• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4500V by 8F and a bit of a mystery

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I looked for some examples to explain what I mean about case shape. The case behind the bezel should not flare out too much and be too rounded. If you draw a line from the 10, 20, 40, and 50 minute markers the case should end there. In some of the examples with bad cases it flares out almost all the way to the crown. 8F is weird because they have good and bad cases. Gen examples here:
You'll see here some various reps from different brands. The worst cases are TWF and **some**, but not all 8F. Hopefully you'll see what I mean. Some of the examples below can be found earlier in this thread, including mine. I'm pretty sure mine is the worst case shape of all. Whatever.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I looked for some examples to explain what I mean about case shape. The case behind the bezel should not flare out too much and be too rounded. If you draw a line from the 10, 20, 40, and 50 minute markers the case should end there. In some of the examples with bad cases it flares out almost all the way to the crown. 8F is weird because they have good and bad cases. Gen examples here:

I think this is the fish eye effect of the lens which is why its visible in some but not all shots. At different focal distances this effect is very common if not corrected in post production. You can test this same effect with your cellphone camera. I have an 8F on the way and plan to buy a ZF as well so will be happy to clarify if this an effect of photograph or a real thing soon enough!

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
The case shapes appear different, indeed.

8F in blue vs BP in vibrant brown vs ZF in dark brown
cfc715df14be180dde8a7a81f68df858.jpg
92b8d5d5bdb22fb8c6c45fc0bce3f03a.jpg
5744716e42ba062c65ec797eaedc6c11.jpg

Sent from my RMX1931 using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
The case shapes appear different, indeed.

8F in blue vs BP in vibrant brown vs ZF in dark brown
cfc715df14be180dde8a7a81f68df858.jpg
92b8d5d5bdb22fb8c6c45fc0bce3f03a.jpg
5744716e42ba062c65ec797eaedc6c11.jpg

In the bottom shot the lighting is such that the polished flanks are in shadow, to such an extent you cannot even see them above a few mm from the bottom. In the one above, the lighting is such that they are reflecting brightly all the way up. They are at different focal distances as well. These two photos cannot be compared.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
Mine showed up today. It's much better than the pics. The case shape isn't really noticeable in hand. This is one of those things that gets blown out of proportion in pictures. The blue dial is really gorgeous. My only complaint is that it's so much thicker than my XF 2000V. Obviously this isn't an 8F problem because this is the same thing with gen. I'm only going to keep one of the 2, so I'm keeping the plastic on the 8F for now in case I decide that the 2000V is the keeper. It's a tough decision... I really love this dial. I don't have a ZF to compare it to, but I can't imagine that it could be much better. This rep looks and feels great. Very premium.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Mine showed up today. It's much better than the pics. The case shape isn't really noticeable in hand. This is one of those things that gets blown out of proportion in pictures. The blue dial is really gorgeous. My only complaint is that it's so much thicker than my XF 2000V. Obviously this isn't an 8F problem because this is the same thing with gen. I'm only going to keep one of the 2, so I'm keeping the plastic on the 8F for now in case I decide that the 2000V is the keeper. It's a tough decision... I really love this dial. I don't have a ZF to compare it to, but I can't imagine that it could be much better. This rep looks and feels great. Very premium.

Just keep them both. I plan to! Totally different watches. Does the 2000V bracelet fit the 8F out of interest?

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16

Happy with cross and dial but bezel not great
This more rounded turtle back like shape body with a good cross looks like the one by BP.

Based on several TD sites, 8F made pieces look to have a more gen like body and a terrible cross.

Of all the pictures in this thread, I am yet to see an 8F piece with a gen like body and a good cross.

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Interestingly, 8F 2000V pics on TD sites show a good cross. Only 4500V has a bad one.

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
This more rounded turtle back like shape body with a good cross looks like the one by BP.

Based on several TD sites, 8F made pieces look to have a more gen like body and a terrible cross.

Of all the pictures in this thread, I am yet to see an 8F piece with a gen like body and a good cross.

Its the 8f.

Sent from the RWI App

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Easy. I asked my guy fr the 8f.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

You know guys at 8F? That is great.

I am interested to get the 47040 model by 8F. But all the pictures show that it has a blob cross. Other than that, it looks to be a pretty good piece. Perhaps your friend could give some feedback on the watch quality especially the cross.

Andy83n

Patron
1/3/20
Jersey
I haven't worn mine since I bought a Swatch x Omega "Speedmaster". May offer it for sale if I don't start wearing it soon

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Meicmo84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
Asia
You know guys at 8F? That is great.

I am interested to get the 47040 model by 8F. But all the pictures show that it has a blob cross. Other than that, it looks to be a pretty good piece. Perhaps your friend could give some feedback on the watch quality especially the cross.

Just got the 47070 by MKS. It’s good. Bracelet is not as good as XF but overall a nice piece. My TD recommended MKS over 8F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
Just got the 47070 by MKS. It’s good. Bracelet is not as good as XF but overall a nice piece. My TD recommended MKS over 8F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh this is fantastic. I didn't know MKS is still making 47070. Do you mind sharing what you know of other the flaws? Or even some pictures when you get a chance, please?

Is the cross good?

And how much did you pay for it?