• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15202ST V2 First Impressions

Noobguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
United Kingdom
I hate to say this but these QC pics are taken under direct artificial light in a photo box that charges up the lumes.

Exactly, so I still had 'the fear'. When it came in the mail 2 days ago it was the first thing I thought would stand out, but it's genuinely not a problem at all. I'm extremely happy with it, the hands and the markers are matching fine.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Exactly, so I still had 'the fear'. When it came in the mail 2 days ago it was the first thing I thought would stand out, but it's genuinely not a problem at all. I'm extremely happy with it, the hands and the markers are matching fine.

Thank you good sir, super appreciate all the effort put into this.

Reactions: Noobguy

Noobguy

8/11/18
United Kingdom
Good review, thanks for sharing!! Waiting for Salmon dial, will then decide which one to get.

I thought about this as well, for 0.5 seconds, but then I remembered the salmon dial is on the white gold version. I know a rep is a rep and a genuine enthusiast can tell the difference but I can at least justify a steel AP and enjoy wearing it. Wearing a steel rep for what should be a white gold piece is the line I draw between enjoying a rep for what it is and blatantly lying to myself lol. Just my personal feelings though.. if you decide to go with the salmon please remember and post the wrist roll :D

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I thought about this as well, for 0.5 seconds, but then I remembered the salmon dial is on the white gold version. I know a rep is a rep and a genuine enthusiast can tell the difference but I can at least justify a steel AP and enjoy wearing it. Wearing a steel rep for what should be a white gold piece is the line I draw between enjoying a rep for what it is and blatantly lying to myself lol. Just my personal feelings though.. if you decide to go with the salmon please remember and post the wrist roll :D

TBH, I share your exact principle and draw the line accordingly. Most likely I will still go with the blue dial but at least I can have the personal satisfaction of making an “informed” decision. Wear in good Heath!!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Great review. Could it be that your version had the more white markers than they have now on v2 as they changed in the beginning the release?

Looking at my QC for this... the lume was more green/yellow on my markers than yours I believe.

Merlan8

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/19
if you cross the two photos you see that yours has the background + dark ... in my opinion in the other they have only lightened everything ..........

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Not sure if I understand correct but you mean that the yellow markers are more visible in low lightning/exposure in QC-pics and irl?

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Not sure if I understand correct but you mean that the yellow markers are more visible in low lighning/exposure in QC-pics and irl?

yeah I think that might be the case. Under strong artificial or strong natural light the lumes get very charged up and appear to be very white. When not as charged, they tend to get dimmer.

Last edited:

Noobguy

8/11/18
United Kingdom
Great review. Could it be that your version had the more white markers than they have now on v2 as they changed in the beginning the release?

Looking at my QC for this... the lume was more green/yellow on my markers than yours I believe.
uJDrJ.jpg
uxgeo.jpg

It may be that I just have a different batch. The artificial light and natural light always have different affects.

Rainbowkin said the artificial light normally charges up the line to make it look less green/yellow. In real life, wearing everyday and the natural sunlight light charge the lume and help minimise the difference?

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
charge the lume and help minimise the difference?
Strong light no matter artificial or natural will charge up the lume. You will really need higher intensity artificial light source than your desk lamp to match the sunlight in a good summer day.

To answer your question, it depends on how strong your sunlight is. In a good day it will definitely charge them up.

With this said, if the lume color difference really exists, I tend to notice them sitting on my desk instead of talking a walk outside during a good day.

Last edited:

smallgi2018

16/8/18
Someone mentioned the bracelet is least comfortable. Is this particular version or all the ap rep bracelets are hard to wear? Thank you

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Someone mentioned the bracelet is least comfortable. Is this particular version or all the ap rep bracelets are hard to wear? Thank you

Some factories have better bracelets than some others

Proxy17

Horology Curious
4/1/20
Gotta get me one of these. I’m still using a JF 15202. Which has a decorated movement but the dial text is garbage.