• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Demonoid is back up...

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I see today that Demonoid is back up and running! I don't do much with torrents, but Demonoid is a must have resource for feedback on stuff I'm considering and a great place to find stuff that I can't find elsewhere. Nice to see it's back and running.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I love Demonoid, all the downtime kept me frustrated, I know there are other torrent sites, but D is the best.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I've only ever used TPB but I've heard of Demonoid. What's the difference?

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Just be cautious of what you are downloading now thru Demonoid as the site is not under previous owners. I have heard this from reliabe source that they are now using this site as a bait for legal actions... just be careful and cautious!

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
I see today that Demonoid is back up and running! I don't do much with torrents, but Demonoid is a must have resource for feedback on stuff I'm considering and a great place to find stuff that I can't find elsewhere. Nice to see it's back and running.

Thank goodness. I've been using other sites and I can tell you that my computer now gives me pop-ups offering to find me "F**K buddies" in my local area.

Thanks, I can find those myself. :)

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Just be cautious of what you are downloading now thru Demonoid as the site is not under previous owners. I have heard this from reliabe source that they are now using this site as a bait for legal actions... just be careful and cautious!

Thanks for the warning but, new ownership took place in 2008, it's still run by that same person that took over in 2008, it's NOT being used as a bait site.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Deimos left in 08..... the new guys (the staff) have been running it since then....server is in the Ukraine... so let's not have any conspiracy theories...

But, if it makes you feel better, if you wrap tin foil around your mouse, they can't catch you!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
If it is being used for bait, I'd be one of the first to hear about it. The only issues that might show up using torrents are with movies and music. For those, I grab stuff from Rapid.org and a few other more discriminating places. TP2P has been a great resource, and there's a bunch of others that are invitation only and hard to get into. As far as Fc*k Buddies, my anti-virus and trojan software do an excellent job at keeping the baddies away... :)

VagueByDesign

19/10/09
I was pretty bent when I got the news that D went down. Then mininova got the axe for the most part and is now utterly useless. I've just been using scrapetorrent.com because it searches multiple torrent sites, but when I can't find good stuff there, I'll be heading back over to the D. kickasstorrents.com seems to be the new mininova, but that is only in format and I haven't looked through it much for content yet.

Thanks for the news about demonoid! I'd glad to hear it is back up and running!