• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANOTHER mass shooting in the US !

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm working from home today, and my kids are here. They are not of school age yet. Terrifies me to think of the day I send them to school.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
This is just unreal - history just continues to repeat itself. our thoughts and prayers are will all those affected by this tragedy.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Our President just made a statement on this tragedy.

I am proud of him and can only imagine how difficult it was for him to maintain his composure.

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
I posted this on another forum.

As much as I hate anyone getting shot, these were kids mostly. Completely sad and unforgivable.
My fear I that instances like these will cause people to fear guns more and push to ban weapons because of creeps an lunatics like these. It's not a gun that kills.

My thoughts and prayers with the families

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
There is evil present in the world and people that do evil acts. It is heart wrenching to hear of these things and my thoughts and prayers are for the families. What a horrible thing to go through.

Sad day in America.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
My fear I that instances like these will cause people to fear guns more and push to ban weapons because of creeps an lunatics like these. It's not a gun that kills.

Guns are designed to kill, that's the purpose of their invention. They are perfected every year to kill more efficiently, it's considered a better gun one that can kill more, faster .
If a driver licence, getting a job etc. requires you to pass some tests, shouldn't acquiring something designed specifically to kill require some sort of psychological evaluation?

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
As a Brit, I want to avoid doing what Brits always do at these times, which is to start preaching about the right to bear arms and gun law.

Because we've grown up in a country where it has never been a part of our constitution, we may have an opinion - but it can never be an informed opinion.

Instead, I'd like to focus my mind on eighteen sets of parents who saw their children off to school this morning thinking that they were in a safe place.

Nothing can prepare a parent for the shock and trauma of losing a child. It's simply not the natural order of things. To lose your loved ones, innocent children, in this manner is more than I can contemplate. My heart goes out to each and every one of those people.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
When I went to High School in NYC, we had an armed Police Officer on duty every day. Has our society come to the point, that we need this at every school ? What kind of humans are we ? The more I watch the news, the more I hurt for these parents.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
Well that's hard to follow......I commend you for those words.

Kids ffs, children 5-10yrs of age. Sickened, truly sickened!!!

God bless them all, thoughts are with all the families.

As a Brit, I want to avoid doing what Brits always do at these times, which is to start preaching about the right to bear arms and gun law.

Because we've grown up in a country where it has never been a part of our constitution, we may have an opinion - but it can never be an informed opinion.

Instead, I'd like to focus my mind on eighteen sets of parents who saw their children off to school this morning thinking that they were in a safe place.

Nothing can prepare a parent for the shock and trauma of losing a child. It's simply not the natural order of things. To lose your loved ones, innocent children, in this manner is more than I can contemplate. My heart goes out to each and every one of those people.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
The frequency of death by gun in USA is the highest.

This event will not be the last, and the USA will do nothing because the gun lobby is so strong.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Horrible :(

Maybe cause no other civilized country give such an easy access to military grade weapons to any maniac?

This event will not be the last, and the USA will do nothing because the gun lobby is so strong.

+1 to both.

Gun lobby is incredibly strong, but people are stronger, if they realize they are, that is.
Just sayin'

Respect and blessing to all the families involved.

"Guns don't kill people. People kill people. But guns help very much".

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

The gun lobby runs this country. By no means am I in favor of disarming everyone. But there is no reason a civilian should be able to own a semi automatic assault weapon.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
The gun lobby runs this country. By no means am I in favor of disarming everyone. But there is no reason a civilian should be able to own a semi automatic assault weapon.

It's easy to blame it on the gun lobby and the NRA, but they're not magicians. The truth is that guns are a very normal and central part of culture and way of life for about half of Americans. Most of us on the left don't fully appreciate that, so out attitude when talking about gun control tends to alienate people who don't see things through our city-dwelling liberal framework.

I am a liberal and a gun enthusiast, but I can see a justification for magazine capacity limits. I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but I can't see any real need for civilians to have 100 round magazines. "Assault weapons bans" are not productive, though, they are basically mag capacity limits with a bunch of meaningless cosmetic restrictions that do little but antagonize gun owners.

The rates of violence in the United States are very high, but that has more to do with economic disparity, drug prohibition, entrenched class and social issues, and a relative absence of public mental health resources. The vast majority of murders in the united states would probably still take place if guns were banned. That doesn't mean that guns shouldn't be sensibly regulated, but people who act as though banning guns would be some sort of panacea for violence in this country are misguided.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I grew up in the inner city, where no one bought a gun legally. I'm in no way saying we should ban guns. But I still do not understand the need for high power assault rifles. The second amendment doesn't give me the right to own an RPG. There's no logical reason I should be allowed to own a P90. This country has serious problems, that won't be solved anytime soon.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm in no way saying we should ban guns. But I still do not understand the need for high power assault rifles.

Because they are fun.
I do not however see why a stringent licencing regime is not in place for them.