been busy for quite a while, it’s time to take a break. I will make a voting post about the most wanted watch comparison. Please give us some advises.

This SH4302 movement is used by many factories, such as APSF, ZF, ORF, GF and so on. Compared to the GEN watch, I think APSF and ZF did a better job on details

So far, the SH4302 is stable with a power reserve of about 70 hours. All the parts are matching the gen color, and the main plate also has the same engine turned texture. But there is still a little difference on the detailed level, like other super clone watches.

Due to the special design of the oscillating rotor, the weight of it was not heavy enough, so they added a tungsten sheet to the rotor back.

The oscillating rotor color is a little off to gen, and the rotation sound is a little loud. 4302 rotor can wind both clockwise and counterclockwise, so it is not moving so smooth as others. Because of that, the automatic winding efficiency is lower. The oscillating rotor would work better if they use precious metal, but that would certainly be much more expensive. Guess we can only move our wrist more hehe.

Like all the other movements with longer power reserve, 4302 will also have a bigger daily rating difference when you wind to the top. As long as it is stable, it can count as a good movement, isn’t it?

That’s all of our chitchat, let’s get to the real tea.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Thank you for taking the time to do this amazing comparison thread!!

Reactions: CTime

tamomota

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/14
Wonderful job; really a good contribution to the community. Thanks.

Reactions: CTime

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Been waiting and looking forward to this.......finally, so a big thank you to CTime for the comparison.

Not surprised to see the close resemblance to gen as Legend has already mentioned that most (or all?) parts can be replaced with gen parts.

A few questions :

1. What is your opinion on the quality of the material used for the rep as compared to the gen. We know for sure the rotor is not gold. What's about the stem and gears ? Are they made of sturdy material ?

2. Looks like the "Audemars Piguet" and "Swiss Made" and wordings on the bridges of the rep are either printed or lightly engraved. Is that a big tell as compared to the gen ?

3. The finishes of the visible rep movements looks well finished like the gen. Do you see any major improvement needed ?

many thanks again.

Reactions: EggsVoL

Nick.au

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
Incredible insight, this industry has come so far

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
Been waiting and looking forward to this.......finally, so a big thank you to CTime for the comparison.

Not surprised to see the close resemblance to gen as Legend has already mentioned that most (or all?) parts can be replaced with gen parts.

A few questions :

1. What is your opinion on the quality of the material used for the rep as compared to the gen. We know for sure the rotor is not gold. What's about the stem and gears ? Are they made of sturdy material ?

2. Looks like the "Audemars Piguet" and "Swiss Made" and wordings on the bridges of the rep are either printed or lightly engraved. Is that a big tell as compared to the gen ?

3. The finishes of the visible rep movements looks well finished like the gen. Do you see any major improvement needed ?

many thanks again.
same ques. @CTime could u?

Reactions: AliHamid

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
same ques. @CTime could u?
Those questions are much subjective, me and other menbers here may have different opinions about them. I suggest you to watch some more comparisons and videos under normal wrist distance, you will have your answers then 🤗
(The materials they use are reliable, most of the parts are copper inside)

Reactions: EggsVoL

Cuanki6248

Looking Around
1/7/23
Singapore
Super helpful content! Thanks for sharing @CTime.

Just bought my 15500 with 4302mov.
Found problem:
- I full wind the power reserve around 9AM (30x)
- Wear the watch on my wrist till like 5 PM, put it back to my box (not watch winder)
- Watch stopped at 6.30PM

Any clue why is this happening?
How many times winding is it for a full 70hrs power reserve?
Thx beforehand.

centrum

27/7/14
The clone looks good on the finishing side. Ctime, is this movement made by Lianoning Peacock?