• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15400 black&white Gen vs. ZF vs. APSF comparison pictures

xtralight

Horology Curious
8/5/18
Waow! Old thread but I learned so much from your post! Thanks a lot for taking the time write this answer.

• Love
Reactions: CTime

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Hi, my friends

Today we bring you one of the most popular AP’s comparison.

The overall of ZF, APSF watches are in a very similar situation, they use the same movement and are sold at the same price.

As I can see, for the white dial, APSF is more close to gen. ZF is a bit greyish.

The square texture on the dial from ZF is about the same to gen, APSF made it somehow higher and smaller.

For the markers and hands, two factories seem in about the same quality level

The cases and bracelets are mostly identical, but engraving font is a little different at every place.

For the case back, APSF had thinner font and used a different version of engraving.

For the clasp, APSF nailed it on the shape and texture.

There normally won't be too much difference on the black color, but there will be different textures.

ZF and APSF 15400 are using same 3120 movement, functionally the same. Just the rotors are different and both are not so alike from gen.

In my opinion, even many factories have the same movement now, the old JF still had the best quality of AP, sad they are gone.

That's all, see you on the next one

Ctime
Hello Ctime, I came into rep watches after JF was raided so I'm genuinely curious. Why do you feel like the older, thicker JF models are superior to the new models? Speaking as a JF v5 owner I honestly still don't see a point in upgrading yet. Thank you for reading(=

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hello Ctime, I came into rep watches after JF was raided so I'm genuinely curious. Why do you feel like the older, thicker JF models are superior to the new models? Speaking as a JF v5 owner I honestly still don't see a point in upgrading yet. Thank you for reading(=
JF has the best build and details imo, but their movement wasn't accurate, if you are ok with the ASF/ZF details then it totally ok to upgrade just for the movement