• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Luvwatch

21/8/14
6d8d5a8dfaa27013ea5ad9b9c3848fcc.jpg

My Arf V2 dial is white...not creamy...and this is very very nice dial!
Best choice for me!

Looks pretty pretty good mate. Congrats.

I’m totally in the fence, I’m placing the order to mix a Noob V4 with ARF dial, CF bezel and gen crystal but I’m still undecided if to go Black V4 or white ARF V2.
I have the rest of the day to decide before placing the order.

shotgun

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Surely you haven't read all my posts, I really like the Arf dial and yours is super, congrats!

yes Bro I read it was just to get an extra photo..
Noob or Arf,not really important,this rep is a dream...again thank you China guys...
Enjoy this Daytona...is a beauty!

Reactions: ettorefranco

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Looks pretty pretty good mate. Congrats.

I’m totally in the fence, I’m placing the order to mix a Noob V4 with ARF dial, CF bezel and gen crystal but I’m still undecided if to go Black V4 or white ARF V2.
I have the rest of the day to decide before placing the order.

My have gen crystal and my mod bezel
And case reshaped(For my case lug is wrong to noob)
Reshape is necessary

Reactions: Luvwatch

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
So, let me get this straight/summarized..... (White dial)

Noob V4 has improved the subdial thickness, has a white color, but the font has a likelihood to be thick.

ARF: Still good subdials, Still better font (thickness and crispness), but can be a creamy color.

Seems like this has turned into what most rep versions have turned into. Pick the flaws you're able to live with and if you look hard enough, you can probably find a gen in the wild that helps you justify that yours is "gen-like". However, seems like if you were given a dial at random and was forced to live with it, your money would be on the ARF dial.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
So, let me get this straight/summarized..... (White dial)

Noob V4 has improved the subdial thickness, has a white color, but the font has a likelihood to be thick.

ARF: Still good subdials, Still better font (thickness and crispness), but can be a creamy color.

Seems like this has turned into what most rep versions have turned into. Pick the flaws you're able to live with and if you look hard enough, you can probably find a gen in the wild that helps you justify that yours is "gen-like". However, seems like if you were given a dial at random and was forced to live with it, your money would be on the ARF dial.

You are most likely correct my friend.
Choose your favorite poison and enjoy it.

Smitty

Horology Curious
3/6/20
Redondo Beach, CA
Because of a rude it doesn't seem right that this thread should suddenly stop. I'll try to revive it myself. Since no one has posted enough photos of their Noob V4 until now, then I'll do it. Here are some pics of my brand new V4 in real life. Clearly all criticisms are welcome :)

The only thing wrong with watch is, it would look better on my wrist! Just kidding looks great! Should have mine shorty, will post pics! Enjoy & I can to wait!

timavo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/20
Can anybody please help me out on this? MScott ?

Good morning everyone. My QCs of a Noob v4 arrived and I'm not sure if this is a v4. The bezels seems to be okay, but the subdials look too thin to me and I can't see the CP hole of the v4...? Could you please help me figuring out if this is a v4 and if the subdials are too thin?

Reactions: KJ2020

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Wow this discussion feels like we are arguing over different religious belief systems.

From my experience I can say that the ARF White Panda dial is clearly better than the Noob. At last for every variation including the latest V3s. I can not speak for the latest V4s as I never held one in my hand, but from what I have seen in pictures Noob they did not change their dail printing at all. In most QC pictures the „Y“ and „T“ in Oyster still are to short. The only thing they most likely changed ist the Sub-Dial thickness they fucked up with the later V3 models.

From wrist distance and to the naked eye ARF and Noob do not look that different (except the crisper and more precise 5 liner printing). But when you look at the dials with a jewllers loupe with 30x maginification you can clearly see the superiority of the ARF dial. Especially the quality oft he sub dial printing is immense.
A gentlemen here on the forum did the comparison between an ARF and a V3 Noob dial some time ago. Look at the pictures and then tell me the Noob (at least everything including V3) is better than ARF.

