• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

King Louis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/20
What are the problems with the XF bracelet?
Some feel like the gap is gigantic. I don’t think so.

I have to say mine has been quite sharp on the edges, but then I have been spoiled by comfy Omega Seamaster and hollow Rolex oyster bracelets.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Some feel like the gap is gigantic. I don’t think so.

I have to say mine has been quite sharp on the edges, but then I have been spoiled by comfy Omega Seamaster and hollow Rolex oyster bracelets.

You happen to get a piece with a normal (correct) size gap. The ones with big gaps have much bigger gap than yours. Count yourself lucky.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
For me the XF dial tapisserie shape is better than the ZF.

Gen:

ZZekht.png

XF below:
ZZeXRF.png

ZF below:
ZZewn2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
True. I've taken the ZF and XF pics from TD listings. It's far from scientific, and of course a subjective judgment. It's just the way the ZF pattern seems to swirl all in the same direction, both on the squares and off. Whereas the gen and the XF has more of a contrast between the direction of the swirls on the squares and the rest. Not sure if this explains it very well. And then I tried to examine this on my actual watch (an XF) and I realized it's totally ridiculous as I couldn't tell at all :p If I had stuck a loupe on then perhaps.

So, erm, conclusion is that it probably doesn't matter.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
A lot of you guys just need to chill... I and a few others have already ordered it. Once we receive them... we'll do photo comparisons to the XF. Just chill, it's early days. All is fine.

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I just can't get over the radar dish sized hour hand center...

Oh shit, I didn't notice the large pinion. Nor did anyone else. Thank you.

This is a public disclaimer for everyone. We are looking at shitty photos from the factories/QC's. What looks terrible on pictures, might not be so bad in real life. At actual arms length. At actual real world scenario. Just hold your allergic reactions. Many many of us have ordered the ZF and in a few days time you will have 100s of REAL world photos at actual distances that matter.

Macro is important, but it isn't the be end and end all. Real world conditions matter more. There's a chance that the XF is superior to the ZF, there's also a chance that the ZF is better than the XF. Judging it off TD photos and QC pictures isn't the way to do it. In the flesh >

Just chill. Everyone. Wait. Commenting on dial colours... gradients.... frisbees... you name it. Is almost worthless, because again... a picture from a different angle, from an appropriate distance can change everything. Wait, reserve your judgement for when we have real pictures which will be soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tompa and BIONONE

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Oh shit, I didn't notice the large pinion. Nor did anyone else. Thank you.

This is a public disclaimer for everyone. We are looking at shitty photos from the factories/QC's. What looks terrible on pictures, might not be so bad in real life. At actual arms length. At actual real world scenario. Just hold your allergic reactions. Many many of us have ordered the ZF and in a few days time you will have 100s of REAL world photos at actual distances that matter.

Macro is important, but it isn't the be end and end all. Real world conditions matter more. There's a chance that the XF is superior to the ZF, there's also a chance that the ZF is better than the XF. Judging it off TD photos and QC pictures isn't the way to do it. In the flesh >

Just chill. Everyone. Wait. Commenting on dial colours... gradients.... frisbees... you name it. Is almost worthless, because again... a picture from a different angle, from an appropriate distance can change everything. Wait, reserve your judgement for when we have real pictures which will be soon.

OK, maybe I'm nitpicking, then again maybe I'm not. I've got a collection of reps and gens, and am self-diagnosed OCD about watches in general. That being said:

Actually, I was not talking about the pinion itself, which I think looks pretty good, but the size of the round part (flange, I guess) of the hour hand... It looks unusually large.

On top of that, I notice they have opted for concentric circlular grooves, which I believe is very far away from the original 'spyrograph' style guilloché you can see below.

I think when the pattern is mimicked as closely as possible (even the best rep dials are not quite right due to the manufacturing process), the light reflection from it will be closer to the amazing reflections you get from the gen. I hope I'm wrong, but these concentric circles grooves doesn't inspire me to put my money down

I'm still hoping for a great APRO out of the box.

ap-petit-tapisserie.jpg