• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
I bought a RG santos medium by 3kf but it didn’t seem to have a screw down crown. Is this expected? It want something I played with when handling the gen

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I bought a RG santos medium by 3kf but it didn’t seem to have a screw down crown. Is this expected? It want something I played with when handling the gen
The gen Santos doesn't have a screwdown crown either. Curious on how you find the 3KF Medium. Do all the bracelet functions (quick change endlinks AND sizing pins) work? Of course at 1/15th the price I dont expect it to be identical in feel but is the overall bracelet quality comparable to the gen?

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
I haven't handled a gen in a while and didn't have a rep last time to look out for specific things.
I think aesthetically it looks pretty much identifcal (minus the second hand flaw).
The quick bracelet and link change mechanisms work - I was able to resize the bracelet without needing any tools. The quick release bracelet felt a bit stiff though.
The rose gold colour is a bit darker vs my gen santos dumont.
It does feel quite light though - I don't have a scale but I'd estimate 110g. Don't have a scale atm but will weigh it when I get a chance.

Reactions: bigtiddygothgf

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Hont has posted on Telegram newly realeased models from BVF

HB749L.jpeg

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Seems to be just some aesthetic reflections of the polished bezel. Nothing wrong there.

Reactions: Buythedip

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
Yep and these are only renders so not exactly how they look in real life
I understand that, fully. As stated by @leo6929 I suspect it is a reflection from the device which took the photo. But, everyone’s primary aim is to find a rep which is as close to the “real life” version as possible. If the factory had got the bezel that wrong, there would be very few buyers.

Reactions: LeBron and leo6929

whatwatches

Looking Around
19/3/23
United States
Would anyone be so kind to help me with this QC?
I think the second hand may be too large
Any noticeable flaws?

Reactions: LeBron

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Colour comparison between 3kf santos and gen dumont. Pretty close but a tiny bit darker.

3kf feels cheap and rattley vs gen SS santos. Haven’t handled GF or BVF

Reactions: LeBron and nicmend

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy

I was wondering how good dial is on this model? On gen it looks like more brushed metal, while on rep it look like flat grey or black. I never seen this model in person, only on pictures so I'm not sure about it. Thanks for help!

Any pictures in hand of these? I'm between this and the all black one but this would me my favorite.

Also I don't know which between GF and BVF.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Go for the GF and ask etashazam for a correct date wheel for replacement ;)

jz001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/18
Hi all, I am curious about the MIYOTA 9015 - is it very loud?

I have the older Santos 100 model with an Asian 2824-2 movement which at that time was far superior but it seems only the MIYOA 9015 is being used for the newer Santos. Would like to set my expectations before purchasing.

Thanks for the help

JohnnyBlack

Supporter
Certified
9/9/22
Any pictures in hand of these? I'm between this and the all black one but this would me my favorite.

Also I don't know which between GF and BVF.
I got this GF version. I'm very pleased with with watch overall. Later I got original dial from ebay for around, but I don't see any real difference between them, which got me to think I got rep dial from ebay.

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11
I have just had one delivered but can’t figure out how to size the strap? Are there any guides anywhere ?

jz001

24/7/18
came across a brand new version I have not heard of before. A TD is carrying a black dial vesion from - HTB factory.

Cant find anything on this version. Anyone know anything about it?

Reactions: LeBron