• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610 Submariner with VS3235 Latest Movement 72 Hours Power Reserve

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
My opinion of a forum ist that people are allowed to ask questions and share information. i just wanted to know if the number on the rehaut is correctly centered in between the minutes or misalign. Nothing more, nothing less. so thanks to fletch512 who answered to my question.
i dont understand how vsf can build a nearly perfectly rep, but misaligns a numer that would be easy to avoid imo.
others talk about fifty shades of green of the insert f the cermit that -in my opinoin- just can be spotted with an coputer programme...
others talk about the polish of a case etc....
so yes, each to his own.
i just wanted to know and can decide on my own if i can live with the “flaw“ of a slightly misalignes numer or not.
some people in this forum react as if they had build the watch on their own and seem to be personally attacked...
but thanks to all who give/ gave constructive answers !

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
In my opinion, a forum serves to be able to ask questions and to exchange experiences and information. I was only interested in whether the last number on the rehaut is correct between the minute markers or not. therefore many thanks to flech512, who gave me the answer. Everyone can then decide for themselves whether they can live with such a small “flaw“ or not. in my opinion, i cannot understand why vsf can build an almost perfect rep, but can not manage such an easily avoidable deficiency like a correct positioning of a number on the rehaut. i have the impression that some members react so irritably to questions as if they had built the rep themselves and feel personally attacked. all you want to do is ask a few questions to members who are more experienced. other members spend pages discussing the fifty shades of green of the insert of the cermit which, in my opinion, can only be made visible by computer software. others have debated the polishing of the case etc. these are discussions that I cannot understand in relation to a $ 500 rep, but I do not presume to comment negatively on them. but yes, each his own

Reactions: YellowFin

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
sorry double post. i didn't want to waste your time unnecessarily

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
Regarding the insert color debate...vsf116610lv compared to gen side by side in real life, without an electronic microscope, looks identical. I’m pretty sure its the same with 126610. If you’re obsessive, I’m sure differences can be seen but...why go down that route? Life is too short my friends ))

”who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?”
Groucho Marx

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Imagine all the factories’ subs looked identical with same movements. KSwatches (hypothetical) sells you a faulty ZZF, but its actually an ARF and you send it back for repairs, and they send it to ZZF for repairs. All hypothetical of course. Im sure a lot of these these ‘faults’ are intentional for indentification. Or is this brain fart caused by the gin im consuming right now :/

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Screenshot-20201216-165821-Snapchat-copy.jpg

just for shits and giggles....

And the variation of the background - for context as to just how pointless the comparison of the bezels is....

background.jpg

Excellent post in many ways - lighting can play a KEY role in determining how a watch part varies from a similar one. I took a photo to compare AR coating on a crystal, but realized I had to take 3 pics so that each watch was in the same spot with the same lighting to do a proper comparison. A comparison shot would be better if the watches swapped positions in the same exact lighting and then the photos were placed above each other.

ZmGmMJ.jpg

Reactions: Updog and muiramas

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What crystal clarity? Oh, right, it's another Duckber observation...

On the watch on the left, you see a reflection of the phone used to take the picture - it's nothing to do with clarity.

Sure the gen is going to have a better crystal than a Chinese fake - duh. But this image shows nothing.

"Sure something Rolex does is going to be better than the chinese fake"

It's funny how multiple people stated the AR has equal clarity to gen and now all of a sudden, given proof, "of course it's not! it's a fake after all!" Another astute observation from the local VSF board marshal muriamas.

The point is the gen Rolex wouldn't see a reflection on it. It was stated the rep would be equal in that regard, and that's been proven to be false. But that was the narrative all along? LOL

This VSF circle jerk is something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefcake

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
he’s probably contemplating selling it as gen to some poor fool. No other explanation to these newbie OCD warriors
with your testimony you assume criminal fraud and ocd. that's outrageous and presumptuous. you should think before you write.

zvonimir

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/6/12
And you know that because you compared it?

as a matter of fact...yes, I did
if you’re interested in the subject, I made a mini review of the vsf116610lv, compared to my gen lv. Its in one of the threads from a month or so ago (I believe in the one where the guy compared vsf lv to his ln gen). Its a stunning rep. The only substantial difference to gen is the dial color/guilloche which...yada yada yada...we all know what it does and doesnt do.
i couldnt care less to be honest. I perfectly understand if someone cares more...just my two cents

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
It's funny how multiple people stated the AR has equal clarity to gen and now all of a sudden, given proof, "of course it's not! it's a fake after all!" Another astute observation from the local VSF board marshal muriamas.

Really? You got some 'multiple quotes' you can pull in here to that effect? Thought not...

The point is the gen Rolex wouldn't see a reflection on it. It was stated the rep would be equal in that regard

Again, I invite you to back that up - who stated it exactly?

You're not even a very good troll.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Really? You got some 'multiple quotes' you can pull in here to that effect? Thought not...

Again, I invite you to back that up - who stated it exactly?

You're not even a very good troll.

Between this and the Jtime thread there's a combined total of ~60 pages. You can look it up yourself. You'd just disappear after I show you evidence like you tend to do. I retorted so many arguments from you the last few months where you disappeared after I broke down your faulty logic. You literally questioned me asking for opinions on something cause I have a solid opinion on something entirely different just the other day. But yeah, I guess I'm the one trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: oridian

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Some more pics would be nice chaps.

Keep em coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some more approved QC's to whet the appetite.

I should be getting it in a week - it depends on how Royal Mail copes over Christmas, and notwithstanding the UK is plague Island right now...

IMG-2536.jpg

IMG-2539.jpg

IMG-2542.jpg

IMG-2543.jpg

IMG-2544.jpg

IMG-2545.jpg

IMG-2546.jpg

IMG-2547.jpg

IMG-2548.jpg

IMG-2549.jpg

IMG-2550.jpg

IMG-2551.jpg

I'm the one trolling.

Manifestly so. Now that we're agreed we can move on.

Last edited:

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Totally useless discussion indeed. Don’t want flaws? Get the Gen. And even there you will get some. If you can afford one obviously. I do own a couple of them, including the Daytona black dial, and the Hulk. And Batman. Plus a couple of reps. And you now what? Nobody in real life sees any f... difference. Nothing. And I am working in Rolex and AP environment. Where watches are like this are nothing special. It’s just as simple as that. Get on with your sel gaps and green color whatsoever distinction. Plain BS, sorry to say. And btw it’s just a hobby, not a science...

Last edited:

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Here are some more approved QC's to whet the appetite.

I should be getting it in a week - it depends on how Royal Mail copes over Christmas, and notwithstanding the UK is plague Island right now...

IMG-2536.jpg

IMG-2539.jpg

IMG-2542.jpg

IMG-2543.jpg

IMG-2544.jpg

IMG-2545.jpg

IMG-2546.jpg

IMG-2547.jpg

IMG-2548.jpg

IMG-2549.jpg

IMG-2550.jpg

IMG-2551.jpg

Manifestly so. Now that we're agreed we can move on.
Yes, indeed. Wonderful watch