• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN - down to VSF and ZZF v3. Ultimate winner?

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
^ OK all the power to you my man. I'm not going to go into that level of analysis nor do I care to be quite honest. If I cant tell with my naked eyes or I cant see the difference in side by sides I'm more than happy with a $400 rep. All I know is the VSF/ZZFv3 bezels look 1000x better than the Noob ones I used to buy. I think I've had Noob v3 all the way up to v8 and all of them where shit - then I just stopped buying them because all Noob were doing is releasing a tiny update and stuffing up something else and charging extra for really nothing.

Anyway if you do get into this level of analysis you will 100% see a difference. Same with my recent car respray that I had to get done from an accident. Its barely noticeable but there is a difference IF you know where to look and what to look for. From 3 feet away that difference disappears and thats on the entire side panel of a car. For a watch thats 40mm honestly I dont think it matters to this level.

As long as it looks good and its 90%+ to gen when its side by side you wont get much better from China.

So we should try to spray paint the insert to match gen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YellowFin

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So we should try to spray paint the insert to match gen?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL if you want.

On another note how long is everyone waiting for their QC? Its been 7 days still no QC.

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
LOL if you want.

On another note how long is everyone waiting for their QC? Its been 7 days still no QC.

Stock was not that high for LV, the more you wait the higher the chances are that you will get a watch from the new batch, same applies to the LN I would say. For me it took 2 days after payment.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
^ OK all the power to you my man. I'm not going to go into that level of analysis nor do I care to be quite honest. If I cant tell with my naked eyes or I cant see the difference in side by sides I'm more than happy with a $400 rep. All I know is the VSF/ZZFv3 bezels look 1000x better than the Noob ones I used to buy. I think I've had Noob v3 all the way up to v8 and all of them where shit - then I just stopped buying them because all Noob were doing is releasing a tiny update and stuffing up something else and charging extra for really nothing.

Anyway if you do get into this level of analysis you will 100% see a difference. Same with my recent car respray that I had to get done from an accident. Its barely noticeable but there is a difference IF you know where to look and what to look for. From 3 feet away that difference disappears and thats on the entire side panel of a car. For a watch thats 40mm honestly I dont think it matters to this level.

As long as it looks good and its 90%+ to gen when its side by side you wont get much better from China.

LOL. you should have seen the shit storm I created with the garage over a re-spray to my car after an accident repair.

To the real point. I am delighted with the VSF. For me it is wearable. I could not say that about the ZZFv2 which still looked like a fake to me.

The LV colour is quirky - and it always will be. I understand why it's hard to match and they may not get much better than this.

On the other hand, the VSF LN will be pretty much indistinguishable - as stock - unless you break out a loup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Subdued

20/11/19
The comment above me is true. Comparing a newly arrived insert from old ones are bullshit :)

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
The green colour is for our eyes the only colour where we can see many differences between green and green :D

it’s i humans nature thats why a Rep will never be the same as the original LV.

Black is black but I saw the genuine one live and photos or sensors cannot take a shot of what our eyes can analyse that’s the truth .

Anyway for 500 dollars on the street nobody will spot it, genuine owners maybe but probably you’ll never find a genuine one beside you but when it happens it’s easy to spot like it happened to me when I compared with my friends genuine LV. I never thought that it’s such a huge difference between green and green :D

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Tete

davegreg23

Horology Curious
20/11/20
Both Subs look great at provided QC pics but do we have a clear winner here - ZZF v3 or VSF??? I have never bought rep watch and all my watches are gen but after seeing those great looking reps. I am on the waiting list for "no date" Sub but it has been over 1 year and still no luck. If Rolex does not want to take my money I guess I should get a Rep :) I always like Sub"not date" more since i am not a big fan of cyclops but there is not choice since only ZZF provides this model. What I do not like about ZZF is yellowish pearl and those CG are a bit off. I do not really know which one to get - ZZF v3 "no date" or VSF date..? Help guys please :)

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I would clearly tend towards VSF. It does almost everything right and only allows itself very small mistakes.

