• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
I've just read all 54 pages. It was an hard work :p
But, in the end, I did not understand if JF v9.5 has a new, more prominent digit on the bezel, now.

And, on page 33, legend posted
Yes you’re right. It’s been done many a times. This is an example I did.
0522ee367606cbd4ec869c683b5ddd4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this mod on JF v9.5?
Who made this?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I've just read all 54 pages. It was an hard work :p
But, in the end, I did not understand if JF v9.5 has a new, more prominent digit on the bezel, now.

And, on page 33, legend posted

Is this mod on JF v9.5?
Who made this?

This was a gen dive bezel on a v9.5 and if you read the post, you’ll understand I modded it.

Reactions: Allure

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
This was a gen dive bezel on a v9.5 and if you read the post, you’ll understand I modded it.

Where did you purchase the gen dive bezel? Would love to get my hands on one.

Just ordered this watch. Hopefully with the global situation it won’t take too long to arrive.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So I will get my watch in the next days (hopefully) and I want to franken/mod it.

I found a Gen Inner Bezel which I will put in.

In another thread it was stated that other mods which will make the 15703 much more gen like are:
  1. Low Beat conversion of movement (Gen beats at 21600 bph).
  2. Change cyclops to 2xAR Prof cyclops
  3. Change crystal to Prof 1xAR
Is point 2 and 3 still valid for the V9.5?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
So I will get my watch in the next days (hopefully) and I want to franken/mod it.

I found a Gen Inner Bezel which I will put in.

In another thread it was stated that other mods which will make the 15703 much more gen like are:
  1. Low Beat conversion of movement (Gen beats at 21600 bph).
  2. Change cyclops to 2xAR Prof cyclops
  3. Change crystal to Prof 1xAR
Is point 2 and 3 still valid for the V9.5?

Where'd you find the gen inner bezel?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Are they really gen? Seems a bit cheap for gen ones. sadly i coudlnt find a bezel for the 15703 on ebay.
But thanks for the link. This seller on ebay might have some goodies in the future.

On the PHOTO, this blue one look gen to me. afaik there are no rep supplier with such a clear ghost outline...

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
On the PHOTO, this blue one look gen to me. afaik there are no rep supplier with such a clear ghost outline...

Yeah on the blue one it really looks like its gen. Just the price makes me question it.

Do you think there are custom made bezzels (ghostlines) on a rep base of this quality?

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So I got my watch yesterday. I ordered two of them, one for a friend (bracelet) and one for me (strap).

Overall I am pretty impressed. They are both very nice.

There are some QC issues I just saw now.

Rubber: a hair on the 5 o clock marker and like a little dent in the lume at 6 o clock.

general impression:
w3hD3.jpg

hair:
w331E.jpg

dent: very hard to be show on photos but to the eye its visible. Its better visible on the first picture.
w3HMn.jpg

I can live with the dent but the hair I will get removed by my watchmaker. any expirence with how hard is is to do so?

Bracelet:

The crown adjusting is pretty hard and the crown seems not staight when its screwed out. But I guess a good watchmaker can fix it or change the crownstem --> any expirence with that?

any help would be really appreciated. Thanks guys

Last edited:

APNL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/20
So I got my watch yesterday. I ordered two of them, one for my brother (bracelet) and one for me (strap).

Overall I am pretty impressed. They are both very nice.

There are some QC issues I just saw now.

Rubber: a hair on the 5 o clock marker and like a little dent in the lume at 6 o clock.

general impression:
w3hD3.jpg

hair:
w331E.jpg

dent: very hard to be show on photos but to the eye its visible. Its better visible on the first picture.
w3HMn.jpg

I can live with the dent but the hair I will get removed by my watchmaker. any expirence with how hard is is to do so?

Bracelet:

The watch on a bracelet has a small white hair under the 2 o clock marker but its not visible on a photo (mobilephone cam) but my brother can live with it.
The crown adjusting is pretty hard and the crown seems not staight when its screwed out. But I guess a good watchmaker can fix it or change the crownstem --> any expirence with that?

any help would be really appreciated. Thanks guys

Where in Europe are you? The dust / hair is easy to remove. I have the right tools and do it for free.
When i got my Diver V9.5 there were also 2 dust under the glass.

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Just received mine today after much anticipation.

First observation is how heavy the watch is, i'm actually shocked.

Good thing i didn't order it with the bracelet or i'd be walking with one wrist lower to the ground.

But still glad i got it!

Now just need to get the DW changed and try to find a gen inner dive bezel.. somewhere.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Just received mine today after much anticipation.

First observation is how heavy the watch is, i'm actually shocked.

Good thing i didn't order it with the bracelet or i'd be walking with one wrist lower to the ground.

But still glad i got it!

Now just need to get the DW changed and try to find a gen inner dive bezel.. somewhere.

Congratulations it's a nice watch. I am also glad that I ordered it on a strap. The other one is very heavy.

I showed mine to an AP owner and he didn't notice anything. I will wait till I find a Gen inner bezel in Europe (cuz of customs). But let's see I hope I find it for a good price because 500 usd is a bit much for such a small flow. But that's just my 2c.

Why would you change the date wheel?
I think the classic fond looks really good.

The cyclops is a bit reflective but with the American post problem it will be hard to get a Prof one.

Anyone has an idea where to get a good cyclops in Europe? Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Last edited:

AP2003

Known Member
15/11/19
Congratulations it's a nice watch. I am also glad that I ordered it on a strap. The other one is very heavy.

I showed mine to an AP owner and he didn't notice anything. I will wait till I find a Gen inner bezel in Europe (cuz of customs). But let's see I hope I find it for a good price because 500 usd is a bit much for such a small flow. But that's just my 2c.

Why would you change the date wheel?
I think the classic fond looks really good.

The cyclops is a bit reflective but with the American post problem it will be hard to get a Prof one.

Anyone has an idea where to get a good cyclops in Europe? Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Mikey has a great Cyclops