• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice and experience regarding ctopay.com

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Have had the same issue with this cctopay...and never accept my payment so...I gave up

horologik

I'm Pretty Popular
8/6/09
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow, I am glad that I am not the only one having issues. I used CTOPAY with my MC, then Visa, which had a verification screen. The payment went through and was reversed within 30 sec. Then Visa called me on that and said that it looked weird that it was accepted and then refunded.
Was it due to the Visa Verification Screen on all web purchased?
I don't know, but I didn't dare try it again. WU's charges were off the roof in Canada, 55$ for a 510$ order.
So I ordered from someone else. Although, HONT was superb in answering and pricing. Sorry.

mackiem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/09
UPDATE: The First card I tried twice on after trying a diff card was accepted. In total took four attempts but I got there.

I even asked Hont if he'll accept iKobo - Money Transfer Services, I just googled and it sends a pre-paid visa card via fedex to Hont and then he can withdraw cash. Fee is $11.50.

Has anyone had any experience with iKobo??

jad648

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/09
Greetings to all from a noob to the forum and to reps,

I just paid Hont using Ctopay.com with a VISA card from Citibank and he received the money within a couple of hours. Citibank fraud called me to ask me if I had made the transaction and I verified it was legitimate, so they didn't block it. Hont did specify that CC transactions cannot exceed $600 at a time. Since I'm a noob and have never dealt with Hont or any other dealer here, I limited my first transaction to one purchase for $260. On the reference, I just wrote "Purchase". I have a few more items to buy, but I'll wait to see how this one turns out.

I wasn't surprised that Citibank fraud department called. I just returned from a two week vacation, which I had forewarned Citibank about, and their fraud department based in the Phillipines called me every couple of days to confirm charges. I complained because it was annoying and amateur, but I still received more calls. Really stupid stuff; I confirmed that I had rented a car at the location I was visiting and the next day they called me to verify if a gas station transaction was mine. I replied "yes, they didn't have horse drawn carriages when I arrived so I had to rent a car that needs fuel". Really, that stupid.

Anyway, I've only been reading the forum a little over a week and have learned a great deal already. I look forward to future communications and exchanges with fellow members.