• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone else get an email from Andrew about the recent COVID LOCKDOWN?

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
Ordered and paid 3/9/22 for wrapped TT GMT Rootbeer with VR3186 movement from Trusty Time. 1st QC's received 3/24/22, redlighted on 3/28/22. 2nd QCs received 4/19/22 and greenlighted. Tracking info received 5/5/22. Watch delivered CONUS 5/15/22. Very happy with the product, less so with the timeline. Next order I may try a different TD,

Reactions: dk2852

Oathome

Looking Around
20/1/21
Ordered early April 22, QC pics within 10 days, confirmed and tracking sent late April saying despatching from seller. Have been told freight service said flight was cancelled? First time order front TrustyTime so unsure if normal or not at this stage, previous encounters elsewhere have been quicker but understand lockdown makes a difference potentially.

andybilsy

Supporter AB
Supporting Vendor
Patron
Certified
Ok, don’t really want to post this but I’m at the end of my tether, placed quite a few orders with Andrew and considering all the bullshit that we have all had to endure lately I have tried to remain patient and understanding, but when I still receive QC pics for a watch I have already QC’d twice, which went missing, advised to order a different choice, then informed ‘the watch has been found’ would you still like it ?.
Yes please, ok.
and Now it’s my fault for amending and adding to my order…. ???

Come on TD’s,

my faith is diminished.

Thank heavens we have M2M sales, otherwise my hair would be well and truly “pulled out” by now

ok
Rant over

looking forward to my postie arriving in the morning.

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19
Ok, don’t really want to post this but I’m at the end of my tether, placed quite a few orders with Andrew and considering all the bullshit that we have all had to endure lately I have tried to remain patient and understanding, but when I still receive QC pics for a watch I have already QC’d twice, which went missing, advised to order a different choice, then informed ‘the watch has been found’ would you still like it ?.
Yes please, ok.

Come on TD’s,

my faith is diminished.

Thank heavens we have M2M sales, otherwise my hair would be well and truly “pulled out” by now

ok
Rant over

Did you get a new tracking number? I've been waiting over 7 weeks since it was dispatched and I also GL'd the same watch twice back at the beginning of April. The tracking status never updates and no word from Andrew either

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK
Adding to the long list of frustrations with TT.

42 days in transit so far. Excuse given by Andrew is a cancelled flight and no information from the freight forwarder.

No details on who it has shipped with and whether the cost is justified.

I have ordered several other items from other sellers after I got tracking details from TT and they have all been delivered within 14 days.

Excuses being given by TT are untrue. Sadly, I’ll not be ordering from Andrew again and I would recommend others to look elsewhere. He’s clearly using a shite shipping service that costs them peanuts and charges buyers $45 to wait 2 months.

Buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Mine was posted in April with the tracking updating “sender despatching 26/4”
Nothing has moved since.
That’s 7 weeks in transit….
As long as it comes

It’s a bit embarrassing as one’s for a Mate….

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Told tracking will update next week….
The truth is no one knows where it is and certainly hasn’t arrived in the UK yet as customs always updates the tracking

50fathoms

Horology Curious
3/4/19
Told tracking will update next week….
The truth is no one knows where it is and certainly hasn’t arrived in the UK yet as customs always updates the tracking

My tracking number has shown 'Sender despatching item' since 21/4 and it has never changed. 54 days in transit now. Trusty told me that his forwarder said 'expect an update in a week' back at the end of May so well over 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing since

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
My tracking number has shown 'Sender despatching item' since 21/4 and it has never changed. 54 days in transit now. Trusty told me that his forwarder said 'expect an update in a week' back at the end of May so well over 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing since

Yep I was told that next week (now this week) to expect an update on the tracking’ as well

Sent from the RWI App

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Yes please, ok.

Come on TD’s,

my faith is diminished.

ok
Rant over

I had the same…..
Checked stock and then ordered. Suddenly one was out of stock after ordering.
I received the qc on the second watch. Then told third watch was out of stock but received the qc on it 20mins later? So agree the qc on these 2 quickly

So ended up having 400usd credit and 2 watches packed up and shipped. Normally takes around 2 weeks to the uk.

Its currently moving into week 7.

Understand it’s not Amazon and these TD are risking lots to help us with our watch obsession….
Fingers crossed it comes this week or the tracking updates to locate…

How long do you wait before something is agreed as lost, seized, etc?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: andybilsy

Oathome

Looking Around
20/1/21
Have waited 12 days for a repeat of the previous email, freight company issue, getting updates, will come back to you etc.
It Can't take 12 days to speak to delivery company. I've emailed asking for a replacement to be shipped with another service, ultimately if I'm to shoulder the risk of 1 not turning up at all, TT can shoulder the risk of 2 turning up, and me posting one back ????‍♂️
I fully understand it's not a standard item or service, but 2 months with no change or updates isn't right at all, delays happen, but if the flight were cancelled in April, another should be arranged before June

Reactions: 50fathoms

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Have waited 12 days for a repeat of the previous email, freight company issue, getting updates, will come back to you etc.
It Can't take 12 days to speak to delivery company. I've emailed asking for a replacement to be shipped with another service, ultimately if I'm to shoulder the risk of 1 not turning up at all, TT can shoulder the risk of 2 turning up, and me posting one back ????‍♂️
I fully understand it's not a standard item or service, but 2 months with no change or updates isn't right at all, delays happen, but if the flight were cancelled in April, another should be arranged before June

Please let me know the reply as the mate I purchased one of the watches for is losing faith it it ever arriving. To fair I have stopping checking the post now as well. Loads of stuff I have ordered from the east has all arrived. Normally inside a month if not before

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: leo6929

andybilsy

Supporter AB
Supporting Vendor
Patron
Certified
I am still waiting for the last 2 watches from my order ( 7 in total ) that i placed over 2 months ago, ok i did change it on a few occasion's, down to being informed they were, then they weren't in stock, Greened one that was not available after QC'd then was, went missing, then was found, What i really don't understand is the last one i added was to replace the lost one and i placed it because i received a generic email from Trusty advertising their latest deals, Ok it was for a Tag Heuer, but still one would expect if you are plugging an item it would be available ???
Ah well, rant over again . hurry up postie ..

Reactions: Seamusflood

EddytheEagle

Looking Around
22/3/19
Hi,

I am now on day 67 with >sender despatching item< UK, hope for the best but did not get any useful answer so far, so there must be a bigger problem overall since i had no significant issues the last 3 years with Andrew and was always satisfied.

Last edited:

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Same story here. Ordered one rep in early April. Mid June and no sign of the 50 fathoms. I’m in no rush but am getting worried about vague excuses. I would rather get a straight answer with a realistic ETA. I’ll give a few weeks to the TD before asking for the money back…

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Same story here. Ordered one rep in early April. Mid June and no sign of the 50 fathoms. I’m in no rush but am getting worried about vague excuses. I would rather get a straight answer with a realistic ETA. I’ll give a few weeks to the TD before asking for the money back…

????

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK
This isn’t normal. Other TDs are able to send pieces and for them to arrive between 14 days and a month (max). They’re also able to provide details of who is shipping and where the package is.

It all seems a bit fishy. Are the Mods looking into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
Anyone had any updates?
Mines now been 2 months and still no update to the tracking….
Told to be patient and shipped had issues with planes…..