• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any good 42mm PAM's on the market right now?

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
I have the rep 904 42mm Due and love it. As others have said it's a little thicker than gen (which I've also tried) but it wears quite slim and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on someones wrist unless they took it off and held it sideways for me to see the full side profile. My rep 904 also gets more compliments than my gen PAM's do (go figure). If you're looking for that crown guard look on a classy slimmer watch it's hard to beat the 42mm Due.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
The PAM683 is an option, these are still available from the TDs. It's listed as 42mm x 14.5mm, definitely this is thinner than a PAM243.

Besides the crystal that looks distorted from the sides (the gen doesn't have crystal distortion), and the clone P.9010 that is very difficult to adjust the date (same with the gen), this watch is nice and comfy on a small wristed guy like me. ;)

This one is the latest VSF version with clone P.9010.

ZBqXyY.jpg

ZBqCE3.jpg

ZBqd4D.jpg

ZBqT3s.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and Blshh

andriod

Horology Curious
26/8/20
I have the rep 904 42mm Due and love it. As others have said it's a little thicker than gen (which I've also tried) but it wears quite slim and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference on someones wrist unless they took it off and held it sideways for me to see the full side profile. My rep 904 also gets more compliments than my gen PAM's do (go figure). If you're looking for that crown guard look on a classy slimmer watch it's hard to beat the 42mm Due.

Hi do you have some images for your 904? This is panerai due 42 mm correct? I'm also looking at it, but can't find any review on the rep.

https://puretimewatch.io/pam904-lum...ion-gray-dial-on-brown-asso-strap-axxxiv.html

Mush

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/13

btramos What’s the power reserve like on those new 9010 movements? Your watch looks great

btramos

APpreciative PAMpassionate IWCrazy
Supporter
Certified
6/6/20
US
I can't say how many days the power reserve is since I haven't timed it but it seems totally adequate just like all of my other reps. If I'm wearing it during the day it stays running indefinitely without any manual winding. I personally don't worry about the power reserve of reps, they've all been fine for me. Definitely not quite as good as my gens but that's to be expected.

Reactions: Mush

Sebi91

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/20

Putting my hands on a VSF 904 is my new target. Though, by how much mm is it thicker than the gen ? As far as I remember, it was quite a substantial difference. Look wise, VSF due is amazing !! It’s a pitty that they don’t fix the thickness.. Glad to have your views on that as well as pics if you have some off the shelf :)

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
When I still had mine, I'm pretty sure it measured near 14mm from the middle of the glass to the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I’m inclined to get the 904 too despite the thickness, 13.5 isn’t terrible for a 42mm watch. It’s just a shame it’s so far off the genuine one.

I REALLY hope they make a 1392 or 2392 though

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia

I had been on the lookout for a good 42mm and came upon this from a DM by one of the TD's. Might as well post it here in case someone else needs the info.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

I had been on the lookout for a good 42mm and came upon this from a DM by one of the TD's. Might as well post it here in case someone else needs the info.
So what's the info precisely? 🤔

The marked PAMs are 'good', or the unmarked ones? Are they all released by the same factory?

Defintion of 'good'? Overall (quality) is good? Or the thickness is good, as in close to gen?

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
So what's the info precisely? 🤔

The marked PAMs are 'good', or the unmarked ones? Are they all released by the same factory?

Defintion of 'good'? Overall (quality) is good? Or the thickness is good, as in close to gen?
The ones marked with a check are currently in stock.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Got the update from Hont. I'm thinking most TD's will likely be similarly stocked.
Ah, I see. Are they from different factories or are all of them from the same (VSF perhaps?)?

Do you happen to know which one of those 42mm Pam reps have a gen-like or at least gen-similar thickness?

I've been contemplating getting into PAMs for quite a while now, but my wrists can't handle 44mm to 47mm Divers all that well. Also, I can't stand reps that are almost twice as thick as gen. 😂