• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Congratulations it's a nice watch. I am also glad that I ordered it on a strap. The other one is very heavy.

I showed mine to an AP owner and he didn't notice anything. I will wait till I find a Gen inner bezel in Europe (cuz of customs). But let's see I hope I find it for a good price because 500 usd is a bit much for such a small flow. But that's just my 2c.

Why would you change the date wheel?
I think the classic fond looks really good.

The cyclops is a bit reflective but with the American post problem it will be hard to get a Prof one.

Anyone has an idea where to get a good cyclops in Europe? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread that the DW isn’t accurate compared to the gen. Although i also recall someone mentioning that there are two types of fonts on the gen.

Legend has the right DW and he’s from my little island so i’m hoping he can fix it for me.

Oh and thank god i ordered the XS strap cos the stock one has a gap to my wrist when tightened all the way. I guess $65 well spent there. Now i just need some flat head screws to do the swap!

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread that the DW isn’t accurate compared to the gen. Although i also recall someone mentioning that there are two types of fonts on the gen.

Legend has the right DW and he’s from my little island so i’m hoping he can fix it for me.

Oh and thank god i ordered the XS strap cos the stock one has a gap to my wrist when tightened all the way. I guess $65 well spent there. Now i just need some flat head screws to do the swap!

as far as I remeber only the modern fond is off but please correct me if I am wrong, But if yo have acess to a good DW go for it!
Cheers

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Well... I can almost guarantee a new version is right around the corner. How can I guarantee that?

I just bought a V9.5.:p

For my eyes, I may try and locate a gen inner bezel To swap in. Maybe a date wheel... but I think I can live with the stock / out of the box flaws for a while.:)

xcarrerassanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/20
yes, if someone cares to list the actual flaws of the v9.5 diver, it won't be hard to see why it is not a super rep at all. I consider it a decent rep at best, but such labels and ratings are always subjective.

Would you say legend, that a Diver with AR Cyclops & Gen DW is a closer version to GEN? If not (believe me, I read the 55 pages...) what would be the small mods you suggest to make it more gen without spending a fortune? Thanks in advance!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Would you say legend, that a Diver with AR Cyclops & Gen DW is a closer version to GEN? If not (believe me, I read the 55 pages...) what would be the small mods you suggest to make it more gen without spending a fortune? Thanks in advance!

I will say that it will look better than stock. But you need to understand that a gen datewheel will fit nothing except a gen movement.
The v9.5 is good to wear out of the box. A cyclop upgrade is recommended but there is debate as to the type of cyclop to be used and also whether a datewheel upgrade is needed. The v9.5 date font is a little over-serifed from what I see. You may want to consider the mikey modern font datewheel. I personally think that it is the best aftermarket dw for AP currently.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

xcarrerassanchez

1/4/20
I will say that it will look better than stock. But you need to understand that a gen datewheel will fit nothing except a gen movement.
The v9.5 is good to wear out of the box. A cyclop upgrade is recommended but there is debate as to the type of cyclop to be used and also whether a datewheel upgrade is needed. The v9.5 date font is a little over-serifed from what I see. You may want to consider the mikey modern font datewheel. I personally think that it is the best aftermarket dw for AP currently.

My mistake...it is not Gen DW, I guess it is the DW you are suggesting. I just bought the watch already modded with also the Gen eta 2824 crown pinion for movement.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Reactions: Allure

xcarrerassanchez

1/4/20
The datewheel is already modded for your watch then, and needs no upgrade. Likewise for the cyclop. So do I understand if you were asking if the mods done were sufficient for the watch to look more accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! That is exactly what I am asking! Also, if there are further mods that could be done without spending a crazy amount of money...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yes! That is exactly what I am asking! Also, if there are further mods that could be done without spending a crazy amount of money...

The watch looks fine and everyone’s idea of “crazy money” differs. Aesthetically your watch needs no upgrade except perhaps for a gen dive bezel. This is always a tell on the rep diver no matter which iteration.

You may also wish to convert the movement to a low beat 21600bph which is correct vs gen. This is a tell for some members and not others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
s55j8.jpg

Imho, this watch is better that it appears on photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

xcarrerassanchez

1/4/20
For me it was a surprise! It is actually really really good quality, especially with the crystal, dw & crown...

Also, I discovered that I will probably never pay retail price for this watch. That is the best thing of buying reps, you discover if you really like the watch at a fraction of the cost!

APNL2

23/4/20
Looks like the inner bezel has been upgraded. Now with "3D" effect. I just call it V10 ; )

I have already accepted QC photos. For the interested, I will make a comparison with my V9.5 when it has arrived.
Have a good weekend everyone!

Reactions: ihnomuhnit

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Looks like the inner bezel has been upgraded. Now with "3D" effect. I just call it V10 ; )

I have already accepted QC photos. For the interested, I will make a comparison with my V9.5 when it has arrived.
Have a good weekend everyone!

this ring looks good !!