• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

MrButterfield

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
8/12/14
As many have pointed out the bezel spin is less than ideal in feeling, not genlike, should one ideally not use it at all? I wouldn't want for it to fall off if there is a risk.
Maybe it’s only me, but the only time I’ve rotated my bezel is when the watch first arrived and I was fussing over making it better (cleaning out grease and re-lubing with an appropriate type and amount of lube). Since then, I haven’t touched it. I think people (including me) are too worried about this. I’d bet people with gens also never rotate their bezel after the first week of owning.

I haven’t heard anyone mention problems with it falling off. It just feels unrefined, especially considering how good the rest of the watch is.

Last edited:

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU
Last edited:

John Blutarski

Horology Curious
Supporter
27/7/22
Curious how the installation goes. I'd have to seriously consider buying more than one just in case! :oops:

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
Reactions: Endez

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
The rotation is not perfect but does the job. It wont fall off! Have fun with it and enjoy it as the great watch it is! I do!

Radial movement is crap on stock CF GMTs. Pull of bezel, degrease, pull out spring to make more tension, put together - 5-10mins work for genlike feeling:)

Reactions: Amotik

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
How much is gen crystal? I want the proper black hole effect on the cyclops without cloudy distortion.

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU
Just texted CTime. Acc. to them it just came from clean factory and should be v3. Once delivered I’ll take some more pictures.

thanks all for your help!

lovegensandreps

Kodo Constant-Force Tourbillon rep when?
22/9/22
EU
Guys do you think a Deep crystal is worth it? Because Clean seems to have improved their own crystal in the V3/V3S versions. I mean the deep one is still more transparent/clear but is it maybe "too clear" compared to gen with its double sided AR coating?

Reactions: japer