• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Artisans de Genève “Andrea Pirlo Project”

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Perhaps, but how many people here had pulled the trigger yet? I might be wrong and is a long thread, it seems like I'm the only one who had confirmed.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I will definetly get one of these but ive had so many Investments lately that I might wait one or two months for it so I don't risk a divorce :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I will definetly get one of these but i had so many Investments lately that I might wait one or two months for it so I don't risk a divorce :D
Haha... I was going to pulled the trigger of a DIW Daytona and just (I literally mean like I'm about to log in to online banking and pay the TD), this thread popped up. I have to say I'm spending more money than I'm anticipating.

I'm usually a vintage Rolex guy, but I have a soft spot for RM and although this watch is "not balance" as that was my first impression when it was released. can justify buying the rep as the movement parts are customed (e.g the bridge) and the factory seems to gave it a very fair go in this first version (I usually wait 2yrs for a watch like the Noob 4130 daytona and settle with V3). Shame about the case back but I guess I can source another one in the future if they correct it.

I don't have a macro lens but my note 10 plus does have a macro camera and I have a loupe lens for a phone so I might use that for my review.

etashazam

No more watches pls
Supporter
Certified
9/10/16
CONUS
fe437bc883de84f59cd43e8fb034805c.jpg

My custom build.

Enviado 从 mio iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
Gen in Natural Light. Wonder if the Rep insert will be light like this coz TD pics look darker.
2ef69ed19db6da92b1f83ca9515a3915.jpg

It just so unique and so special, yet cheaper than a tourbillon and we don't need to wind it manually. just wear it. I gotta get one of that. hahaha

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Maybe vrfs Boss wanted one but did not want to spent 100k on a watch and told his engineers to "simply" produce him one :D

This is probably the case, and while he's at it, he can sell it to customers and recoup the R&D costs.

But that spelling mistake on the back...

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Just got my QC. Just asking for an extra photo of the watch head to ensure it looks OK as they are all in angles.

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

dgds88t

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
23/3/20
Just got my QC. Just asking for an extra photo of the watch head to ensure it looks OK as they are all in angles.

Can you post them here?

etashazam

No more watches pls
Supporter
Certified
9/10/16
CONUS
Wow you recieved the rep already? What did you do to the bracelet and case?

The bezel is not good quality, And the white ink application.

Yep I did the pvd custom, looks better to combine the carbon bezel and esqueleto moviment

Reactions: vcappp

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Post them here. I really want to see this as I’m on the cusp of ordering. I just want to see some real pics first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The bezel is not good quality, And the white ink application.

Yep I did the pvd custom, looks better to combine the carbon bezel and esqueleto moviment

Would you mind telling us what you had exactly done? Looks like you PVD the watch then sand the pvd off on parts to achieve this finishing?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I bet this rep will sell well enough to make it a worthwhile investment for VRF

Especially at ~$500. If it was $750 I’d have some hesitations but around 5 bills I’m sure it will sell. People love skeletonized watches.