• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 grey.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
hi guys. i've been looking at getting the grey for awhile. did quite abit of reading around the various forums & came to a conclusion that the Miyota version was the better between the 2 factories, considering i'm looking for it to be in bracelet. but it begs the question, do they do it? i've seen black, white, blue & brown but not a grey. am i missing smth?

also, now with the V2 for the miyota, i understand bracelet holes have appeared which arent like the GEN. other then filling the holes up&resanding them, does anyone know if there're 3rd party makers who make these bracelets?

&shout-out to DC for the great review of yours! really helped narrow down my choices!

thanks!

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
^^ There is a simple answer to this.. the gen PP 5711G (with grey dial) only came out on a gen leather strap. therefore if you find a grey dial on bracelet, it will be a fantasy model, that doesn't exists in real life. I guess you wouldn't want to buy a watch that when people see it, they will immediately tell it's not real, because Patek Philippe never made it. so I suggest to you to find a Salita SW200 model in grey and black leather strap. it's pricey a bit, but perhaps with time, you will end up knowing how to mod it to accept a gen Patek Philippe leather strap, and install it, and enjoy a really wonderful watch.

20151127_123134_01_resized.jpg

20151210_094044_01_resized.jpg

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
You know what, you have the best looking PP on the entire forum and your wrist shots are always that damn good!

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
hey godfather, thanks for your input!! dont think i'll ever slap a gen strap on it cux they go for crazy prices locally.

i've seen afew 5711Gs around with bracelets actually. being in a humid country, seems like some have chosen to purchase the bracelet to swap it in, a local boutique sales rep mention its quite common here.

altho, for aftermarket options, who do i have for straps.?

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
You know what, you have the best looking PP on the entire forum and your wrist shots are always that damn good!

why thank you kind sir.. it's truly kind of you.. I think mine is like any other, just the gen pp strap takes the watch to a whole new level..

hey godfather, thanks for your input!! dont think i'll ever slap a gen strap on it cux they go for crazy prices locally.

i've seen afew 5711Gs around with bracelets actually. being in a humid country, seems like some have chosen to purchase the bracelet to swap it in, a local boutique sales rep mention its quite common here.

altho, for aftermarket options, who do i have for straps.?

chromed, you're welcome buddy.. interesting to know that the strap can be interchanged easily with the bracelet. never thought that is possible.

as for after market straps, I really have no idea where to direct you, I have never seen anyone I know on forums order an aftermarket or custom strap for a 5711. but there are few options of dealers that you can contact and ask if they would help you build one. I don't know of any unfortunately..

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
chromed, you're welcome buddy.. interesting to know that the strap can be interchanged easily with the bracelet. never thought that is possible.

as for after market straps, I really have no idea where to direct you, I have never seen anyone I know on forums order an aftermarket or custom strap for a 5711. but there are few options of dealers that you can contact and ask if they would help you build one. I don't know of any unfortunately..

i think the boutique did it for them. i check when i can the next time.

so you've been wearing it with a rep strap on? also, does the strap use inserts like AP watches to fit their unique lug style or?

anyone else? any input is well appreciated. i'm trying to look for a SW200 factory model but with asian mvmts(i heard they do have them) because it seems like the miyota factory doesnt make the 5711G?

thanks everyone!

EDIT: i think i found them on PT's & Toro's site. &there's a MK factory? BP factory? unknown SW200 factory? different grey colours!? why must these makers make it so hard!? :sulk:

SW200 factory
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_188&product_id=787

MK factory
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_188&product_id=1753

BP factory
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=102_188&product_id=1080

Deep Grey?
http://puretime.watch/product/nautilus-40mm-ss-deep-gray-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota9015/

Grey
http://puretime.watch/product/nautilus-40mm-ss-gray-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota9015/

which one is the correct one!? oh gosh!!

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
eschenpod, which version did u get.? looks like the SW200 as well! how does e donerix fit.? easily or.?

thanks!

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Mine is the A2824 version which I purchased from Marvellous Replica.
This exact watch is not listed on Marv's website, but here is a link to the same one via Puretime.
http://www.puretime.watch/product/n...-dial-on-leather-strap-11-best-edition-a2824/
As far as the Donerix strap goes, you have to remove the rep strap and send it to Eric.
He takes the metal inserts and uses them to create the new custom strap, which you install after receiving it.
I absolutely love this watch, and IMHO, the grey dial Nautilus looks best on leather.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
oh my!! they're just simply gorgeous!! thanks for the pics. which have successfully sucked me further into the 5711G world. :lol:

&thanks for the tips on the straps as well. i'll prob go with a donerix version for now.

more overkill please!! from anyone who has a grey 5711!!

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
so i received these pics frm a friend looking to sell his 5711G. looks like e final release of the older pateks before they launched the SWs, Miyotas, etc. with proper rotor shape, engraved rotor. anyone can help with identification.?

ad53f0a0668fbac4effd0c2856691210.jpg

bca595d2f2041ae15d9ca80683706a2f.jpg

might just get this to try out before shelling out for the SW. :lol:

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
so i decided to bite the bullet&get it. dont really knw how to tell if its built well. but i'm quite happy with it, honestly!

my friend was able to find out that it was bought frm toro's site with the 2638 mvmt.

here're some quick pics before i hit the sack [emoji4]

1f9fa8296f5c53edc26d195b1e8b304a.jpg

61979c11b0396817673f40ab2a45a902.jpg

2270272d400fd86933ce05726a8e5b85.jpg

5ce737e61bb905a92fd1fa4e3c5c1dd5.jpg

it has slightly better lume compared to the older non-existent lume we had like in 09 but nothing to really shout about.

i have a question tho, for the GEN, does the crystal sit flushed to the case or its slightly raised.?

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
i have a question. i assume that if i wanted to put a bracelet on this particular piece i got (5711 V4, mentioned in toro's site), i should be looking to get a bracelet made for this version, am i right? or can i buy any available bracelet?

fullhouse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/14
i have a question. i assume that if i wanted to put a bracelet on this particular piece i got (5711 V4, mentioned in toro's site), i should be looking to get a bracelet made for this version, am i right? or can i buy any available bracelet?
I thought v3 and v4 should have had the same bracelet configuration. But I might be wrong.

Anyone knows the measurement of 5711 leather strap? Trying to order a custom strap for this beast.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
I thought v3 and v4 should have had the same bracelet configuration. But I might be wrong.

Anyone knows the measurement of 5711 leather strap? Trying to order a custom strap for this beast.

i checked with toro, he mentioned they didnt make a bracelet variant for that particular version. bummer.