• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15400 with movement deco!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
??????????? = You buy one more, I earn more.

There you are boys: the commercial/capitalist philosophy of repdom in Chinese and English. The best thing that can be said about the TF/V6/KW/JF (whatever it is, nobody seems to know) 15400, is that it has lowered the price on the previous "best version" Miyota. I think the Chinese players will be playing us till 2016 until they release an even 95% rep of the 15400.

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
......and where is JF Factory......???

By the time JF launches their long awaited version of the AP 15400, the ship may have already sailed.....

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
I'm really tempted to purchase a 15400 as I've decided it's probably the watch I'm going to put an AR crystal on. I like the look of the movement but just not sure if the extra thickness is something I can live with as to me it detracts from the dressyness of the watch. Waiting on other peoples real life opinions on this as I'm really torn between this and the best miyota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The best thing about the V6 15400 is that it motivated me to go back and actually buy a number of now-heavily-discounted TF Miyota 15400s with the thinner case and the correct logo. I have been holding off getting ROs because I thought maybe some factory could soon get the ROs 95% correct, but it looks like they are all crazy about cheesy movement plates, while I am not that crazy about these plates.
But I have to say, the BLUE dial V6 15400 has a more gen-like colour than the TF Miyota version.

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Ap logo on dial for 'best edition Miyota' is hundred times better than the new KW.
With the exception of the back side, the 'best edition Miyota' is clearly the winner.
Btw, who is going to see the back side of the watch when you are wearing the wacth on your wrist !!??

Ditto.

The extra thickness totally eliminates any chance of me considering this new version. That extra 15% will be very noticeable on the wrist in the sense where it completely changes the feel of how thin it's supposed to feel when you wear it. The issue with the logo seals this decision for me. All that being said, the movement does look nice lol.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
14/8/14
This makes me want to go Gen haha. This Rep game is f'ed up, They could make these a lot more accurate, but they won't in the name of future suckers

TimeDelux

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Okay I have tried on so many gen 15400 and ROC I can tell you 1.5mm on such a flat watch is a big deal and it won't sit as nice. I really like me miyota version. Who looks at the back anyway. The only thing I am missing is a bracelet. If JF bring out a 15400 I will get a white or blue dial to.my black :)

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
While the blue dial on the V6F look a lot more gen like, a huge flaw would be its black date wheel (instead of the gen blue).

This is a classic example of one step forward, two steps back in the rep game

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If we take a look at the Panerai equivalent of the AP ROs, namely the base Luminors, we see that the Panerai reps are light years ahead of the AP reps--and the Panerai reps are alot less expensive. Look at the Noob PAM 390--it is a 99% perfect replica of the gen: incredible machining and dial print. Or the HFAC PAN 000: it is 98%, and costs less than $200. Why can't we see the same development with the ROs? Instead he have 6 factories all making different ROs with different flaws. PAM guys would not take this BS.

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
If we take a look at the Panerai equivalent of the AP ROs, namely the base Luminors, we see that the Panerai reps are light years ahead of the AP reps--and the Panerai reps are alot less expensive. Look at the Noob PAM 390--it is a 99% perfect replica of the gen: incredible machining and dial print. Or the HFAC PAN 000: it is 98%, and costs less than $200. Why can't we see the same development with the ROs? Instead he have 6 factories all making different ROs with different flaws. PAM guys would not take this BS.
I agree 100%.
But then Pam guys wouldn't buy them and then complain, it's that simple.

AP_VC

20/2/12

Well, please remember that the gen PAMs use a movement that has been previously cloned, meaning the same thickness, functions, dimensions, etc., while it's a whole different story for the AP's!!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I don't think there's any point in any comparison. Its fallen short quite clearly in so many areas just wait for the jf version, even if it never arrives nothing lost as this just simply isn't even a contender to the miyota let alone the gen

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
There's no ZF version. The best one we all came to know is from TF.
There are many more from other makers with lower quality like the one in the link above.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

Langirt

Known Member
13/9/13
There's no ZF version. The best one we all came to know is from TF.
There are many more from other makers with lower quality like the one in the link above.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

Thanks a lot.