• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And another thing!… the wife problem!

USA IN STOCK

Hello, I'm Melissa
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
USA
Please forward to me all of your significant other email addresses and phone numbers so we can become friends ;) . I promise I'm not up to no good, well, maybe a little.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Woman alert, woman alert.
Danger danger, abandon ship, it's happened folks

They're among us :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

200.gif

DadShoes

BMWho?
Supporter
Certified
16/4/24
Oregon
I told my wife these make me happy, she stands by it, she’s just thankful I gave up motorcycles, although it is still in the blood.

Reactions: KGZ and Dave2302

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Please forward to me all of your significant other email addresses and phone numbers so we can become friends ;) . I promise I'm not up to no good, well, maybe a little.

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Goddess me… lucky that I have missed that t
Otherwise I’d be hearing from the missus
you mean when they first came out? yeah.. it was a major FLOP believe it or not back in 2007..

lol

it was the first time Rolex did anything with pops of color like this and the market simply did not like it.. now, time passes.. and factor in a very limited supply and these beachtona's fetch $80,000+ easy.. nearly half a million for the entire set for collectors.

go to any jeweler or gray market dealer or anything and every single shop will tell you they have buyers ready to pay $400,000+ for the entire set of beachtona's. it's that valued as collector's items

ironically.. not rep'd either for whatever reason :) at least, not that well.. with instant tells too for example the blue and green tona's were made with MOP dials which basically says fake since the gens didn't have it etc

but yeah.. imagine being able to get it for $7k msrp? i think to now it appreciating to $80,000+ ! crazy.. rolex has better roi's than stock at times

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
you mean when they first came out? yeah.. it was a major FLOP believe it or not back in 2007..

lol

it was the first time Rolex did anything with pops of color like this and the market simply did not like it.. now, time passes.. and factor in a very limited supply and these beachtona's fetch $80,000+ easy.. nearly half a million for the entire set for collectors.

go to any jeweler or gray market dealer or anything and every single shop will tell you they have buyers ready to pay $400,000+ for the entire set of beachtona's. it's that valued as collector's items

ironically.. not rep'd either for whatever reason :) at least, not that well.. with instant tells too for example the blue and green tona's were made with MOP dials which basically says fake since the gens didn't have it etc

but yeah.. imagine being able to get it for $7k msrp? i think to now it appreciating to $80,000+ ! crazy.. rolex has better roi's than stock at times
Thanks for this insightful reply. Really had no idea about these colourful beachD’Tonas… I find it fascinating how certain objects becoming sought after when they fall into the scarcity bucket … that ROI is phenomenal… what I also find phenomenal is the creativity the factories have and sometimes they even improve on the original gen 😂

• Love
Reactions: tomriddle

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
Thanks for this insightful reply. Really had no idea about these colourful beachD’Tonas… I find it fascinating how certain objects becoming sought after when they fall into the scarcity bucket … that ROI is phenomenal… what I also find phenomenal is the creativity the factories have and sometimes they even improve on the original gen 😂
at least someone appreciated the history lesson..

i told the same thing to my wife.. I was so excited too explaining the Beachtona's, their set and their history

"you know how much this is worth? $80,000!" and she goes, "you're wearing that flying economy?"
-- yeah, well i won't wear this while on the plane..

o_O

I can't win.. I can't win at all

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07
What’s that?
Is this when the pilot reduces speed to limit my private jet’s fuel consumption ? 🤔
she's right too.. imagine seeing someone on the plane wearing a $100,000 Rolex... sitting cramped in economy?! lol

which is another reason my Panerai 111H has become my default travel watch.. it's not gonna red flag anything and still be appreciated by watch afficionados

....this year i'm definitely rolexing it up. got my TT sub ready to go :D and the Beachtona whenever we get to the resort/etc

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
she's right too.. imagine seeing someone on the plane wearing a $100,000 Rolex... sitting cramped in economy?! lol

which is another reason my Panerai 111H has become my default travel watch.. it's not gonna red flag anything and still be appreciated by watch afficionados

....this year i'm definitely rolexing it up. got my TT sub ready to go :D and the Beachtona whenever we get to the resort/etc
Well… I also have a TT bluesy incoming and I don’t know how am I going to justify wearing that on the tube

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I'm frugal. I always fly as cheaply as possible, just pay a few bucks extra for a bulkhead seat.

