• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Interesting

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Even a fool is considered wise when he keeps silent .... Proverbs 17:28. :D

Reactions: Nivka

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
3k have the end links too long on the bracelet. They extend beyond the lugs whereas gen doesn’t. A shame as I was about to buy this one! Hands dont match either. I’ll wait for the v3!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: snorky1

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Just ordered the 3K, will post once received as I don't see any wrist shots here ????

This we’re all waiting QC, we picked the wrong time to order when it’s CNY so unlikely we will get QC before 10th Feb I reckon!!

DC

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Discussed flaws aside, that's a really nice looking watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Calibre16

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
On mine date change starts at 23h15. It changes slowly and instant flips at 23h55

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

That's actually not bad IMO. It could've been worse. The gen starts 10 min before and instant flip at 00.00. Great looking watch. Wear it in good health mate.

Reactions: Rel

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
jvevermind looks great!
that date font does not look bad at all. gen is slightly bolder but we go to ask ourselves if its worth the effort to mod when it looks so good OTB

Reactions: Rel and gilrob

athreectwelve

Looking Around
19/1/20
This we’re all waiting QC, we picked the wrong time to order when it’s CNY so unlikely we will get QC before 10th Feb I reckon!!

DC
That's right I forgot about that. TD didn't give me a heads up! Should've known...

jvevermind

6/3/17
Yes you can mate :) look at the engravings on the balance cock. And then look at the rest. Clear difference in deepness and color.
You can see but most of the time you are not going to mention about the printed movement from a wrist distance as the words are too small

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19

Beside the fact that I see the lume too green, but maybe it's only cause of the pic....can you let us know if this is really worth more than a ZF in terms of quality built? I mean, both movement are tell, the Miyota and this one too cause of its finish and lack of engraving.....Ok, there's no 5 flaw..but the main differences? quality built? bracelet? clasp?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel

jvevermind

6/3/17

Beside the fact that I see the lume too green, but maybe it's only cause of the pic....can you let us know if this is really worth more than a ZF in terms of quality built? I mean, both movement are tell, the Miyota and this one too cause of its finish and lack of engraving.....Ok, there's no 5 flaw..but the main differences? quality built? bracelet? clasp?
Okay. I will say like this. Ive never handled a ZF before so i cant compare about the quality wise. But the finishing of the movement is stunning and its surely better than ZF and PPF. The thickness is thin at 8.2mm. The strap surely doesnt have the best quality but it is not bad.
DW seems to be thinner than gen. Never handled a gen so im not sure about that
Sunburst is beautiful. Compare with pictures on internet it looks really gen like

jvevermind

6/3/17
Looks awesome buddy. Can’t wait for mine now, god damn it I hate CNY lol!!

Is there any rotor noise?!

DC
Thank you pal. I placed the order with PC and it tooks 5 days since i made the payment til i received the watch

Reactions: jm_brc_7057