• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5726/1A by GRF

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
And so, what about the Moonphase? Is it working like on a 30 days rotation?

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
No, it’s not a real moon phase and only acts as a day night indicator.

KalKala

27/11/18
Really? But I only see the moon disk and no moon/sun as per usual...

PS: do you mean it just has the moon rotating out in 12 hours and then you have nothing...?

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I have the blue dial version. Yes, the pushers at 4 and 8 oclock are faux on mine. I own a stock PPF 5711 white and a ZF 5167 gray and I would say this feels "nicer" than those.

Whats weird is when I push the 10 oclock pusher to change the day, it alternates between the day and a white space. So it would be like Monday > BLANK > Tuesday > BLANK > Wednesday etc

This is a common thing I was told. It does the same thing on my GRF 5205, but isn't a complete blank space, it is more like half the day is visible when you press it once, and then press it a second time to make the day show complete in the opening.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I got my QC pics for the grey dial. They did not send a clear pic from straight on so I am requesting more pics. Even from this angle it seems clear the 12 o'clock markers are not aligned. I also cannot see the date windows clearly so hopefully the additional QC pics will show the dial straight on clearly.

The watch otherwise looks good especially the timegrapher results.

Question: how hard is to adjust the hour markers on the dial? I'm sure different rep makers use different methods to secure the markers. Some use tape, some use glue. Any idea how GRF does it and if removing and realigning the hour markers would be a tough job?

If the date windows are nice and centered I may accept this one and try to align the 12 o'clock markers by a local watch repair man.

Thanks

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Gentleman, i just got my QC and I think the date font is a bit go upper left, then i went check some pics of the TDs and it seem all the same, what do you think ?
8fe1604b71ce8fa3dcd5e731c109e9da.jpg
cb0bbea5c790bdc570335917beec1729.jpg

Sent from my LIO-AL00 using Tapatalk

Kang did you accept this piece or reject for a new one? Your 9 o'clock hour marker is slightly off. Mine appears to be as well. Regarding your date windows I think you are correct they appear to be left justified slightly on all of them. I am waiting for additional QC pics of the dial since they sent some bad pics. Please post your watch pics if you received yours already.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Still would be really interested to know how hard it is to fix these hour markers on the dial.

legend I hope you don't mind me tagging you on this thread so you can comment if possible.

I think with these GRFs we may have to accept the hour markers and date window being off a little. If we reject based on these we won't get anything better.

Unless someone received a great piece with good aligned hour markers and date windows then please post and let us know.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I got additional QC pics today. The date windows are exceptionally well aligned!

However, the 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock markers are not that great. Thinking I may reject this one considering others have posted QC pics with well aligned hour markers.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It seems a shame to reject this one since the date windows are so perfect and the movement is keeping great time.

Any help on the difficulty realigning hour markers would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
tangokilo Changing the hour markers can be somewhat easy actually, it all depends on how much patience you have. The markers are held on by a tiny bit of glue and two little feet which connect to the dial. They can be easily pulled off with some tweezers. But be careful. If any sort of metal tool you use were to accidentally slide across the dial it would scratch the dial. Now if you have wooden tools it’s a breeze. Simply remove the markers slowly, bend the little feet just a microscopic bit( to realign it) and then simply glue it back using another microscopic bit of GS hypo cement. But looking at your watch, the hour markers will not be that noticeable on the wrist, just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
tangokilo Changing the hour markers can be somewhat easy actually, it all depends on how much patience you have. The markers are held on by a tiny bit of glue and two little feet which connect to the dial. They can be easily pulled off with some tweezers. But be careful. If any sort of metal tool you use were to accidentally slide across the dial it would scratch the dial. Now if you have wooden tools it’s a breeze. Simply remove the markers slowly, bend the little feet just a microscopic bit( to realign it) and then simply glue it back using another microscopic bit of GS hypo cement. But looking at your watch, the hour markers will not be that noticeable on the wrist, just my two cents.

Hi Jack thanks for the reply! It sounds like I would not be able to do it myself. I'll call my local watch repair man to see if he can do it.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
Oh if you are willing to send it to a watchmaker they can do it on site usually. I got a Gen tag dial marker adjusted at a local shop and it took about 25 min and only cost me $40

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm going to accept this QC despite the 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock markers being misaligned. As Jack noted above it can be done by a local watch smith and is not too difficult for them. More important are the alignment of the date windows. I will post more pics when it arrives!

user1984

Horology Curious
13/9/18
Ordered a blue dial from puretime yesterday. Will share QC with you guys when they come.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just got the grey dial today. I'm really impressed with it! The finish is quite well done, the feel is very solid. The bracelet is not the best, but I am comparing to PF 5711 which I think has a good bracelet.

Actually, the bracelet is also nice just different than the PF 5711 so I am not sure which is closer to gen.

I will post pics later!!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just noticed some light scratches on the edge of the bezel that definitely were not there on the QC pics. Looks like someone rough handled it and left hairline scratches on the edge of the bezel.

I am assuming it would not be hard for a watch repair man to buff out the scratches since the edge of the bezel is high polished gloss and not the brushed part like on the flat surface.

Any input on the level of difficulty for a watch repair man to do this would be appreciated. They are really hairline scratches but they are bothering me.

On a more positive note the 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock markers that are not aligned are barely noticeable and not bad at all to the naked eye.

Just need to figure out if buffing the hairline scratches would be an easy task or not.