I never wear an expensive looking watch on the plane or on vacation, I only wear a "luxury watch" when going out to dinner or some "important" get-together/event. I can't imagine being in Sicily, the Cote d'Azur, Cabo San Lucas, or at the Pyramids, let alone in rural Japan or at the fish market in Ghangzhou, flashing a Day-Date or a Daytona, costing tens of thousands of Dollars.

But that's just me; your mileage may vary.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I'm frugal. I always fly as cheaply as possible, just pay a few bucks extra for a bulkhead seat.

I never wear an expensive looking watch on the plane or on vacation, I only wear a "luxury watch" when going out to dinner or some "important" get-together/event. I can't imagine being in Sicily, the Cote d'Azur, Cabo San Lucas, or at the Pyramids, let alone in rural Japan or at the fish market in Ghangzhou, flashing a Day-Date or a Daytona, costing tens of thousands of Dollars.

100%
That’s what homages or GSHOCKs are for.

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
My trio of travel companions watches are my gen speedy/Apple Watch/rep 6263 Big Red. I found that the speedy and the 6263 fly perfectly under the radar with civilians. Now with watch fans, it's another story... I might add one of my Pika specials metal moonswatches to this trio the next time I travel. I am pretty sure that it will make for a nice convo starter with any watch aficionado..

tomriddle

Renowned Member
25/6/07

100%
That’s what homages or GSHOCKs are for.

I'm always fascinated with the way different people with different tastes approach life differently :) i'm frugal as well and choose to spend my money on what i like not what the world tells me i should (for example i am not a car guy at all, so i won't mind dropping $$$ on a watch or a home entertainment system and drive my Hyundai.. i don't care if i'm wearing a $100,000 watch to my $11,000 hyundai yay depreciation)

but in vacation terms.. i totally "Flex" and "Stunt" :) i don't know why but it's a vacation so let me enjoy it to the fullest and show off what i got regardless of where i am

the only time this would bring me pause is in dangerous areas like Europe or maybe places like Egypt or others in the middle east.. have not had to cross this bridge yet but will eventually since Paris is on the missus' radar

but it's interesting you mention about wet markets and open air markets abroad.. in the Philippines which is where I'm from.. I regularly wore my treasured Hublot Polished Ceramic Rose Gold Big Bang and Panerai 111H to even the most "slummy"/poorest of places. LOL! granted i always had people with me and never actually take public transpo while there.. still, the gist is what you said.. Millions of Pesos worth of watches in the "wrong" place :) lol! (in the philippines these luxury watches cost millions of philippine pesos)

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
I'm always fascinated with the way different people with different tastes approach life differently :) i'm frugal as well and choose to spend my money on what i like not what the world tells me i should (for example i am not a car guy at all, so i won't mind dropping $$$ on a watch or a home entertainment system and drive my Hyundai.. i don't care if i'm wearing a $100,000 watch to my $11,000 hyundai yay depreciation)

but in vacation terms.. i totally "Flex" and "Stunt" :) i don't know why but it's a vacation so let me enjoy it to the fullest and show off what i got regardless of where i am

the only time this would bring me pause is in dangerous areas like Europe or maybe places like Egypt or others in the middle east.. have not had to cross this bridge yet but will eventually since Paris is on the missus' radar

but it's interesting you mention about wet markets and open air markets abroad.. in the Philippines which is where I'm from.. I regularly wore my treasured Hublot Polished Ceramic Rose Gold Big Bang and Panerai 111H to even the most "slummy"/poorest of places. LOL! granted i always had people with me and never actually take public transpo while there.. still, the gist is what you said.. Millions of Pesos worth of watches in the "wrong" place :) lol! (in the philippines these luxury watches cost millions of philippine pesos)
I am more conservative, for a repaholic, when it comes to day to day wear… for work, whenever I wear Rolex, people stare a lot… that’s why I very rarely wear it at work… in fact o tend to avoid it as much as possible… the Panerais receive very little attention… nobody really knows what they are…. Whenever I travel I tend to enjoy my pieces to the fullest and at airport is where I often see interesting wrist watches… somehow I often find that people wear their nicer watches in airports… who would attempt robbery after having passed through security anyway 😂