• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A couple of assumptions for new rep

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Clones, look a like movements, reused movements from failed watches are plentiful. Finding high quality Swiss movements in reps isn't gonna be an easy thing.

You have remember reps are only made for a few reasons, first and most important is to make profits, second is to fool people, which in most cases is the buyer, and finally to use the cheapest materials available to produce the best looking product (not the best working product), just about everything a dealer tells you about the watches they sell is BS. Go read the lies about reps and make up your own mind.

D

d4m.test

None of the above, mate. Many chinese factories buy absolutely "brand new" movements directly from ETA, without any problems. Of course, if some small factory buy 500 movements - they'll be the last in line, but if a factory order 1000-5000 movements - they usually receive the shipment in about 2-3 months. All new, in cases, untouched, right after QC in Switzerland. I visited many factories in China, and I've seen it by my own eyes. Never seen any "Buy used ETA" posters anywhere in China. And no, there's no any 9 y/old slave kids. But I've seen many 19 y/old workers, who doing their operations quite well.

I don't doubt that this is the case with SOME of the factories, but not all of them. I trust Noob and H-Factory with supplying new swiss movements, but I've seen too many pictorials on here of sketchy movements from other factories and suppliers. Some pictorials are old, but some are from the recent CrPO put out by BP Factory, and I imagine that they might look like the inside of your anus on a hot summer day.

Besides, when many of the Noob releases charge $150 for swiss and BP Factory charges $30, there's something wrong there. I have no doubt that I can get a brand new Swiss ETA in a watch if I'm lucky, but I can also get a freshly made picture perfect Big Mac from McDonald's if I'm lucky too. Chances are the Big Mac has been dropped on the floor and reheated in someone's armpit.

I probably wouldn't pay $150 for swiss anyways, and instead opt to buy a swiss movement separately whenever the asian breaks down. The $100 upgrade from a few months ago was a much more reasonable price.

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
So large well known Swiss brands aren't being supplied by ETA, for example Tag Heuer which have used ETA movements forever and are now using Sellita and are unable to receive stock from ETA but some rep factory in China is being well supplied, BULLSHIT.
1. Remind me, please, how many times you visited chinese factories? ;)
2. Who told you TAG can't get ETAs? Slap him hard.
3. Read this:

:p

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
I don't doubt that this is the case with SOME of the factories, but not all of them. I trust Noob and H-Factory with supplying new swiss movements, but I've seen too many pictorials on here of sketchy movements from other factories and suppliers. Some pictorials are old, but some are from the recent CrPO put out by BP Factory, and I imagine that they might look like the inside of your anus on a hot summer day.

Besides, when many of the Noob releases charge $150 for swiss and BP Factory charges $30, there's something wrong there. I have no doubt that I can get a brand new Swiss ETA in a watch if I'm lucky, but I can also get a freshly made picture perfect Big Mac from McDonald's if I'm lucky too. Chances are the Big Mac has been dropped on the floor and reheated in someone's armpit.

I probably wouldn't pay $150 for swiss anyways, and instead opt to buy a swiss movement separately whenever the asian breaks down. The $100 upgrade from a few months ago was a much more reasonable price.
In my strong, and kinda well informed opinion, BP factory is one of these 2nd or even 3rd tier factories, that can't even align hours markers well. Once they made quite decent Sub case, and that's it. If they charge $30 for ETA - I'd run from any of their watches as far, as I can. There's not "somethjing", there's everything wrong.
And to The Clown - where did you see posters "We buy used ETA movements!!!" anywhere in China, or any other country? Still, NOBEDY, ever, answer on my question - where any factory can get hundreds if not thousands of used ETAs? That's a faking BULLSHIT.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Look, of course they can get them, its a matter of steady supply of movements and parts and being under control of ETA or Swatch which is the main reason many large famous brands are moving away from them, amongst other reasons.

Luth, I don't give shit how many times you've been to China. Have you ever considered the fact that your be played?? Use your head a bit, its Not the capital of quality you claim it to be. Its the land of forced labor, unsafe conditions, and very little if any human rights, open your eyes man.

