• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

D

d4m.test

Some of this is true, but nothing screams more rep to the naked eye than when something is off. When parallel markers are not parallel You can always see it, when a triangle or pearl is off center You do see it as well and when it´s something else it´s just that overall look is somehow "wrong" even if You can´t put the finger on it without a bigger pic.
This being said a small ticking seconds on the subdial don´t disturb me either - as long as everything around it is well placed.

I´m used to 47mm PAMs, buy the Blancpain FF was actually much bigger than I thought it would be from pics - shockingly bigger:)

Loafer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/15
Thanks again for saving me tons of time. I would have been a total pain in the a$$ if I didn't read this.

divemax

2/7/14
Texas, USA
I recently purchased a Noob sub C no date V5. The QC pics didn't seem that great and the SEL fit looked off. I get the watch and it looks 100 times better in person and the SEL fit was actually quite good.

Sent using Tapatalk

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
Some of this is true, but nothing screams more rep to the naked eye than when something is off. When parallel markers are not parallel You can always see it, when a triangle or pearl is off center You do see it as well and when it´s something else it´s just that overall look is somehow "wrong" even if You can´t put the finger on it without a bigger pic.
This being said a small ticking seconds on the subdial don´t disturb me either - as long as everything around it is well placed.

I´m used to 47mm PAMs, buy the Blancpain FF was actually much bigger than I thought it would be from pics - shockingly bigger:)

Thats what I like about my Breitling and Daytona REPS.....Both quartz Both have small ticking hands Barely noticeable.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
QC pictures help. A lot sometimes. Pointing out the obvious to the naked eye flaw to the dealer sometimes makes them say "ooops, I am so sorry, will change it out for you". It helps, it does help. ............. Then the next watches they ship out to you turn out real good. ............... It helps !!

Reactions: Catchsomemore

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
I always stand back enough from QC and sale pics to cause the magnified picture to look "normal size" on someone else's wrist. If I don't see flaws, it's good enough.

Reactions: thegolfman

Conquerer

27/5/15
Definitely agree with the OP. When I got my gen SMP and rep V5 PO (41 and 42mm) they both looked tiny compared to the pics; it was such a weird feeling looking at them the first time. Also agree with the comments about the bigger watches though -- my 45mm CrPO surprised me a bit by how big it was. Definitely didn't look small like the others.

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
How small the watches look when they arrive after looking at GIANT pics of the dials in the M2M section, Any flaws that are pointed out in pics are barely if at all visible from a few inches away when the real thing comes. I can hardly read the print on some of them.

Just bought a Piggy 292J with the slighest chip by one of the bars. It looked like a mortar round 88'd it. But when I unboxed it I could barely notice it. I've also felt that way about getting a 42mm PO, after having the 45MM. It's like the poor little guy had to be burped it was so "small"

Reactions: p0pperini

cursto

15/6/15
I recently had some QC pictures I kept pulling up, starting to think I had made a mistake by not rejecting. When the watch arrived, I couldn't even see the things I'd been looking at. The difference between looking at a 42mm watch on my wrist, and an 18" diameter picture on my computer screen is just a little different.

LOL...... we all do this. Obsessing over minute details. Hell, I can barely read the date on my watch at arms length, much less see a tiny misalignment on a screw.

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
That happened to me when I got my 114060. After seeing so many pictures of the sub, usually macro, or extreme close ups. I got it in my hands, and it seemed tiny!

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
I recently had some QC pictures I kept pulling up, starting to think I had made a mistake by not rejecting. When the watch arrived, I couldn't even see the things I'd been looking at. The difference between looking at a 42mm watch on my wrist, and an 18" diameter picture on my computer screen is just a little different.

I did the same thing, I ordered my watch td emailed me link to pics and I accepted. Over the course of the ne t few days I kept checking the pictures ON. MY IPHONE zooming in, I was so anal. Then I receive the watch and I completely forgot about the tiny imperfections because the beauty and weight immediatly took over.

niotin

12/9/15
I think thats case for some watches but not for others.

For example the APs at 42mm look way more massive than the PAMs at 44mm