As already written in other topics - somehow you feel as if one had a genuine Rolex on your arm!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Here's my VSF with ARF bracelet...luckily the bracelet was a direct swap with great SEL fit!!!
The fit n finish of the watch is superb...feels very Gen like. Anyone having a debate between VSF n ZZF, you can easily go either route, they both are fantastic reps.

V569m0.jpg

Reactions: Substar

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here's my VSF with ARF bracelet...luckily the bracelet was a direct swap with great SEL fit!!!
The fit n finish of the watch is superb...feels very Gen like. Anyone having a debate between VSF n ZZF, you can easily go either route, they both are fantastic reps.

V569m0.jpg

I'm surprised you put an ARF bracelet on it. My ARF Sub bracelet had rough edges on the side links and a clasp that was 9/10. The VSF LV I have has a gen like soft smooth bracelet with no rough edges and claps is 10/10.
It has been debated there are in fact 2 versions of bracelets on VSF Submariner watches, (one has plastic sliders, the other has metal, all proven with pics).. I guess it's luck which one you get? I'm due to receive a VSF LN in a next 48hrs and i'll update.
If you feel your ARF bracelet was better then there certainly are 2 VSF bracelets (maybe 2 ARF's too!).. or just general inconsistency with bracelet quality (made on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon..) across the same range or reps.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
I'm surprised you put an ARF bracelet on it. My ARF Sub bracelet had rough edges on the side links and a clasp that was 9/10. The VSF LV I have has a gen like soft smooth bracelet with no rough edges and claps is 10/10.
It has been debated there are in fact 2 versions of bracelets on VSF Submariner watches, (one has plastic sliders, the other has metal, all proven with pics).. I guess it's luck which one you get? I'm due to receive a VSF LN in a next 48hrs and i'll update.
If you feel your ARF bracelet was better then there certainly are 2 VSF bracelets (maybe 2 ARF's too!).. or just general inconsistency with bracelet quality (made on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon..) across the same range or reps.

I didn't use the VSF bracelet due to the first link after SEL not bending completely, although I felt the quality was good and also the VSF clasp was great. I didn't use ARF instead of VSF due to quality difference, it was just that I didn't have to peel and adjust the VSF bracelet....lol...me just being lazy:)
VSF bracelet is good on its own...cheers!!!

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Not every time works it's a matter of luck tbh, somewhere alone the way ARF bracelet changed a bit. Some guys on reddit also tried changing to ARF bracelet and it didn't work.

If I remember correctly Smoke said the same early ones fit gen and later ones won't.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
If I remember correctly Smoke said the same early ones fit gen and later ones won't.

may be that's true as mine ARF bracelet is also one of the earlier ones...and it also fits the Gen as well as all the Gen spec cases perfectly:)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
What really drives me nuts on the ZF/ZZF is the dimple in the middle where the hands are it drives me nuts i did look at different ZF/ZZF (v3) videos and i saw it in on every video. The worst problem is some Gens have it too so they just copied that from the Gen Counterpart. Same with VSF copying the green/blue tint of the cyclops its so stupid sometimes i really ask myself if the factorys just can't see the flaws... The only dial i didn't saw the flaw was VSF and ZZF v3 no date.

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
What really drives me nuts on the ZF/ZZF is the dimple in the middle where the hands are it drives me nuts i did look at different ZF/ZZF (v3) videos and i saw it in on every video. The worst problem is some Gens have it too so they just copied that from the Gen Counterpart. Same with VSF copying the green/blue tint of the cyclops its so stupid sometimes i really ask myself if the factorys just can't see the flaws... The only dial i didn't saw the flaw was VSF and ZZF v3 no date.
AR has a tint. Always. Google how it's done and you will understand. There is no clear AR

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk