• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROLEX SKY-DWELLER 326934 GEN VS NOOB ( $22,000 VS $398)

etashazam

No more watches pls
Supporter
Certified
9/10/16
CONUS
Hey Guys

Today I received the sky blue noob.

here Is some review that I did and hope it will contribute to our community and some suggestion for who are willing to purchase it.

Negativo point
1. The date font is clear different, we don't need to talk anymore.
2. GMT disc, in some angle they look the same, and some other angles look a different color
3. the first link of the bracelet
4. gen is 10g heavier than rep, its a very small difference but I don't know why I can easily feel that.
Perhaps the 10g more is all in the watch case, it makes you feel the case is heavy and the bracelet is light, some unbalanced
feeling.
5. caliber different. noob is low bit 21600vph. About the function, totally different. but DO YOU REALLY USE THAT???

Positivo point
1. I like the dial print of noob more than gen LOL
2. Rehaut looks not so bad comparing to gen
3. dial color is very closed, non-purple feeling, ice-cold blue
4. Lume is the same
5. I like the crown of noob more than gen LOL
6. bezel I can not differ the ss and wg.

that's it.

Cheers

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
That Noob looks like a pretty good call. Great review thank you!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
One of my spotting, the rehault engraving on gen and dial do not align. Good review. Plus no factory making correct the rolex coronet. Unless you swap it with gen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Nice comparison. Thank you.

As always we should be aware that Rolex use many combinations of logo and coronets, with different spaces. So when commenting on the logo or coronet - make sure the comparison is with the Sky Dweller and not a Submariner, because they have different logos and coronets. Stupid but true. This isn't some magic code - its just sloppy brand and product management by Rolex.

A couple of my own observations -

I prefer the cleaner, more precise dial cut outs of the Noob.
I also prefer the weight of the printed indices - the gen seems a bit faint / wispy.

few4E.png

The crown seems noticeably bigger on the Noob
- or is it the the case which is thicker?:

fe4gn.png

On the rahaut, the reproduction of the letters on the Noob is better. I'm not talking about the method, but look at the shape of the forward leg on the 'R' - its completely deformed on the gen - its too thick, to the extent that the 'foot' / slab serif of the R blends into it. This is shitty attention to detail from R factory.

fev0Y.png

I like it. I'll get the black dial version later this summer.

How thick is the caseback? does it lift the watch higher / does it wear taller than the gen?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
For a rep it’s not that bad..date is actually less bold...could be a quick fix with gen crystal...but still very nice

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
The crown seems noticeably bigger on the Noob
- or is it the the case which is thicker?:

fe4gn.png

It does look a bit bigger, and mostly not positioned at the same height than gen.

Can't wait to see a black dial too, the blue Noob is a bit lighter and uneven compared to the deep gen blue.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Wow this is a good post, good comparison and great pics. I’m shocked how close they got with this model. Noob did a great job.

Reactions: KJ2020

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Thanks for this review, OP!
Question: what functionalities of this Noob version compare to those functionalities of the gen?

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Very nice write-up. Thank you.

Could you take some measurements on case size, thickness, crown size, to see how the Noob compares to the gen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Great review, thanks bro. Noob looks quite good next to the gen.

Noob will not take a gen crystal, it is 34.5mm, gen is 33mm. Noob dial is also larger, has a larger diameter GMT wheel and wider date window. But even in side by side pics its hard to see that in some.

The crowns should be the same size, those pics are not in the same scale.

Daryl70

3/7/19
Hey Guys

Today I received the sky blue noob.

here Is some review that I did and hope it will contribute to our community and some suggestion for who are willing to purchase it.

Negativo point
1. The date font is clear different, we don't need to talk anymore.
2. GMT disc, in some angle they look the same, and some other angles look a different color
3. the first link of the bracelet
4. gen is 10g heavier than rep, its a very small difference but I don't know why I can easily feel that.
Perhaps the 10g more is all in the watch case, it makes you feel the case is heavy and the bracelet is light, some unbalanced
feeling.
5. caliber different. noob is low bit 21600vph. About the function, totally different. but DO YOU REALLY USE THAT???

Positivo point
1. I like the dial print of noob more than gen LOL
2. Rehaut looks not so bad comparing to gen
3. dial color is very closed, non-purple feeling, ice-cold blue
4. Lume is the same
5. I like the crown of noob more than gen LOL
6. bezel I can not differ the ss and wg.

that's it.

Cheers

Number 6 point does that mean you can't tell the difference with the naked eye between white gold and stainless Steel? Thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for this review, OP!
Question: what functionalities of this Noob version compare to those functionalities of the gen?

https://thewatchlounge.com/rolex-sky-dweller-steel-ref-326934-review-with-price/

Regarding the rep crown functions, it works like a 2836 ICHS. There is no hour jumping like the gen, and the month indicator on the rep is moved manually with the bezel.

Crown 1 - Winding
Crown 2 - Quickset date (clockwise)
Crown 2 - GMT wheel set (anti-clockwise)
Crown 3 - Time setting

The GMT wheel setting in crown position 2 is continuous (no discrete steps) which can be a blessing or a curse. I prefer it this way because you have unlimited control over exactly where it is set, unlike a 2836 ICHS GMT hand which jumps only to specific points 1 hour apart dictated by the click spring.

However it can be a little frustrating to set the rep Sky-D 24 hour wheel exactly where you want it because there is a little lag in the gears so it can shift a little when you push the crown in and the wheel can lag a little til the gears catch after you've reset it. At times I have taken 8 or 10 attempts to bracket my positioning of the wheel before it stayed working the way I wanted it to. Once it is set, it's best to leave it alone.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Number 6 point does that mean you can't tell the difference with the naked eye between white gold and stainless Steel? Thanks

Rolex white gold and stainless are a slightly different colour.
Their white gold is closer to sterling silver in colour.
A lot of it is down to lighting.

And please don't quote an entire, picture heavy OP to ask a question. smh.

Last edited:
Reactions: ablabla and KJ2020