• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Accuracy of clone Movements

Nighttime

Looking Around
9/5/22
Hello,

I recently received my first rep, an omega deville co-Axial with the A2824 Movement. A big pro for the decision to get a rep was the ok-ish inaccuracy of about 5-10s per day, like many confirmed and was also stated in the QC. In my watch I notice inaccuracy of about a minute per day, which is a bit too much for my taste.

Two Questions:

1. Is it normal that the accuracy drops when wearing the watch instead of it laying down while measuring?

2. Is this an issue that can be solved by servicing the watch?

kind regards

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
H7iekP.gif

Hello and WELCOME to RWI from the official reception desk!

You are receiving this reply because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or because of one of your first posts elsewhere. In the latter case, please consider introducing yourself in the above mentioned section.

If you haven't already, please read the sticky threads in the new members section (all subsections). They contain important newbie information and our forum rules! Most importantly our sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Also, please take a look at this sticky thread:

And this one:

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We love to help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

Reactions: Feefo

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
hi there-

your watch likely needs regulation. Luckily it is something any watchmaker can do- especially with a common serviceable movement like an A2824. You need to find one that is comfortable servicing "homage watches". Try small mom and pop watch shops- not big jewelry stores. Ask them if they can regulate a Chinese 2824 in a "homage watch" for you. For good measure also ask them if they think it is magnetized.

welcome and best of luck.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Sounds like it needs to be regulated. I have a number of A2824 as well as ETA 2824 and their accuracy is mostly less then +5 seconds per day. Things affect every mechanical movement, but every one I own or have owned has always kept great time.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
1. Is it normal that the accuracy drops when wearing the watch instead of it laying down while measuring?

It's normal that the performance changes (+/-), depending on the mechanical movement's position, the gravitational forces it's exposed to and the ambient temperature.

2. Is this an issue that can be solved by servicing the watch?

Yes, the performance of a mechanical watch movement's accuracy can be adjusted by having it regulated by a watchmaker.

Reactions: Snooky