• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Unrealistic expectations of forum members ( majority ) by a disillusioned replica buyer

Horology Curious
31/5/19
As i sit here with another broken replica watch on my wrist in need of repair , the third in a month .I've realised i spend more time and money , fixing,repairing and modding (needed) replica watches than i do buying them :mad:
They're not ' just like the real thing bro' , ' no need to buy this in genuine bro ' , ' no ones calling you out on this one bro' .Sorry but you can't compare a genuine high end Swiss watches made in a state of the art factory , to a 'fake ' knocked together in a Chinese chicken shack :ROFLMAO:

Interesting post op

Tim4682

Supporter
Certified
27/10/13
NC, USA
Sounds like youve decided reps arent for you...

Is what it is, move one. Sucks youve had a bad experience, but luckily it hasnt impacted your life in any meaningful way. No point arguing with people about it. Not everything is for everyone.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Sounds like youve decided reps arent for you...

Is what it is, move one. Sucks youve had a bad experience, but luckily it hasnt impacted your life in any meaningful way. No point arguing with people about it. Not everything is for everyone.

I'm, for example, not into looking at photos of chubby chicks or eating vegan food.

But I don't hang out on fat fetish forums to argue with the chaps there how they also shouldn't like images of obese women or on vegan forums trying to convince them to eat more steaks. Not in my wildest dreams would I even begin to consider disturbing the peace of a like-minded group and poop all over their party...

I wonder what kind of personality disorder makes people seek out such weird debates.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I'm, for example, not into looking at photos of chubby chicks or eating vegan food.

But I don't hang out on fat fetish forums to argue with the chaps there how they also shouldn't like images of obese women or on vegan forums trying to convince them to eat more steaks. Not in my wildest dreams would I even begin to consider disturbing the peace of a like-minded group and poop all over their party...

I wonder what kind of personality disorder makes people seek out such weird debates.
It's almost like seeking validation of others in the same situation makes the whole more bearable. I dunno, learning from it and moving on is possibly the best choice. Couldn't agree more with all your points

Reactions: eBoy

Frank Martin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
U.S.
Although I do agree with your main point - ofc reps are not of the same quality as gens - any production line will have quality flaws.

Just look at many of the high end car brands recalling models left and right. Guess it’s a matter of quality assurance and yea I can image that process isn’t as thorough in a Chinese rep factory as in a Swiss gen.

That said, I’ve never had any issues with my high end reps and if that would happen I’d still think it’s worth the hassle as my ‘average’ rep experience would still be positive.
And I have heard the stories from an owner of a gen Patek Phillipe that seems to stay in the repair shop. Buy a high end Range Rover and see what the repair bills run you. Your point is well taken.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Do ya all really wanna start this again....

3fu1bE.gif

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
don't knock them until you've tried one...
Oh, I have... The whole spectrum. Can't say I hated it, but just figured I prefer petite. 😉

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

You really do have a hard on for me .I suspect it's a rather small micro penis , but still standing to attention . You really haven't read my posts , just gone into an hysterical hissy fit . That analogy doesn't fit me or my posts at all .
There you go again posting about 'personality disorders' and weirdos .Of course you'll deny it was aimed at me . Does that deserve an account infraction ? Or should i message your line manager? Ffs what a 🤡
I think a person living on an internet forum seeking the gratification of his peers is strange , perhaps that's just me though ?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The guys like a dog with a bone .I think me telling him he wasn't funny has sent him over the edge . He cries, throws his toys out of pram, seems to have got over it , and goes away . Then mulls it over , gets upset and starts again
I think the term is 'bunny boiler ' , he just can't get over me . Perhaps i should be kinder , a realationship unrequited can send certain types to do things they wouldn't otherwise do .A 'woman scorned' as William Congreve said .

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You really do have a hard on for me .I suspect it's a rather small micro penis , but still standing to attention . You really haven't read my posts , just gone into an hysterical hissy fit . That analogy doesn't fit me or my posts at all .
There you go again posting about 'personality disorders' and weirdos .Of course you'll deny it was aimed at me . Does that deserve an account infraction ? Or should i message your line manager? Ffs what a 🤡
I think a person living on an internet forum seeking the gratification of his peers is strange , perhaps that's just me though ?

Your face while you wrote that post:
Crazy Eyes GIF

My face, after I read your post:
Happy Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by Amazon Prime Video

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
The guys like a dog with a bone .I think me telling him he wasn't funny has sent him over the edge . He cries, throws his toys out of pram, seems to have got over it , and goes away . Then mulls it over , gets upset and starts again
I think the term is 'bunny boiler ' , he just can't get over me . Perhaps i should be kinder , a realationship unrequited can send certain types to do things they wouldn't otherwise do .A 'woman scorned' as William Congreve said .

Your face while you wrote that post:
200.gif

Everyone on RWI reading your deranged ramblings:
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Wookie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
Maryland
Yes bought my first Seiko recently as well King Turtle hand grenade .I like it got it with 40% off retail , i like it
The important question is which type of replica are you purchasing? Are you opting for the $138 version or the higher-end range of $600-$1200? I've noticed a significant difference in quality when I didn't conduct thorough research and determine the trusted dealer and manufacturer for that particular watch.

Please note that I'm not implying that you're engaged in this activity. I'm simply sharing my initial experience in this hobby. I've been highly satisfied with the replicas I've acquired.

Perhaps I've been fortunate, or it could simply be a matter of luck. I apologize that you've encountered issues with your purchases. It's disheartening to know that problems like these exist in the industry. It's certainly not a perfect world in this realm.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Genuine question, no bs, no messing.

Do you enjoy this forum?
Yes i really love it . Even more so now i've got my own stalker.
The important question is which type of replica are you purchasing? Are you opting for the $138 version or the higher-end range of $600-$1200? I've noticed a significant difference in quality when I didn't conduct thorough research and determine the trusted dealer and manufacturer for that particular watch.

Please note that I'm not implying that you're engaged in this activity. I'm simply sharing my initial experience in this hobby. I've been highly satisfied with the replicas I've acquired.

Perhaps I've been fortunate, or it could simply be a matter of luck. I apologize that you've encountered issues with your purchases. It's disheartening to know that problems like these exist in the industry. It's certainly not a perfect world in this realm.

I only buy the so called ' best replicas' NWBIG .All purchased after extensive research , reading the opinions of my peers and 'experts' on the forum , and drawing on my own knowledge of watches .ALL PURCHASED FROM RWI TD'S.
I currently have three watches out for repair which is costing me circa £1000 . I have numerous in my watch box also needing fettling or some modification. ALL the problems should have been noticed with ten second check of the watch before seconding out.
My posts seem to have hit a raw nerve with forum members , especially one strange individual . Though to be honest it was to be expected . It's par for the course , anybody posting anything but 'TD's are amazing , replicas are amazing ' is quickly rounded on and ridiculed .
I think a healthy dose of honest appraisal, and a note of ' caveat emptor' is good for the forum .