• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15400 V4 Build W/ Gen Dial+Case Thinning- Review

tom1912

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/19
australia
First review on here so I will try my best to hit the highlights of this build and also my thoughts of the current V4’s.

All mods were done by legend. The mods that were done include the gen dial, case thinning and also a 1xar crystal.

The case was thinned to 9.9MM and the difference is quite noticeable both on and off the wrist.

As for the gen dial, the difference between the gen dial and the V4 dial is day and night. When I was first looking at some comparison pictures I initially thought that there was a slight difference but it would not make as much of a difference. Upon seeing the gen dial installed in person I can say that the V4 dial is not close to the gen dial at all. Sure the black might be the closest to gen but it is still far off. The gen dial has a shine and glow to it while the V4 dial simply looks like a matte finish and flat; also the squares look a bit more bubbly. Before doing this build I read a lot on the V4 dial and how close it was so it surprised me to see how much of a difference there actually was unlike what I read.

Pictures:

5H3po.jpg

5H5nK.jpg

5Ha7L.jpg

5HBre.jpg

5LZwT.jpg

V4 Dial:

5LEpA.jpg

As for the review, not sure what else someone could be looking for but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also if anyone is looking to buy the V4 dial or V4 crystal let me know. Will probably list them for sale on here within the next few days. Also a 2xAR crystal for the 15400
So beautiful. So classy so perfect!

May i ask how long did the whole shebang took? I know its going to be time consuming process but it definately looks worth it!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rari

rari

26/10/17
USA
So beautiful. So classy so perfect!

May i ask how long did the whole shebang took? I know its going to be time consuming process but it definately looks worth it!

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Well legend did all the work but from buying all the parts to getting the watch in hand roughly about a month, maybe a little bit more

Sent from the RWI App

tom1912

20/2/19
australia
Well legend did all the work but from buying all the parts to getting the watch in hand roughly about a month, maybe a little bit more

Sent from the RWI App

Wow 1 month for such exquisite work, i was expecting way longer! Very Very Very Beautiful ! Congrats on this beauty Sir, wear it proudly !

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
This is exactly what I want to do to my 15400, but I have had a tough time finding a gen blue dial. Seems to be an abundance of gen white and black dials out there though...

Reactions: csthe and rari

rari

26/10/17
USA
This is exactly what I want to do to my 15400, but I have had a tough time finding a gen blue dial. Seems to be an abundance of gen white and black dials out there though...

Yes exactly. I would have gone blue as well but could only find white and black when I was purchasing :(

Sent from the RWI App

tom1912

20/2/19
australia

Same ! looks like I'll be going for the black when i save up enough too !

Alias

Horology Curious
1/5/19
My “dream” piece is a 15450 with a gen Black Dial. But the only way you can snag black is from the diamond bezel model, and let’s be realistic...those don’t get parted. I’m going to probably work with Legend. That is, when I find a Black Dial. This is just immaculate.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The gen dial really pops out here no black/white/blue/grey version comes close to it. Congrats! Very nice build!