• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A couple of assumptions for new rep

D

d4m.test

Lets go over a few colorful facts of the RWG watch. This is NOT an open attack on Luth as a member so all you uptight members please remove your panties from your ass before reading.

What you about to read is speculation, opinion, doubt, bullshit, and in NO way reflects upon the member himself.

Luth claims its taking so long about 1 1/2 - 2yrs so far because he keeps rejecting dials, markers aren't good, cases aren't perfect, bracelet problems, because they (the factory can't get it right), but then later says I don't understand the China mentality, thier attention to detail, and dedication to pride in craftsmanship and quality. Luth says they (the factory) just can't get the blue dial right, the blue dial color is so off they are sending ninjas after him for complaining so much, but then again he quotes thier obession with perfection.

He tells us the watches are taking so long because its a 300 piece order (he states thats the minumum that can be ordered in a batch) and that if the factory gets a larger order his goes on the backburner. In other words if they start work on a 300 piece order but then Fat Man Chu walks in with a 3000 piece order that the factory stops all production and starts on the larger order, LOL, he must not understand how production works or perhaps his factory can't chew gum, tap thier heads, and rub thier tummies at the same time.

Luth will tell you its a pursuit of perfection but then says hes using a Asian chrono movement, if perfection is what your after why not use a Swiss 7753 at a cost of $569 or a 7750 at a cost of $469 from Ofrei and bulid around that?? Sure theres added cost because your getting a Swiss movement instead of a Asian clone. So is Luth in the business of making rep quality watches of his own design or making high quality watches of his own design.

We've also been told Luth and Mary from watchinternational (Luths dealer and partner in the RWG watch) are going legit, refering to legit watches where he imagines branding his own watches and selling them. I'm sure there will no problem breaking into that market.

Sorry for the long quote, I just don't know if I want to snip anything out.

So far, Luthier has been saying/suggesting "Chinese manufacturing CAN BE very high end. I am traveling back and forth and scrutinizing heavily to make sure it happens." That's a person I would buy a watch from.

Fat Man Chu probably says "Chinese manufacturing is ALWAYS high end." That's a person I would run away from.

Unfortunately I can see that in this day and age, Luthier might want to market his product like Fat Man Chu. Telling people you can turn sh!t into gold is slightly worse than saying you have unlimited gold.

I'd prefer if Luthier stayed the same way, but that might be bad for business. ;)

If he wants to say there's no used ETA in China, maybe it's in such small quantities that he hadn't seen any yet. I think it's a big country.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Sub, everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it becomes a personal attack, an extended campaign against a person or group (ie: stalking a member or dealer by attacking them in every thread possible) or an attack on a demographic that is over and above what is acceptable.

Your opinion is skating very close to being a personal attack. Fortunately Luth take care of himself.