• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO or 45mm PO

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I 'd say 42mm any day of the week.

By the way, people say a new, improved, 42mm PO is incoming.
No proof, just by hearsay... but if you're not in a hurry then wait till june.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Can/did you post pics of this 42.5mm PO with correct HEV position? I'm sure plenty of us would like to see this.

tangle........Pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

Shadow88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/10
42.....the 45 is friggin' huge for all but the biggest of dudes... I tried the 45 on at the Munich airport and it was way too much for my little wrist. It's really a big damn watch. I have a Tag Heuer Link Auto chrono and it's 42, and after trying on that Planet Ocean 45, I now know that 42mm is as big as I am able to wear realistically. I'd go to a dealer and try 'em on and see for yourself....

onlytheone

8/4/10
Thanks everyone for the sound advice. I think I am going to go with a Fakey 42mm!

tangle

5/8/09
UK
q5... I hear you, I've got 4 watches to photograph, the light tent is up and ready for me, just time is an issue. It will be soon, I got a good chopard and put on a really great rubber stap and deployant. I so want to share some photos of that one.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
i'm going through the same thing. Issue is, do I want a watch that looks nice, or do I want one that looks nice and says I'M WEARING A WATCH. ITS ON MY WRIST. LOOK AT IT AND I DARE TO TO TELL ME IT'S NOT REAL. Yeah. So, still figuring that one out. However, thanks to the Dr. for the comp pics. it'll help.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
For me I think having the 42 on steel and 45 on rubber is a nice combo.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
+1 Fakey 42 PO. I've been sporting mine for 43 days straight now lol. It's sexalicious.

stew007

11/5/10
Personally i'd go for the 46, fan of big watches but i'd be happy with either, 42 i'd still class as big.

my 7" wrist with a 46mm navi
watch1r.jpg

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
For me I think having the 42 on steel and 45 on rubber is a nice combo.
You know, that occurred to me overnight. Way to take 1 watch purchase and turn it into 2!

I have a PAM homage that's about 45, and that's certainly a "look at my wrist" kinda watch. I'm leaning towards the 42, but not gotta decide SS vs Rubber. Maybe it'll replace my current weekend beater.

(Update: Measured my ML Gen which has a nice big face, and my Herc (PAM homage).
When I take the plunge, I'll go w/ the 42mm PO and leave the "big" status to the Herc.)

However, is it possible to get a 42 w/ orange numbers and black bezel?

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Yes, I know I was the last post here, but this deserves a separate post: was at a party outside of Philly tonight. Some of my sisters pretentious friends were there (one had a white Rollie Daytona - my son was impressed that I knew. Another guy had a Rollie - this guy is OK, but a bunch of them look alike so I don't know if it was a Sub or DSSD -but I'm leaning towards the latter), but most had watches on SS bands. That sealed it. I'm going with rubber, don't wanna be like them. 42mm.

Going to wait for my Glashutte Sixties to arrive first though, before I drop more cash.:thinking:

stcinc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/10
Dr.verylong ---- THANK YOU very much for the picture you posted! It is nice to be able to compare the PO's against each other ~~~ I'm going to go with the 45 after viewing it against the 42.

Sean

bus_ter

9/7/09
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but there is no 42mm 'UPO'.

The 45mm UPO is an amazing Rep, probably one of the best reps of any watch period. It's virtually a perfect replica to the orginal.

There are 42mm PO's about, but they've all got obvious flaws. (helium valve position, size of the crown, etc). They're still very good reps (the PO is a simple enough watch to copy), but a trained eye will spot them as reps straight away. The UPO requires close inspection.

There have been rumours of a new 42mm rep that is as good as a UPO, but it's now nearly August and so far it's just that, a rumour.

So anyway, my point is, if you want the best Rep you have to go for the 45mm variant.

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
I was at that 'almost' same crossroads that week.... I had the option to mod a 42mm PO but I was waiting on my UPO 45mm to come as well.

While the 42mm fit nicely on my wrist, 45mm was more at home for me... funny thing too, the circumference of my wrist is just a notch or two boave 6.5" but it's not about the circumeference... My wrist is wide and can accommodate the 45mm. The lugs sit just right before my wrist ends/drops off.

And also its about how you feel about it and how you think it looks on you. Got any members in your area that have the 42 or 45? try one on!

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
the UPO 45mm its the best replica ever!!!!!!!amazing!!!!!!!!!!

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Some guys post these amazing reviews noting the font of a particular number on a datewheel, the He valve position, or a subtle engraving issue of a rep, and they're very helpful as we set out to buy a particluar kind. But I'm curious, have any of you guys causally glanced at somebody wearing one of the popular brands in the street and known if it was a gen or rep? Again, just a quick poll, no agenda.

bus_ter

9/7/09
Some guys post these amazing reviews noting the font of a particular number on a datewheel, the He valve position, or a subtle engraving issue of a rep, and they're very helpful as we set out to buy a particluar kind. But I'm curious, have any of you guys causally glanced at somebody wearing one of the popular brands in the street and known if it was a gen or rep? Again, just a quick poll, no agenda.

I can spot a poor Rep Submariner quite quickly, but that's only because I own lots of them and know all their flaws. Most are young people with poor reps, I'm guessing they have been picked up cheap on holiday or something?

As for PO's its hard to tell. I can spot the 42mm with the oversize crowns, but the 45mms would require close examination to spot.