• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Although no mesh-expert by any means, to me the gen bracelet looks quite a few notches up from the rep that VSF now includes.
It will all depend on how costly it is to produce a titanium rep bracelet.
Surely they must have considered a titanium bracelet when setting up production of this watch to begin with.
But somehow they decided that this was not an option, most likely because of cost issues.
Considering how close to gen the watch itself is, the bracelet on offer now is a very sorry replica.
It would be great to see it replaced by a proper rep, but I'm not holding my breath.

Btw, is this watch available without the bracelet, just the nato?

I actually disagree with the comment on the SS bracelet, the V3 is very good, excellent finish, looks gen it just weighs more. It’s missing one fine detail (a solid tip to the end of the adjustment side of the strap) but otherwise very close

Edit: actually I also remembered the end links are different on the inside but that's not an external feature.

Last edited:

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Bezel - nailed it!

I got some very fine thread and followed this guide https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/3619-two-ways-to-tighten-a-rotating-bezel/

you need VERY fine black thread as the bezel and case fit is actually very good (hardly any room for thread to fit through). I did 1.5 wraps of thread, tied it off and used a very fine needle to push the tiny knot under the bezel for the last step. Now: no loose bezel movelemt whatsover, click accuracy has improved, and it feels more like a decent gen diver bezel action. Nothing visible from outside case even under 20x macro lens.

Having said all that, do this at your own risk and be gentle and patient, you could damage the click spring inside or worse.

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
If I ever buy the gen, I'm not sure if I'm too keen on the mesh bracelet. Don't get me wrong, it definitely suits the watch. However, in my opinion, the clasp is just ridiculously huge! I've noticed it before, and I saw it agian today in a "wrist roll" on a gen Facebook group. Look at it, it's almost as thick as the watch itself...
https://ibb.co/f1FZLz8

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloney

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Also.. I might be tripping, but could the metal parts of the v3 nato be titanium? They feel less dense, lighter and just different to stainless equivalents...

The colour and finish is a very good match for the case..

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
If I ever buy the gen, I'm not sure if I'm too keen on the mesh bracelet. Don't get me wrong, it definitely suits the watch. However, in my opinion, the clasp is just ridiculously huge! I've noticed it before, and I saw it agian today in a "wrist roll" on a gen Facebook group. Look at it, it's almost as thick as the watch itself...

a>

a>

I agree but not quite as pronounced IRL!. Which facebook group out of interest?

snoutwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/14

yeah that looks odd. Don't get me wrong, historically and on average omega has excellent styles but their style diversity is so complex that it's hard for their design teams to reject concepts.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Anyone recall a NTTD Gen video review where they twist the bezel? Checking out the sound (lol) .. weirdly the few I have watched don't turn the bezel.

I'm wondering if it sounds different to the ceramic/ss.

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17

I saw someone mentioning this before, but had never seen it like this.
That clasp looks ridiculous.

Reactions: Flaskevin

Chewwy00

26/10/19
I saw someone mentioning this before, but had never seen it like this.
That clasp looks ridiculous.

It's indeed big and won't fit small wrists. I tried the gen and was disappointed with the fitting and overall confort of the bracelet.
Cheers,

Chewy

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
I had the v3 mesh. My first impression was that the clasp was uncomfortable, bulky and odd.

But I got used to it very quickly.

Certainly wouldn’t put me off in future and I have thin wrists between 6.5 and 6.75inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

CK13

4/4/19
Texas
Have we found a price for just the updated SS mesh band? I'm content with a V3 band even though its SS. I'm still holding out though through the end of July for a V4 perhaps. Might just keep my V1 as a beater/everyday watch and order the V4 when it comes out.

Reactions: SKnight

CK13

4/4/19
Texas
Also, has anyone tried to remove the bezel on this watch? I'm tempted to figure out.

Bonestorm19

Known Member
27/1/20
CANADA
Have we found a price for just the updated SS mesh band? I'm content with a V3 band even though its SS. I'm still holding out though through the end of July for a V4 perhaps. Might just keep my V1 as a beater/everyday watch and order the V4 when it comes out.

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. Ordering a v4 as well. Whenever it's out. V3 SS mesh is 145USD shipped.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Also, has anyone tried to remove the bezel on this watch? I'm tempted to figure out.

No but I would be very interested to see underneath. I've temp firmed up the bezel with thread (completely hidden, feels good) but I would like to try a permanent solution if we can see the mechanics of the bezel

Russ99

Known Member
2/6/13
Just got a price from Omega for the NATO. Usual straps are £120/£130.

They are £365! and you need to be confirmed as a owner before they will release you one.

Pricey!!!

Last edited:

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
Just got a price from Omega for the NATO. Usual straps are £120/£130.

They are £365! and you need to be confirmed as a owner before they will release you one.

Pricey!!!

Are you going to send them a photo of your V3 then? :p

Reactions: GingerBubba

DonnyDB10

1/4/20
Wow. So they won’t even sell you the band unless you’re verified to own the watch? Talk about exclusive.