• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4500V by 8F and a bit of a mystery

ric88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/21
The video shows the Sellers wechat address, I contacted him and he confirmed new 8F.

Waiting for my QC pics, was despatched by factory on Friday.

I've been watching and rewatching the video since yesterday looking at the beginning of the video for the wechat address. But couldn't find it. All I see is Chinese characters. At anyrate if it is indeed an 8F then I might just get it from my TD.

Thanks.

ric88

13/11/21

GoffredoMameli

Horology Curious
19/9/21
Qc pics of the 8f 4500v.
Red light, I'm going to change. The squares on the bezel are crooked, not aligned neither centered. The cross is off.
I do must accept that no factory makes a buyable 4500v.

cpudgar

25/11/21
Qc pics of the 8f 4500v.
Red light, I'm going to change. The squares on the bezel are crooked, not aligned neither centered. The cross is off.
I do must accept that no factory makes a buyable 4500v.

Looks pretty good to me! I have 2 different 4500V’s from 2 diff factories and while none are perfect, esp. the bezel (and neither is gen’s bezel perfect if you look closely!) and the maltese cross, but trust me: seeing this beautiful watch in flesh you immediately realize how small those edges on the bezel are and the cross is so tiny that it never takes away from the overall look of the watch, which is still the most beautiful, elegant and unappreciated watch!
But on that note…to each his own and whatever floats your boat (or in this case, doesn’t) ;)

Cgentile

24/2/21
Ohh the bracelet has the quick-extend now!!? Looks like they updated it, looks great

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

GoffredoMameli

Horology Curious
19/9/21
I'm aware that a 8x pic pinpoints the flaws, but here too many and evident ones: the cross is not centered with respect to the 12 marker; the 12 and the 6 markers are misaligned; the strange color of the rotor, in the back...
In similar situations I ask myself: would I wear it? Would I feel any emotion in wearing it?
The reply is: no.
Simple.
A watch is an emotion, nothing else.
Just my opinion.

Reactions: cpudgar

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
The markers don't bother me, but that poorly defined cross does. I'd red light for that alone.
We know that 8F can make crosses like this, and earlier in this thread someone told the story of RL'ing for a blobby cross and got one with a better cross:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Here's an 8F with a white dial from this video https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Vb41137Pu
If yours doesn't look this good, RL all day.
jvQqSD.png

Last edited:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I ordered from TheOneWatches and messaged on Whatsapp today directing towards this thread to ensure that I get a good sample. They said they'll be checking before sending QC pics, so let's see what I get.

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
RL'd it on the amplitude. dial looked fine but bezel criosses a little square

Last edited:

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Yeah, amplitude is low if that's fully wound. The dial does look really good. Date looks bad in the window though, so that's something new to keep an eye on. I also see what you mean about the bezel. Would be cool if 8F could deliver one without all of these issues.