• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116613lb VSF or clean factory?

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
ZJxqBn.png

Which is warm dark and rich yellow colour? 24k or 14k?

14k looks like brass trumpet.

Even though you went all the way to 24k vs 14k, you proved my point exactly.
The higher the karat, the more yellow = brighter.
The 14k is warmer. Which is why most gold that people tend to wear 14k, because it less bright and less harsh.

As I said before, these are not my words.
Check this article out - towards the middle is a chart.
Same words used: 18k brighter. 14k warmer.
https://www.valeriemadison.com/blogs...4k-vs-18k-gold

It's a difference of opinion, but one that seems to be industry standard.
18k_Yellow_Gold_Vs_14k_Yellow_Gold-1_600x600.jpg

18k is brighter.
14k is warmer.
24k is brightest of all. Most yellow.

Be it clothing, furniture, etc.... Brass is considered a warm color. Yellow is considered a vibrant color.

It is what it is.

This is a thread about VSF vs Clean 116613lb.
Let's not stray the thread more than we have.

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Just another little pointing out: you’re talking like ALL 18k gold have the very same composition.

Fun fact: it’s not. All it needs to be classified as 18k gold is having 75.01% of Au into the alloy, and the resulting color depends largely by which metals are being used into the remaining 24.99%.

You can actually make a super light yellow 18k gold alloy without a single issue just by increasing the Rh/Pd %.

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Even though you went all the way to 24k vs 14k, you proved my point exactly.
The higher the karat, the more yellow = brighter.
The 14k is warmer. Which is why most gold that people tend to wear 14k, because it less bright and less harsh.

As I said before, these are not my words.
Check this article out - towards the middle is a chart.
Same words used: 18k brighter. 14k warmer.
https://www.valeriemadison.com/blogs...4k-vs-18k-gold

It's a difference of opinion, but one that seems to be industry standard.
18k_Yellow_Gold_Vs_14k_Yellow_Gold-1_600x600.jpg

18k is brighter.
14k is warmer.
24k is brightest of all. Most yellow.

Be it clothing, furniture, etc.... Brass is considered a warm color. Yellow is considered a vibrant color.

It is what it is.

This is a thread about VSF vs Clean 116613lb.
Let's not stray the thread more than we have.

Again you post information from a jewelry sales website. I literally just explained a post before why they say what they say.

Think about it.... You have 24k gold like posted in the picture above. Pure gold 99.9%. it's warm, rich Dark yellow. The darkest richest yellow you can get on gold. 24 parts gold. How can something 14k resemble the warmth and rich dark yellow that is 24k more so than 18k???
The reason why 18k is so popular is because it's closer to the rich warmth of pure gold but still strong enough to wear on a daily basis. Pure gold I can scratch off with my finger nail, too soft.

10k and 14k is popular as well, more so in NA but definitely not for its colour. It's popular because it's cheaper. If you read or hear from a jeweler that 10 or 14k is popular because of its colour then it's a pure BS sale tactic.

The 10k and 14k are bright pale yellows and not a rich look. The gold content is not strong enough. Too many other metals mixed in. Also stop with the copper crap. Little bit of copper gives it a pink colour. Not red. You would need atleast 60% copper to achieve red.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Just another little pointing out: you’re talking like ALL 18k gold have the very same composition.

Fun fact: it’s not. All it needs to be classified as 18k gold is having 75.01% of Au into the alloy, and the resulting color depends largely by which metals are being used into the remaining 24.99%.

You can actually make a super light yellow 18k gold alloy without a single issue just by increasing the Rh/Pd %.

That's my point, the more elements mixed in the more you lose the rich warmth of 24k. That's why when diamonds says 14k is more warm than 18k it's pure nonsense.

Increasing the Pd and Rh will get you white gold 18k . Rolex has 17.37% Pd in its WG Daytona. No Rh though.

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
That's my point, the more elements mixed in the more you lose the rich warmth of 24k. That's why when diamonds says 14k is more warm than 18k it's pure nonsense.

Increasing the Pd and Rh will get you white gold 18k . Rolex has 17.37% Pd in its WG Daytona. No Rh though.

Nope.
As per their registered patent, their white gold is composed as follow:

Au 75.01%
Pd 19-23.5%
Zr/Nb 1.5-4.9%
Pt 2.4%
Re 20-60 PPM

They obviously doesn’t tell the exact %, but those are the ranges.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Nope.
As per their registered patent, their white gold is composed as follow:

Au 75.01%
Pd 19-23.5%
Zr/Nb 1.5-4.9%
Pt 2.4%
Re 20-60 PPM

They obviously doesn’t tell the exact %, but those are the ranges.

On my XRF test I got 71.12 Au ... 4.33 Ag..... 17.37 Pd..... 0.39 Zinc and 6.8% copper. Unless that was the RG link. The RG was vintage link I recall. The WG I believe early 2000s.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
repreg123 Thank you so much for sharing your pics man.
The photo whith two bracelets where is plated and one still stock is brilliant. Small difference and a really important one to me. Massively improved your watch!! wow.

Reactions: repreg123

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
Is there any thread regarding the ARF v3 and VSF ? Can´t find which one to chose and comparison between both