• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Loose movement ?

maxmlian

8/11/06
I recivied a new piece today, and I have not looked at it properly yet (review coming later).
Its an chrono asia 7750 and I have a question I have a couple of other chronos and have never experienced this.
When I take the crown out to set time and date the movement and the dial moves if I wiggle the crown gently.
Is this normal ? my other chronos does not do this ?
If not, what could be wrong ? missing screw to attach the movement in the case ?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i heard this is prevalent on some watches... movement wobble. which watch is it?

ps: i cant remember which, but if you list the watch, someone else might :D

maxmlian

8/11/06
Its a Tag link chrono, it doesnt really bother me that much once you screw the crown in it dosent move.
But I was more thinking if it can be fixed easily or if its a danger to the movement (watch) in general

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
My bently does the same thing, when i pulled the back off it looks like the spacer doesn't touch the case back and if it did it would be secure... Through of using a rubber o ring on top of the spacerto make up the differance but havent tried it yet.

maxmlian

8/11/06
Thank you super anyone with the Tag link chrono having the same issue ?

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
It's best if the dial and movement isn't moving when you adjust the time, but someone needs to take the back cover off and see what's going on. Screws do come loose, movement tabs do break (I've had two break), and any host of other things can happen. Maybe a watchmaker could check it out for you, seems like a $10-20 problem, hopefully.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Odd... I've got the tag chrono and my movement is rocksolid...
Sounds like the mentioned possiblities of misized movement holder or broken tabs are both good...
I've honestly never cracked the back on that watch (one of the few I own i've not opened)

A "spacer" o-ring cut to a "c" ring to leave room for the stem/pushers would probably do the trick...
but that is just my .02cents.... think thats about .00000001euros by last check. :roll:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
just fip the small bridles where the angle points upwards and tighten the screw down securely and that should fix it for u , as for watches with the plastic inserts holding it in place, take a small screw driver and push them down till the snap solid all the way around the movment and that should fix your problems

joe

maxmlian

8/11/06
Thank you I will try that not tonight though I just had a couple of glasses of wine