• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Factory was raided

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
This whole incident has really soured me on buying reps at all. The idea that someone will be in jail for the rest of the life. or possible even be executed for a hobby that I have really doesn’t sit well with me.
I know I’m not forcing people to risk their lives in the rep business, but still by buying reps in supporting the business... I dunno.
This probably won’t be a popular opinion, but I felt
I needed to share it anyway.

Reactions: Hazing

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
This whole incident has really soured me on buying reps at all. The idea that someone will be in jail for the rest of the life. or possible even be executed for a hobby that I have really doesn’t sit well with me.
I know I’m not forcing people to risk their lives in the rep business, but still by buying reps in supporting the business... I dunno.

Where is the evidence that somebody is going to jail for life or worse being executed?

Reactions: GottaHave

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
Quite an interesting take there...

Reactions: cdzsmith

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

Theres no death penalty for counterfeiting. They make enough to have good lawyers or to pay whoever they need to pay to not go to jail. There are worst people working at wall street and people still dealing with them. Counterfeiting brings so much money to chinese government that it will dumb to get rid off it, same applies to different black/grey businesses in different countries.

“In 2015, the criminal code was amended to remove nine capital offenses:
  • Smuggling weapons or ammunition
  • Smuggling nuclear materials
  • Smuggling counterfeit money
  • Counterfeiting”

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
ZF own by non chinese investor , sure maker back , olso there’s new hard rules for Fake products, i don’t know if it true rules or joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
In 2017 amendments were made to the Anti-unfair Competition Law in the P.R.C which became effective in January 2018. Consistent with the revised Trademark Law, the amended Anti-unfair Competition Law increased statutory damages for acts of unfair competition which violate IP rights from RMB 500,000 (approximately $79,035 ) to RMB 3M ($474,211).

The law enforcement officers shall decide how many counts of violations do happen and there shall be no inmates, if the factory owners do act swiftly and decide to hire good lawyers and pay off the actual fines imposed after the trial..

RaoulDuke

Horology Curious
5/9/20
JF (also allegedly raided too). The TD’s I’ve spoken to seem to think that ZF will be back after the CNY holiday.

Some TDs seem to imply that after the CNY the'll likely return. Anyone heard the same?

Yes, I have it on pretty good authority that it was only one senior guy with ZF who got busted. They were even still operating after the “raid” to get some orders out before shutting down mid Jan for CNY.

No other people were arrested no gear or machinery seized and they made it sound more like a shakedown by local cops to get some extra holiday money from the senior ZF guy. He also stated that it would be pretty much business as usual after CNY sometime between 20th-25th February.

Unless something further happens, I think every needs to calm down a bit.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
Yes, I have it on pretty good authority that it was only one senior guy with ZF who got busted. They were even still operating after the “raid” to get some orders out before shutting down mid Jan for CNY. No other people were arrested no gear or machinery seized and they made it sound more like a shakedown by local cops to get some extra holiday money from the senior ZF guy. He also stated that it would be pretty much business as usual after CNY sometime between 20th-25th February. Unless something further happens, I think every needs to calm down a bit.

hmm sounds like the police chief didnt like his QC pics.. but anway, I was just thinking about how the quality of ZF would be after new years, because in my mind, they took everything as evidence, (thats how they do it here).. glad to hear it may not be so!

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
I think this fight against counterfeit is just a big show and that the gen makers really do want the reps to be sold, otherwise, nobody would know about their brands.. like how IBM made their dos easy to copy and even though they are like "oh no they are stealing from us" they ended up dominating the market in the 80s

I'm not sure its 100% to that degree, but I believe Rolex wouldn't be near as popular if it wasn't for the "fakes". It gives Rolex a mystique of being elite, that it is unrepeatable. Rolex are nothing special, but those 80's movies where they say "A real Rolex sweeps the dial" did more for Rolex than any advertising. So when I see gen Rolex owners rant about fakes I think they should be grateful to the fakes for making their investment more valuable.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I'm not sure its 100% to that degree, but I believe Rolex wouldn't be near as popular if it wasn't for the "fakes". It gives Rolex a mystique of being elite, that it is unrepeatable. Rolex are nothing special, but those 80's movies where they say "A real Rolex sweeps the dial" did more for Rolex than any advertising. So when I see gen Rolex owners rant about fakes I think they should be grateful to the fakes for making their investment more valuable.

oh yes, once you see a fake anything, the original instantly have perceived value. I think if anyone wants to start a brand of luxury whatever, they also must make low quality fakes immediately, make money selling both and fool the public... can you imagine walking down canal street and seeing fake boogiewoogie watch next to the fake rolex and fake patek? then you google boogiewoogie and see the watches are 100,000 retail priced.. LOL.. then you buy the fake boogiewoogie, wear it to work where your boss says, nice watch, what is that? you say oh its a fake boogiewoogie watch.. then he goes google and being how hes rich, be buys the original.. BOOM, brainwashing at the debeers level!

T-Rep69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/20
Sincerely, I believe that ROLEX, marketing wise, has done an excellent job in the last decades. I don't know if they are relying on the fake market or if they are fighting it. I don't know which are their strategies, but surely they work very well (with neither positive or negative emphasis). On the other hand, independently, I am grateful to the rep-watch world, so that we are able to enjoy wearing nice watches at a reasonable price.

Back to the subject of the OP, I really hope that ZF can come back with the same (well, why not even better ;-) quality after the CNY. Still missing their BB58.

P.S. I love Omega's more than Rolex's.