• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Noob V12 **Eye-candy and Wristshot**(QC pics allowed)**

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20

Side-by-side with noob PAM177

ZtSI2D.jpg

May I ask, is it just this 177 rep that looks a bit hazy or is the gen actually like this as well? Or maybe its just the camera? I think I read somewhere that the AR coating in the early models were weak and inconsistent and that it could even vary between series of the same model.
Which leads me to my next question, are the 111 and 005 reps of today done with the latest AR or do they mimic the AR of the early gen models? I mean, it would be an obvious tell no?

Pre7_2000

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Great watch, definitely the one I want !!! :cool:
The strap doesn't look great but the watch is juste amazing.

Would you be able to elaborate on the strap - this is the exact watch I'm looking at buying - would love your knowledge and help.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
May I ask, is it just this 177 rep that looks a bit hazy or is the gen actually like this as well? Or maybe its just the camera? I think I read somewhere that the AR coating in the early models were weak and inconsistent and that it could even vary between series of the same model.
Which leads me to my next question, are the 111 and 005 reps of today done with the latest AR or do they mimic the AR of the early gen models? I mean, it would be an obvious tell no?

The reflection in the pic is an angle matter, in such a position and angle you will get the same reflection with a gen or a good super rep.

AR, both in gen and in reps, is currently fully resolved. No worries about that. The most of the good super reps have AR at the same (or almost) level of the gen.
But, talking about reps, bear in mind that there are not concrete specifications top be followed as it happens with a gen. Makers can change the AR when they want. Obviosuly people will take note of the changes for next purchases, just that.

ALE

CharlySub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/21
Hi,

I've just received a PAM111 v12 from https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supermirrors

Here's picture of the watch: Arrows show the short screw for the regulator, and what first I thook was a paint overflow. In fact it's just a really small scratch (if someone know how to remove it, please share)

The crownguard pin wich is not genlike I'll probably fix it

I'm really happy with it, It's my first rep and I wasn't expecting that quality even there's some stuff that will not pass a highend quality control

With the 3D print tool I've made to remove the 2 dust spot on the backwindow

I can share the QC pix if you want to

Pre7_2000

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Thank you for sharing ! - great photos - would you provide the seller for everyone to be on the same page ?

Pre7_2000

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Every dealer sells the same.... Watch....

I've been told otherwise by a specific moder I've been speaking with- and hence why I'm reaching out.

Thank you for your response - and would appreciate your feedback.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I've been told otherwise by a specific moder I've been speaking with- and hence why I'm reaching out.

Thank you for your response - and would appreciate your feedback.

Interesting..... But

Noob 111 v12 is a very specific watch (12th version of 111 from Noob Factory). As long as the dealers carry this specific version of 111, they will deliver the exact same watch to you. Dealers are just a middleman.

Reactions: xxthorxx

Pre7_2000

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Interesting..... But

Noob 111 v12 is a very specific watch (12th version of 111 from Noob Factory). As long as the dealers carry this specific version of 111, they will deliver the exact same watch to you. Dealers are just a middleman.

Thank you for the clarification - I more or less looking for some guidance !@

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
FEB 2021 - SITUATION OF PAM LUMINOR 44mm BETTARINI CASES

Nowadays, there is a little confusion, regarding PAM 111 in particular and Luminor 44mm Bettarini cases in general from Noob factory.

This confusion is created by the makers (and even the dealers). Makers have a lot of stocks of old parts for these cases. For this reason makers are mixing parts in the watches they are assembling.
Unfortunately, no one can assure the exact watch you will receive, whatever version you buy.

V4, V5 and above all V11 and V12 are all commercial tricks to attract purchases, you cannot know the exact version you will receive.
I don’t understand the mark V11 an V12 in the current versions.

