• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm SO on SS?

ColPanic

17/11/13
I just ordered my first ever breitling rep. I really wanted the 44mm SO on SS but it was sold out everywhere so I settled for the 42 on rubber. Does anyone know if I can buy a SS bracelet for it? Has that size even been repped? I've only seen it on rubber.

enysa7uv.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
I own this same 42mm Abyss with the blue rehaut.
A while back I bought a rep Pro II brushed stainless steel bracelet from another member.
It was 22mm but I shaved down the ends with sandpaper 2mm to fit the 20mm lugs.
I also whittled down a 22mm Ocean Racer rubber strap to fit the watch.
Just today in the mail I received a black Brady sailcloth strap with steel stitching to pair with an RHD deployant.
Looks lovely and fits perfectly.
I will try and post some photos of all three setups when I get a chance.
Great watch by the way with fantastic AR and superlume.
Enjoy and best of luck with your search.

MBevans

Known Member
20/12/12
I recently bought the same watch. Great lume, keeps perfect time, while I have bought 8 different reps in the last 2 years this is the best so far. Has a nice feel, solid piece.
I'm liking the rubber band, might invest in a Breitling rubber band, or one of the sport bands I've seen for this model.
Like this watch!

austriamike

Known Member
14/4/13
i think the treadstarter would like to know if there is a rep steel bracelet for the 42 Abyss available.
I'm also intersted in such a bracelet, but where can it be purchased?

regards

eyeguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/09
I own this same 42mm Abyss with the blue rehaut.
A while back I bought a rep Pro II brushed stainless steel bracelet from another member.
It was 22mm but I shaved down the ends with sandpaper 2mm to fit the 20mm lugs.
I also whittled down a 22mm Ocean Racer rubber strap to fit the watch.
Just today in the mail I received a black Brady sailcloth strap with steel stitching to pair with an RHD deployant.
Looks lovely and fits perfectly.
I will try and post some photos of all three setups when I get a chance.
Great watch by the way with fantastic AR and superlume.
Enjoy and best of luck with your search.
Hi I have the 42 abyss also and I have an extra steelfish bracelet. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, sanding from 22mm to 20, but wasn't sure how it would look or function. If its not too much trouble, could you please post a picture with the abyss on steel? What is the best way to sand it? Thanks

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12

Start with 50 grit sandpaper - have patience and sand away.

When you are getting close to having shaved enough off, switch to 150 grit for a touch, then finish off with a fine grade like 400 or so.

Cape Cod polish to complete.

Hope this helps.

D

d4m.test

Hi, these are really great, love mine. The only place I saw Breitling-type aftermarket SS bracelets without spending a fortune was on strappedfortime and they do fit Br. perfectly - not sure about the Abyss - but if You find something and give it a try, just tell please.

eyeguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/09
Thank you so much for posting that, it looks great! I will get started on mine tonight!

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
Yes eyeguy, it certainly does look great on the SS bracelet.

Out of the Ocean Racer rubber, Brady sailcloth, and Pro II bracelet, this setup looks the best to me.

I was worried that it would look too similar to my 44mm Superocean Abyss with yellow accents on bracelet - that is why I really wanted to put this watch on rubber or sailcloth and like it better.

At the end of the day, I think it looks best on bracelet, is different enough from my 44mm version, and this is how I will keep it.

Please post pictures and let us know how your sanding goes.