• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF - New Release

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
:beef:
my cal 2121 and 15202 dial/hands set are waiting patiently

wow! Do you mean that you have genuine movement 2121 and genuine 15202 dial/ hands ? how did you get that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
wow! Do you mean that you have genuine movement 2121 and genuine 15202 dial/ hands ? how did you get that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By being persistent and kind to people. And not lowballing my sources :) Oh, and by probably having a bit of luck...

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Nice!! Can’t wait to see that build!

I know :)

Tigerdragon - I can't see the funny side in that one: how much do you think a dial like this should cost given the AD price and the long waiting list? I am more and more surprised by the recent trend where members here expect perfection as a matter of course at a super-low-cost budget and can't seem to appreciate that these parts are extremely hard to source in the first place and hard to come by in the aftermarket in the second. I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I know :)

Tigerdragon - I can't see the funny side in that one: how much do you think a dial like this should cost given the AD price and the long waiting list? I am more and more surprised by the recent trend where members here expect perfection as a matter of course at a super-low-cost budget and can't seem to appreciate that these parts are extremely hard to source in the first place and hard to come by in the aftermarket in the second. I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.
Hm? Never wrote something about the price oO

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I didnt wrote its to expensive? Just said it was on chrono for a few month so you don't need a "secret" source for it.

Maybe you misunderstood me sorry. Not a fan of franken anyways.

Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
:beef:
my cal 2121 and 15202 dial/hands set are waiting patiently

Nice. That build is gonna take some balls man.

Btw, how do you guys find movement service parts when the thing packs up and needs a new spring or whatever.

I know you can get aftermarket Swiss made Rolex movement parts but I didn’t think AP cal parts have been copied?

Maybe the older JLC movements service parts are easier to source

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Nice. That build is gonna take some balls man.

Btw, how do you guys find movement service parts when the thing packs up and needs a new spring or whatever.

I know you can get aftermarket Swiss made Rolex movement parts but I didn’t think AP cal parts have been copied?

Maybe the older JLC movements service parts are easier to source

Hm. Service-ability is not a main issue to me, although not something to completely ignore. From my point of view I’d rather enjoy a timepiece for a few years while it’s still working fine than worry too much and limit my choices :) Plus, so many things can change in 3-5 years, just look at the slowly dying franken AP scene, which was super crazy only a couple of years back. But that can go either way

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Does anyone have an update on this? I am getting antsy having already paid for it through a TD... Hopefully soon!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No i ask myself if that project is dead? Because its over 2 month now :( i know they wanted to fix the rotor but holy crap that cant be taken so long?

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
As discussed so many times before - these AP releases (JF’s and in general) are only pleasing to the hardcore guys, myself included, that are willing to invest the extra buck in modding or frankening them. But then there are the guys that make fun of us for the crazy money we put into those builds that make them mostly unsellable :)

So poor overall offerings on the AP front for OTB pieces

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
This model is pure garbage. I have ordered one for a friend and the quality was horrible. Bracelet felt like $50 canal st. rep.

dial is wrong - DW is wrong - build quality is really poor.

And i doubt that it was 8.5mm thick. Yeah it was thin but not that thin.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Yach.. This is looks like a children's home made homage. O well, I guess I'll have to wait for jf after all...