• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2015 KH 16622 Dial First Look

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Really? You have a picture, or the watch?

I have the watch incoming as I'm planning on eventually building a blue YM franken.
But pics are here.
28ul0k5.jpg

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The case on that looks ok. How's the crown position? Rarely have I ever seen a gen YM bezel or an assembly for sale. When they do it's stupid expensive.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The case on that looks ok. How's the crown position? Rarely have I ever seen a gen YM bezel or an assembly for sale. When they do it's stupid expensive.

Got lucky for my 16622 build. Scored a full gen bezel assembly, was expensive as shit though.
Crown position seems okay.. Thing that puts me off a bit is the crownguards ain't perfectly u shaped as on the gen but I gotta see how much this flaw stands out to me..

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I'd just go for the TC case set then. Sell off the parts you don't need to offset the cost. TC's crown guards are pretty good, and has the high crown position too. If you've got the gen bezel assembly then may as well go all out, right? Nice score on that btw. Rare as hens teeth.... What's the damage for that if you don't mind me asking? Just picked up a gen GMT assembly for $500 in mint condition. Deals are out there if your patient.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I'd just go for the TC case set then. Sell off the parts you don't need to offset the cost. TC's crown guards are pretty good, and has the high crown position too. If you've got the gen bezel assembly then may as well go all out, right? Nice score on that btw. Rare as hens teeth.... What's the damage for that if you don't mind me asking? Just picked up a gen GMT assembly for $500 in mint condition. Deals are out there if your patient.

That's the thing though mate. I want to build to be based on a modern sports model so has to be rehaut case.. As for itself the case would be perfect, might just want to get the correct U shape done by someone who's good with metals and stuff.

The gen bezel assembly is mounted on my superfranken 16622 build, won't take it off.
Damage in my pocket at that time was something around 1300€ wich is ~1.4k$.

Thats the thing with all things you search, patience is the key to sucess! :)

B&E355

9/2/15
I don't even particularly LIKE the YM, and yet now I want one purely just because of that dial.

Amazing.

jasontang

28/4/14
Am I the first? I got the TC YM today... Wow.. It's amazing...will post pictures soon!

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Wow. I'm in shock. When did you pay...date. maybe TC is ahead. That would be pretty awesome

Sent from: Motogp Paddock

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
In the past, hasn't TC taken photos and reviewed the first batch of his watches for his website before sending them out?

Obviously, I wasn't refering to TCs post but to Jasons he has apparantly recieved his new TCYM today..

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
Obviously, I wasn't refering to TCs post but to Jasons he has apparantly recieved his new TCYM today..

Right, and I'm saying that that's odd since TC usually posts a picture review of his first batch sending it out.

Meaning he usually uploads pictures of the finished watch before someone receives the first copy.

Right?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Right, and I'm saying that that's odd since TC usually posts a picture review of his first batch sending it out.

Meaning he usually uploads pictures of the finished watch before someone receives the first copy.

Right?

Oh, well I misunderstood that, sorry. I'm not to sure..

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
Oh, well I misunderstood that, sorry. I'm not to sure..

Don't worry about it, this is a tense situation.

We'll find out if that's changed if a picture gets up here before TCs website.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Don't worry about it, this is a tense situation.

We'll find out if that's changed if a picture gets up here before TCs website.

Also if anyone wants comparisions of Gen vs KH 16622 dial, send me your new TC Yachtie! :wave: