• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice and experience regarding ctopay.com

btn

Looking Around
15/6/09
Hi, I have trying to purchase a watch from Hont for the past day. Per his instructions I have been using his option 3 for credit cards. I have entered all my information twice, and received an order number from them both times, yet he has told me that both orders have not gone through. Have any of you experienced this with ctopay.com/sino-pay.com? If so how were you able to finally get it to work? Thanks.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
sometimes the charges to China are automatically blocked (fraud protection)

I use Visa and call my company each time to authorize the charge. No problem after doing that (each time).

btn

Looking Around
15/6/09
Actually I did do that between the first payment attempt and the second, even though Citibank told me that no one attempted to put any charges through in the first place...

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
You can try WU if the admin charges for it is not so ridiculous in your country..

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I had the same problem yesterday as the OP. Card company blocked the sale for suspected fraud. Not worth the hassle for me right now. The advice I got from Hont (in three words) was just to redo the payment was not advisable IMO.

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
has anybody used moneybookers? I tried the credit card way but they also blocked me for fraud protection. Then i got an account with moneybookers and they seem to block me as well?!? i went to my bank and they told me they are not blocking the payment so i dont know what the deal is. anybody else having issues with uploading funds to moneybooker account?

If you see Kay

26/1/09
yup had a problem with ctopay too. my Mastercard didn't go through even though i redid the payment . I called MC and they said it did not go thru. switched to Visa and payment success.

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Strange,

I always pay via ctopay.com when dealing with Hont and I never
had any problems at all.

I always have recived confirmation within an hour or two.

// Mike

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
phillycheez said:
has anybody used moneybookers? I tried the credit card way but they also blocked me for fraud protection. Then i got an account with moneybookers and they seem to block me as well?!? i went to my bank and they told me they are not blocking the payment so i dont know what the deal is. anybody else having issues with uploading funds to moneybooker account?

I used to use MB for buying reps. Then they screwed me.
I'll never use them again, nor would I recommend taht anyone else does. Here's the original thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35226&p=304374&hilit=moneybookers#p304374

btn

Looking Around
15/6/09
I tried a 3rd time last night and once again it did not go through. I called my bank again and they told me they did not turn down any charges. I would suggest that Hont find a different way to accept credit card payments. I have never had this problem before and I make tons of purchase's on the internet.

phillycheez

6/6/09
Importr said:
phillycheez said:

I used to use MB for buying reps. Then they screwed me.
I'll never use them again, nor would I recommend taht anyone else does. Here's the original thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35226&p=304374&hilit=moneybookers#p304374

Thank you for that thread and i am sorry for your loss on that. i will not be using my moneybookers account. i guess its a good thing they wouldnt even let me upload funds! And whats this i hear about paypal being crooked? i have been using paypal for years and never had a problem.

btn

Looking Around
15/6/09
Well it looks like Hont and I won't be able to resolve this problem. He says it's on my end yet Citibank tells me they haven't even received a claim for funding and nothing has been blocked. Not sure what to do at this point...

santon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
^^^^ had the exact same issue last night.
wouldnt go through, tried dif cards. called card companies said no one tried to put anythint through. Tried WU online, said you have to go into store, I gave up. This was a $1000 order. Hont was great at replying but his "dont accept paypal" killed the deal.
Emailed another seller who I got my first order from, sent me his paypal account and within 30 seconds we were done.

Hont seriously, set up a paypal account. Alot of people here love you, but when it comes time to order no one has hours to f909k around and send emails back and forth, and call their credit card companies etc.

My 3rd order whenever that is I will look you up again and give you a chance, hopefully you have your sh8t together before then. thanks for everything.

phillycheez

6/6/09
you swear a ton santon... not that i have a problem with it cause i swear a lot as well. but for some reason when im typing, i tend to not type what i say. just wondering but why is it that people censor their swearing on forums? i never got that... is it against the rules or something?

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
I am planing to buy from Hont and set up a Money Bookers but spoke to them on phone and US uses can not make payments to China now I was told and canceled account..

Westen Union is also strange as Hont sent me info to deposit to Bank I think but looks like I can only choose option to have him pick up money at a WU Location...

Has anyone in USA made a WU to Hont's Bank?
If not what option do you use ????

slooowr6

18/8/09
Looks like I'm not the only one in US can't get money to Hont for a purchase. Moneybooker does not work for me. Don't like WU, bank wire is too expensive and using a CC on a unknown site does not feel safe. Oh well, I just have to shop else where........ :(

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Hont used to have paypal until some noob came in and screwed the account, it is not that he does not want too..

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Anyone who once worked in the b2c e-business knows what a pain in the ( )( ) it is to accept online payment, and with items like replicas it must be even more difficult, because baiscaly no payment processor or platefrom want to work with you.

Paypal is probably the worst. When you work with them as a seller, basically they are god and you are nothing. They can block your account or froze your funds without giving you a reason, and there is nothing you can do about it. So if your business starts to grown, you can be sure that one day paypal will become your worst nightmare.

About cc, it's not the seller who decides to accept your payment or not. It's up to the cc processor and your cc company/bank.

cc processors have stong verification processes to prevent chargebacks, because if they have too much frauds, banks won't work with them anymore, and they will have police and customs services on their back.

So if your transactions seems a bit unusual (paying from abroad, misspelled address, ...) they will rather decline it right away than having a chargeback later.

mackiem

9/8/09
having same problem with citibank right now fourth and last attempt, ctopay takes hours for confirmation such a waste, me too with mastercard

RightKerfuffle

Horology Curious
24/7/09
I'm glad it was not only me ! Ctopay is a pain in the ar$e, blocking everything I sent and with the 24 hours to respond. I too spoke to the CC company - no request for payment.

The only thing I can see in common here is that I used mastercard not visa - not sure if it makes a difference ?