Luthier

Respected Member
30/9/09
Of course, they can get them??? WHERE??? Answer on my simple question!!! WHERE???
And no, there's no any play, I've seen aluminum boxes with hundreds of ETAs with all shipping labels on the boxes, not prepared for me especially, just I went to the warehouse, and here they are.

D

d4m.test

Of course, they can get them??? WHERE??? Answer on my simple question!!! WHERE???

Lol, ANYWHERE!

1. Someone sends their DOA watch in for repair to a rep factory. They pop out the movement and put it in their USED pile to fix up for another watch later.
2. Someone sends their gen watch in for repair to their AD. The AD pops in a new movement and sends the old one to HQ, and they sell them off in a big batch. Google "used watch movements" and there are a handful of sites that deal with this on a small scale.

If there's a supply of crap, someone's gonna find a way to sell it and use it. That's human nature.

D

d4m.test

And FYI, you don't need to prove their point of origin to prove that used ETA movements exist in rep watches. The existence of them in watches already proves that it happens.

I have met many people and have no problem acknowledging their existence, yet I have never viewed their mothers' vaginas.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Luth, I recall another post you made about how we or I believe you said I don't understand the China mentality, thier craftsmanship, pride in work, and a bunch of other bs and I remember thinking how funny that was that you imply those terms on rep goods.

Now sure some quality products come out of China but those are products that have very strict guidelines on quality control and materials, used by brand name maunfacutres, most of which are products being shipped there to be assembled and are Not produced there. Understand??

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Luth, I've had ETA's that looked like your asshole on a hot humid day. I highly doubt they were new.

.....and I imagine that they might look like the inside of your anus on a hot summer day.
... reheated in someone's armpit.

....yet I have never viewed their mothers' vaginas.

:rofl: You guys sure have a way with words.

Now, explain to me the up charge for an ETA? Do they deduct the cost of the clone first? :thinking:

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
:rofl: You guys sure have a way with words.

Now, explain to me the up charge for an ETA? Do they deduct the cost of the clone first? :thinking:

I think they use a dartboard, personally

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You pay for the clone and the ETA. Hence, the factory pockets a good chunk of change when you buy " Swiss ". I always buy Asian clone movements. If I want a true ETA, I purchase it from a trusted source. Even most of the ETA's sold on Ebay are fake.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You pay for the clone and the ETA. Hence, the DEALER pockets a good chunk of change when you buy " Swiss ". I always buy Asian clone movements. If I want a true ETA, I purchase it from a trusted source. Even most of the ETA's sold on Ebay are fake.

Fixed for you.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Lets go over a few colorful facts of the RWG watch. This is NOT an open attack on Luth as a member so all you uptight members please remove your panties from your ass before reading.

What you about to read is speculation, opinion, doubt, bullshit, and in NO way reflects upon the member himself.

Luth claims its taking so long about 1 1/2 - 2yrs so far because he keeps rejecting dials, markers aren't good, cases aren't perfect, bracelet problems, because they (the factory can't get it right), but then later says I don't understand the China mentality, thier attention to detail, and dedication to pride in craftsmanship and quality. Luth says they (the factory) just can't get the blue dial right, the blue dial color is so off they are sending ninjas after him for complaining so much, but then again he quotes thier obession with perfection.

He tells us the watches are taking so long because its a 300 piece order (he states thats the minumum that can be ordered in a batch) and that if the factory gets a larger order his goes on the backburner. In other words if they start work on a 300 piece order but then Fat Man Chu walks in with a 3000 piece order that the factory stops all production and starts on the larger order, LOL, he must not understand how production works or perhaps his factory can't chew gum, tap thier heads, and rub thier tummies at the same time.

Luth will tell you its a pursuit of perfection but then says hes using a Asian chrono movement, if perfection is what your after why not use a Swiss 7753 at a cost of $569 or a 7750 at a cost of $469 from Ofrei and bulid around that?? Sure theres added cost because your getting a Swiss movement instead of a Asian clone. So is Luth in the business of making rep quality watches of his own design or making high quality watches of his own design.

We've also been told Luth and Mary from watchinternational (Luths dealer and partner in the RWG watch) are going legit, refering to legit watches where he imagines branding his own watches and selling them. I'm sure there will no problem breaking into that market.