• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Sead had it in his UK stock list, so got it the next day, which was nice :). I also feel that the watches he brings over have already been pretty well QC checked, so they are decent examples. Certainly the 3 watches I’ve now bought from him have been great, to my eyes anyway.

ChronoNoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/20
I got my BP 316L version with the A2824 last week and the bracelet wasn't very flexible at some joints and squeaked in some others. Gave it a baby oil bath for a few hours and got rid of the residual oil between the surfaces with some relatively soft solvent. No, cleaning it off with solvent until it's perfectly dry isn't going to reduce the effect of the oil bath because the oils should have sunk into the pins and holes pretty thoroughly if you bathe it for hours and move it around while it's in the oil bath. Result was amazing! Did it for some other watches including expensive gens with similar squeaks and tightness. Honestly had no idea baby oil bath was so effective. Instantly transformed the BP's bracelet into something that feels as good as well worn gens.

The watch itself has some disappointing flaws. Dial came misaligned ever so slightly which I couldn't tell in the QC pics. I adjusted it myself and now it's perfect but rehaut isn't aligned perfectly although that's only off by 0.5 degrees or less. Crown stem and crown are not straight and endlinks aren't that good either but commensurate with most BPF explorer 1 photos I've seen around. Lume is quite accurate against gen, not super blue but the BP could be brighter with the indexes. The hands stay slightly brighter for a bit longer but the lume is pretty satisfactory. Crystal is about as good as it can get.

Overall it's a real looker now the dial misalignment is fixed and feels much nicer than even a Sinn 556. Super iconic design and one for the ages. The Explorer 1 is definitely worth buying in gen as well as rep/s ;) Really just the perfect watch.

Sorry no pics handy at the moment, may update with some pics of watch and movement. Movement seems to be a PT5000 which I noticed is also being used by other factories in other watch models and "brands". PT5000 as A2824 seems to be what the factories are now using. Easy to regulate yourself and honestly prefer the utilitarian finish with no decoration when caseback is solid.

Last edited:

Tete

4/11/16
Sead had it in his UK stock list, so got it the next day, which was nice :). I also feel that the watches he brings over have already been pretty well QC checked, so they are decent examples. Certainly the 3 watches I’ve now bought from him have been great, to my eyes anyway.

Sead what TD is it?

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Just wanted to let people know that Mirotime has this watch with 316L steel for under $300 with shipping now with the code love. I picked one up yesterday, just wanted to share with you guys

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Just wanted to let people know that...

Is Mirotime a TD here? maybe edit your post to clarify. Would hate someone to see your post, buy and not be supported by the forum if things go south.

Apologies if they are in fact a TD but I couldn’t find them listed.

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
You are correct, just assumed they were a TD but they are not here. Buy at your own risk

Skx023

Horology Curious
20/12/20
i just finished reading all 29 pages and here is the conclusion for best option that i have reached based on my preferences:
BP explorer for best dial. My biggest preference is looks, and I want to get as close to gen as possible
A2824 movement so that i can swap out to a genuine eta 2824 movement if it ever dies...im assuming this is a direct swap with no modifications needed. i want this to keep working and telling me the time.
if possible, 316L metal, because from other research i dont think that the 904L is worth it. and a 316L is a better price (cheaper)

I am looking at <300$ for this setup

Can anyone comment?
And can anyone recommend a TD who can help me get this set up?

Please and thank you.

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19
i just finished reading all 29 pages and here is the conclusion for best option that i have reached based on my preferences:
BP explorer for best dial. My biggest preference is looks, and I want to get as close to gen as possible
A2824 movement so that i can swap out to a genuine eta 2824 movement if it ever dies...im assuming this is a direct swap with no modifications needed. i want this to keep working and telling me the time.
if possible, 316L metal, because from other research i dont think that the 904L is worth it. and a 316L is a better price (cheaper)

Can anyone comment?

Please and thank you.

I just purchased the same from Li (intime) Very good to deal with, quick response times

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Can anyone comment?

Please and thank you.

BP 316L with gen Swiss ETA. This one will likely never leave my collection. You won't regret your choice.

15754995793461.jpg

Reactions: museguy and BOSSK

Skx023

Horology Curious
20/12/20
BP 316L with gen Swiss ETA. This one will likely never leave my collection. You won't regret your choice.

15754995793461.jpg

Do you get it with a Swiss ETA or do you get the Swiss ETA separately and swap yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Do you get it with a Swiss ETA or do you get the Swiss ETA separately and swap yourself?

I swapped it in bro. Simple 1:1, took all of 30 minutes.

Reactions: museguy

Skx023

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Cool. That is something I know how to do. I once changed the movement in my Seiko skx023

tumad

Known Member
28/10/19

15754995793461.jpg

Mine been stuck at customs for a month now, was this swap required or you just did it anyway? Cheers bud