You can find his review here:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-best-daytona

Regarding the slightly creamy dial: I like it more than the stark white of the Noob. It looks „warmer“. And yes there are Gens that have this dial color. It might be a variation or a short lived anomaly but they were produced this way!

By the way, If you are not around people who own the exact same watch , or want to flex your Daytona on Instagam with close up shots, no one will ever be able to call you out. As a very intelligent man here in the forum once said: The biggest tell in a replica is you!

The only mod I would suggest to get it even more Gen like is to change the crystal gasket to a clear one in order to get rid oft he milky rim.

I am collecting Gen watches (mostly Speedys and vintage Heuers) for over 10 years and Rep Daytonas for now about 2 years and always look on peoples wrists to spot what they are wearing. And you know what, I have only seen one person in the real life (5 Star hotel in Berlin) wearing a Daytona (116520). But maybe my life is to ordinary and I do not mingle enough with the rich and famous :D

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
You forgot to mention also that many gens have bolder 5 line text like noob v4 (noob copied that dial with bolder text)
as we can say for the arf that gens have creamy dials (which i never saw on any gen that have creamy dial and pure white lumine like arf) that way we can mention that noob v4 bolder text isnt flaw as many gens have text like that,pictures bellow

And gen with bolder text like noob v4

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
How was the 5 line text on it? :thumbsup:

Hahaha mate, this was a good one!!!

Unfortunately I do not carry my loupe around with me everytime I travel. But - (smart ass mode activated) - as it was a 116520 it was probably not bold and wider spaced out than the current Noob V4 Panda:p

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good morning everyone. My QCs of a Noob v4 arrived and I'm not sure if this is a v4. The bezels seems to be okay, but the subdials look too thin to me and I can't see the CP hole of the v4...? Could you please help me figuring out if this is a v4 and if the subdials are too thin?

Z2NXT4.jpg
Z2Nw5c.jpg
Z2NdbI.jpg

That definitely looks like a V4, the subdials are thinner than the V3. It's a nice looking watch, I always thought the silver subdials looked too fat on earlier versions.

ZAoQPD.jpg

Some great pics of the other versions, credit to M Scott

Zrpyt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: popi2020

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Can anybody please help me out on this? MScott ?

That definitely looks like a V4, the subdials are thinner than the V3. It's a nice looking watch, I always thought the silver subdials looked too fat on earlier versions.

There were actually three different Black Dial versions that Noob called V3.

- The first was a step backward to the really thick V1-V2 Sub-dials. There weren't very many of these.
- The second was like the one that we named V2.2, which was better, but still the Sub-dials were a little too thick.
-With the third version, the Sub-dials were finally very close to Gen thickness.

The Black Dial V4 has the same Dial as the correct thin Sub-dial V3. The only other differences would be the Bezel engraving which is very slightly thicker and is said to have better paint. The pinions on the hands are also said to be better quality. Both of these small details are very hard to see in QC pictures.

If I had to guess, based on the TD and what little I can see, I would say that it's a V4.
Other Members who have been getting Black Dial 116500s from this TD have been very happy.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There were actually three different Black Dial versions that Noob called V3.

- The first was a step backward to the really thick V1-V2 Sub-dials. There weren't very many of these.
- The second was like the one that we named V2.2, which was better, but still the Sub-dials were a little too thick.
-With the third version, the Sub-dials were finally very close to Gen thickness.

The Black Dial V4 has the same Dial as the correct thin Sub-dial V3. The only other differences would be the Bezel engraving which is very slightly thicker and is said to have better paint. The pinions on the hands are also said to be better quality. Both of these small details are very hard to see in QC pictures.

If I had to guess, based on the TD and what little I can see, I would say that it's a V4.
Other Members who have been getting Black Dial 116500s from this TD have been very happy.

Always appreciate your knowledge and great pics bro. It might be time to finally grab one of these black dial 116500's.