• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

shadowmaker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
I tried to research , didnt find any info.
Please enlighten me if you get something :)

shadowmaker

Banned
8/12/13
Well , just go for it , only 10$ and you can find them on ebay for same price.
I used ebay , i prefer it over alixpress.
If theres a problem you can return em.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
I bought a MB pen and two sets of MB cuff links. For the money they are great.

Only annoying thing is there is some play in the pen. Trying to figure out if you can tighten.

I will post pics later.

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Have you experienced Veithdia before? How are they? Maybe order some fake Aviators or Wayfarers lol?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am really impressed by the Veithdia sunglasses I bought.
If they didn't have the Chinese labeling on them, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between these and a genuine pair of Oakleys, which I own several pair.
They are seriously that good.

GetSomeMoney

10/7/13
I bought a MB pen and two sets of MB cuff links. For the money they are great.

Only annoying thing is there is some play in the pen. Trying to figure out if you can tighten.

I will post pics later.
Did you get a MB Ballpoint pen?

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
My next door neighbor started buying condoms from Ali Boomboom about nine months ago. Now he's got all these pregnant young ladies holding vigil on his front yard. Be careful with your purchases !! Read the reviews before you order !! ..............hmmmmmm, the word 'boomboom' kinda fits the situation, doesn't it ??

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I am really impressed by the Veithdia sunglasses I bought.
If they didn't have the Chinese labeling on them, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between these and a genuine pair of Oakleys, which I own several pair.
They are seriously that good.

And how are the lens? Are they comfortable for eyes?

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
My next door neighbor started buying condoms from Ali Boomboom about nine months ago. Now he's got all these pregnant young ladies holding vigil on his front yard. Be careful with your purchases !! Read the reviews before you order !! ..............hmmmmmm, the word 'boomboom' kinda fits the situation, doesn't it ??

I suppose you shouldn't save money on condoms lol.

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
The lenses are very nice and comfortable for my eyes - comparable to my Oakleys.

shadowmaker

Banned
8/12/13
And why are rolexes 5000$? And breitlings with 150$ 2824's are 3000$?

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
And why are rolexes 5000$? And breitlings with 150$ 2824's are 3000$?

I suppose watches are much harder in making. And a brand logo of course. The same with Oaklyes I think. You pay a lot for brand, and much less for optics

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Makes you think when you can buy a quality pair of sunglasses for $10.50, just how much profit margin companies like Oakley make on their products.
Wouldn't surprise me if a company like Viethdia actually manufactures sunglasses for some of the larger name brands who just slap their logo on.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I've just ordered a pair of matte black Wayfarers to see if I can get glass lens, metal hinges and metal bones inside the earpieces for $15. Will post a little review when I'll get them. Gonna check Viethdia too.

violentvinyl

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
22/5/15
I've had mixed luck with AliExpress. I ordered a leather bag (which I knew was PU), and when it showed up, the print on the PU was already scuffed. On the first trip, the over the shoulder strap buckles came off, and by the end of the trip, one of the straps was hanging on by a thread. I also have a pair of Tom Ford Wayfairer style sunglasses though that look great, came with replica packaging and everything, and they were cheap enough that I let the kids wear them if they want!

My rule of thumb is now that if it looks simple, it's probably easy to replicate and will be a good quality product (most sunglasses, belts, cufflinks, etc.), but as soon as you're looking for something more complicated (bags, watches, etc.) you have to be a lot more careful where you buy from.