• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

40 Years..Where did they go?

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
On this day… 08 Jul 1997
Rainer Ptacek's tribute album 'The Inner Flame' was released

Today sees the 1997 release date of Rainer Ptacek's tribute album, 'The Inner Flame' and I played on the track ‘Rude World’, with an interesting use of a digitech Whammy pedal with Robert on vocal, Charlie Jones on bass, Phil Andrews on keyboards / sandwiches and Michael Lee on drums. I really felt that people might have thought this a cool direction, I did.
[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlHhLUqrb8[/AME]

01080797.jpg

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
This thread is still going huh..........good on you Zo. :)

Missed you buddy.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
P!!!......Great so to see you my friend!!!
respect-059.GIF

Now that no-one's looking.
love-154.GIF

SF..........I've been busy trying to get to you by PM but it wont go through. I think my storage if full.

Anyway, I've missed you my friend and look forward to catching up in due course. This place sure has got busy since I last posted.......I feel like a noob again.

love-154.GIF

I don't care who's looking.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
SF..........I've been busy trying to get to you by PM but it wont go through. I think my storage if full.

Anyway, I've missed you my friend and look forward to catching up in due course. This place sure has got busy since I last posted.......I feel like a noob again.

love-154.GIF

I don't care who's looking.

When you're able to return will be a day to rejoice by all!!!
party-049.GIF

Yup......she's certainly grown......lot's of new "faces" but the old ones are still here.
happy-111.GIF

love-138.GIF

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
B! Miss ya buddy. Things are moving along for me. Hope you are well...

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
You know I luv ya SF...Not butt luv...that can make ya sick.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
15 Jul 2010
I was interviewed by Duane Eddy for BBC Radio 2

Today I went to the BBC Studios in West London, where they had prepared a link up with Duane Eddy in Nashville for a radio programme. Duane was hosting a tribute programme to Les Paul and we discussed the massive pioneering contribution that Les had presented to the world with his composition, recording and playing techniques. As Les had had a coast to coast television programme in the states; The Les Paul & Mary Ford Show between the years of 1954-1955, I think it is without a doubt that his music inspired a legion of guitarists that would become major influences themselves on the early rock and rockabilly scene emerging at that time. Duane Eddy himself twanged the thang in the late 50's and the 60's and you can hear his character sound in more recent music. He has just released a new album, let's wish him all the best.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
2230785.png

23 Jul 1985
The Firm played Meadowlands with Les Paul

During ‘The Firm’ tour, we were due to play at Meadowlands, New Jersey. I’d hooked up again with Les Paul in New York, and was really keen to introduce him onstage and establish what a tremendous influence he had been on myself and a whole playing and recording generation. Les accepted the invitation and on that evening, surprised me by saying that he had a small investment in Meadowlands going back some years.

Dokk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/13
WA
Just clicking on threads to see what's up and found this one. As soon as I did, I popped a beer and started reading. Had to stop on Page (no pun) 15, cuz too many beers, but came to end to subscribe.

My story:
Went to see page in Oakland, California when he played with Clapton and
later...cant remember right now bbeers.

Dokk

21/8/13
WA
Sorry, had to check my albums and osmo-regulate as well.
Ok, Jeff Beck.
So all three are playing, then they each come out do something solo.
Jimmy was trying to get to an area on stage where he could be seen the best. I was sitting to the right and kind of behind the stage sort of like at 9 or 10 oclock of a round stage, with 6 oclock to the front. I remember thinking" cmon Jimmy, try to get more right so we can see you better", and after about two minutes of trying, he turned around...I swear...and looked right at me and shook his head and shrugged that he couldn't!!! He was about I'd say 20 yards from me though, so I could see ok. Unfortunatel, he was so waste dat the time (this was about 1980-1984 sometime cant remember, and so was I actually. Jeff beck kicked ass. Clapton was, meh, zo so.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Just clicking on threads to see what's up and found this one. As soon as I did, I popped a beer and started reading. Had to stop on Page (no pun) 15, cuz too many beers, but came to end to subscribe.

My story:
Went to see page in Oakland, California when he played with Clapton and
later...cant remember right now bbeers.

There is a ton of info in this thread thanks to Mr Z, he is the expert on all things Zep....btw I like the statement in your av :D:

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
The concert you are referring too is The Arms tour...Benefit concerts for Ronnie Lane. Jimmy was smacked out and still the best player on the stage.

Dokk

21/8/13
WA
Had to get some Lez Zeppelin on youtube...not bad!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
The other day I downloaded their entire catalogue.

Walked the dog to LZ1 that day.

Holy hell these guys were freaks!

Their sheer musicality was so ahead of the pack - not that there weren't other great innovators. In fact it was a time of great new music with Uriah heep, Yes and Bowie - but LZ created sound and lyrics so advanced, all at a time when Sugar Sugar was number one!

Bloody awesome. Here's to the freaks and oddities - you know who you are so better than us sheep

:D

Here boy! LZ 2 awaits!

rol_man

Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Had to check up on the thread, good to see it's still alive!