• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Whit27

28/11/12
Anyone ordered a good watch repair kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeane123

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/4/15
I just received more montblanc wallets, Hermes belts(3), a Milanese loop strap for the apple watch and Xmas decoration projector. I will post pics tomorrow, little disappointed in the apple watch strap and the fact that the belts wasn't the right size but the quality is great on the belts and wallets

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
That sites seems way to fishy.. Someone buy a prepaid gift card and try it.. I will not. Lol

Agreed. It was posted by a brand-new user, too.

D

d4m.test

Rep V/s Original HBA t-shirt review / comparison

For those that don't know what Hood By Air is, I guess you can treat this as a comparison for rep t-shirts on Ali or just ignore it.

I picked up the original HBA "dyslexic" t-shirt a couple months ago and was after another but decided to go for a rep first and see how the quality is - mostly because I didn't think the original was really worth spending $200 again.

The rep was from Ali - probably one of the best known sellers on there for "street wear" brands like Off/White, HBA, etc on there (Vinco - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/130611) but a lot of other sellers offer the same stuff as him as well - so if you bother doing a bit of research you can find the same quality stuff he sells for cheaper.

The rep t-shirt itself is slightly thinner than the original and the HBA "sticker" or whatever material they use for the outside HBA lettering is also not as solid as the original but it's not printed on - which means you can get away with it - unless of course you let random guys touch your tees.

The tags inside the t-shirt are close as well - one difference being the size tag "L" is not at the bottom but on the right of the tag and the tag on the inside doesn't have the second tag with the material info on it but these are pretty negligible. Like all Ali t-shirts you have to size up at least a size or two. In the original I was an S but the rep I have had to go for a L to get the same sizing.

It doesn't come with any other tags/bag so this can't be compared but in my opinion its good value for money.

Rating: 7/10 (thickness of material / HBA lettering)

Pics (original on right / top in 3rd image)

9htFzLd.jpg

kG4vmV0.jpg

I33ytqr.jpg

TpItkSN.jpg

hendrikus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/15
575 pages yet.
It takes a lot of time to read all of it:cry2:
Perhaps it is wise to make some sub-chapters like shoes, shirts, belts, pens, coats, straps, etc. etc.?

just my 2 cents

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
Sad to hear, i had a general feeling that a bit more money on ali could get you nice quality.
What would TW or BB be?

Sorry i meant CT or Charles Tyrwhitt and BB is Brooks Brothers. Dunno why it changed to TW lol.

Thatman

2/11/14
Still waiting on it! It should be here shortly tho. Will post pics when it comes in. Also, no links to the Hermes belt I'm afraid.

Did you ever receive the belt, curious about the quality, do you have a new link for the reversible Hermes belt?

Arttylux

27/9/15
Another reason for me to stop buying crap on Ali:
I sent the seller of he RL shirt I was complaining about here yesterday a message about the flaws. Then I get this reply:
"Dear Friend

Very sorry to cause your discontent,I give you to see pictures tell you that we have this logo shirt, also, there are two collar marked, but the warehouse shipment is random, I've told them, but they did not notice the problem, and I am very, very sorry, I was a girl in school, I came out of my part-time to earn a living and tuition, if there is a dispute, the boss will deduct most of my salary, I am afraid, I hope we can be a good solution this question, thank you very much to contact me in case of problems, you are a very good buyer, thank you sincerely, and now there are two solutions: the first one: I give you three dollars of compensation, and the second: Will you please return the goods, I resend a new high-quality products to you, and give you a nice little gift,waiting your news
have a nice day!"

Seriously?

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
Quick question. If you close a dispute can you open another one after the extra 15 day payment protection has passesd and the item still hasn't arrived? . Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Arttylux

27/9/15
Quick question. If you close a dispute can you open another one after the extra 15 day payment protection has passesd and the item still hasn't arrived? . Thanks in advance.

Don't think so... If you close the dispute=problem solved. No chance of reopening.

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
Yeah i though so the seller is pushing me to close the dispute. Its only for a cheap jewelers loupe.

Arttylux

27/9/15
Yeah i though so the seller is pushing me to close the dispute. Its only for a cheap jewelers loupe.

I agree that it might not be worth the hassle...
But on the other hand, they choose to sell the cheap things. So as a principal you should get the goods you pay for. No matter if it costs $1 or $ 1000.

gipsey

Known Member
7/6/15
I agree that it might not be worth the hassle...
But on the other hand, they choose to sell the cheap things. So as a principal you should get the goods you pay for. No matter if it costs $1 or $ 1000.
Agreed

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Agreed. It was posted by a brand-new user, too.

Didn't even look at that. That's beyond fishy. Glad we've all moved on from that..

Another reason for me to stop buying crap on Ali:
I sent the seller of he RL shirt I was complaining about here yesterday a message about the flaws. Then I get this reply:
"Dear Friend

Very sorry to cause your discontent,I give you to see pictures tell you that we have this logo shirt, also, there are two collar marked, but the warehouse shipment is random, I've told them, but they did not notice the problem, and I am very, very sorry, I was a girl in school, I came out of my part-time to earn a living and tuition, if there is a dispute, the boss will deduct most of my salary, I am afraid, I hope we can be a good solution this question, thank you very much to contact me in case of problems, you are a very good buyer, thank you sincerely, and now there are two solutions: the first one: I give you three dollars of compensation, and the second: Will you please return the goods, I resend a new high-quality products to you, and give you a nice little gift,waiting your news
have a nice day!"

Seriously?

I can't help but LOL to that.. WTF is that!? Bold move.. I'd just open a dispute inspire. However, where do they even come up with a story like that!?

s4guy85

Horology Curious
26/2/15
Wow, so much to comb over on this thread. Has anyone received Yeezy 350 Boosts?