Most likely you will receive, whatever is the version from Noob, the parts as follows:

- Midcase: at the best a V4, and most likely a nice and very well finished transition model V3->V4. Probably these cases are stock of old V3 cases with a modern finish process to get a good accuracy near the V4. If Noob definitely improves and stabilizes the finish of the lugs contours joining the midcase and its distance to the angle of the cushion shape we could be talking about a correct and well called V5 version, even better than V4.
- Crown guard: Noob accurate enough
- CG Lever: The horrible Noob lever with the big angle shape. The nice correctly shaped lever used in PAM 390 from 2015 disappeared quickly and we never saw it again.
- Crown: at this moment it is almost impossible to get a “slim” crown. You will receive a typical Noob “fat” crown. The nice “slim” crown used in PAM 390 from 2015 disappeared quickly and we never saw it again.
- Bezel: the most accurate is the old V3 bezel. Noob “improved” the bezel in new versions making the transition angles sharper. The visual effect is nicer, but the accuracy is worse. Anyway, Noob bezel is the best in general and you will receive a bezel version more or less sharp, but the more accurate available. H maker and V6/XF/VSF bezel, being really nice because they have very good finish and sharper edge, are less accurate.
- CG pin: a nice and accurate Noob CG pin, the best available.
- Caseback: the typical Noob, maybe the best available

But in the actual watch you will receive, whatever the version and the distributor, there may be different parts mixed.

Regarding the PAM 390 the current situation is grotesque. In 2015 Noob released a version of this model that was the best available Luminor 44mm case in the market: nice V4 midcase, nice CG and CG Pin, “slim” CG lever, “slim” crown, with a nice Dial and accurate hands. But in Dec 2020 Noob released a PAM390 with a transition case V3->V4, old inaccurate lever, “fat” crown, wrong dial, questionable hands and worse, and inaccurate caseback, than previous versions. I really don’t understand this release. Unless Noob, taking advantage of the prestige of the PAM 390 launched in 2015, now wants to make use of old midcases and parts stocks. About the dials and the caseback I don't understand at all the current situation, because they are completely different from the previous ones.

This is the current situation and the only thing we can do is be careful with the QC pics

Good luck !!

ALE

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Very nice clarification, there's definitely a blur around the Noob 111's numerous versions.
What does V11 or V12 stands for ? They look good still but it seems those last iterations are more "who knows what's in" versions of the 111.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

CharlySub

19/1/21
Thanks for the sumup, and thank for the other investigation/comparaison you've made (stiky post).

Sorry if I'm a little out off the subject but does anybody knows where to buy a longer swan neck screw ?

Is it possible to buy a gen one from gen dealer ? or they'll ask me the watch's serial or any kind of warantycard?

PS: I don't really know if I have to thank you. Because of you, now, I see plenty of default I've not seen before :rollingonthefloor::rollingonthefloor:

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Hi,

I've just received a PAM111 v12 from https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/supermirrors

Here's picture of the watch: Arrows show the short screw for the regulator, and what first I thook was a paint overflow. In fact it's just a really small scratch (if someone know how to remove it, please share)

I had to check the movement print on mine, you're right the paint applications is thick and has overflow paint, whereas my noob PAM177 (circa 2015) movement text looks nice and clean.

CharlySub

19/1/21
Your jewels 's "W" is worst than mine but you've got better officine 's "F"
I don't know to get the overpaint off, I don't want to do worse

177 is nice and less shiny than 111 :thumbup:

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Your jewels 's "W" is worst than mine but you've got better officine 's "F"
I don't know to get the overpaint off, I don't want to do worse

177 is nice and less shiny than 111 :thumbup:

Agree 100%, the PAM177 is my favorite watch. :thumbup:

How I wish the Noob or VSF factory will make the PAM177 again, I'll definitely get another one.

ZpsrgS.jpg

Zps8MW.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friends

Without your pics it is impossible to get info and evaluations

PLEASE SHARE YOUR PICS !!!!

ALE

Reactions: mrsullivan

mtobberup

18/5/20
Love the initiatives on this site :D

My watch was sold to me as a Noob V5 so not sure if anyone finds it relevant, but here we go anyways :)

The Lume shot is next to gen Pam

I am really curious about the font and font color. Do the gen 111 have different fonts? What abotut color, I was under the impression that it should be "creamy" not white. Maybe changed between the series? How would you say the font size on mine seems?

Reactions: Snil and sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
mtobberup your Noob v5 looks quite nice! With Y Incabloc, no weird font issues (sticking out "O" for instance) like with the new v12s, etc. It also looks like it has a very clean flat CP and CG placement from the side profile looks great too.

Besides from the wrong CG lever tip shape, it looks great to me. ALE7575 and others can chime in on the case shape, as I am just a student in this area.