• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
so is there a AP super rep or nwbig?

I personally wouldn’t say so tbh. All reps still have their respective flaws. It’s up to the owner if you can live with flaw x, y or z.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I personally wouldn’t say so tbh. All reps still have their respective flaws. It’s up to the owner if you can live with flaw x, y or z.

that i am aware of. so what other ap's are very well done?

The 15400 i have seen all had at least problems with the open back.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
So I am shortly before ordering my first AP 15703.

After reading the last 53 pages I think following issues are most important for QC: (please correct me if I am wrong)

- ask the TD if it has flexible end links
- there 2 versions of the case back (ref page 23) --> one is more gen like
- if h series --> modern date fond ... Can someone please tell me how to spot if the fond is correct.
- hour markers alignment ?!
- hands?!
- loose srews

I am going to order 2 watches one on rubber one on ss. One of them is a giveaway :)

Can one of the more expirenced AP REP/GEN owners please help me with QC if needed?

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
- if h series --> modern date fond ... Can someone please tell me how to spot if the fond is correct.
- hands?!
- loose srews

1- it should if you're ordering v9.5 but just make sure
2- there's only two date wheels, you'll see the difference
3- yes, look out for that but even if you miss something, it can be fixed
4- just check how they're set alas how they align with the full hour
5- what kind of loose screws do you mean?

Can one of the more expirenced AP REP/GEN owners please help me with QC if needed?
No, QC posts are against the rules, unless you have a specific issue with the QC received.

Reactions: watcho

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
1- it should if you're ordering v9.5 but just make sure
2- there's only two date wheels, you'll see the difference
3- yes, look out for that but even if you miss something, it can be fixed
4- just check how they're set alas how they align with the full hour
5- what kind of loose screws do you mean?

No, QC posts are against the rules, unless you have a specific issue with the QC received.

Am I right, that the more soft case back engraving is the more gen like?

2- on Pure time all the photos show a classis font ... can i ask the td for a modern one?
5- I heard that some members had problems with loose screws on the back. But its an easy DIY fix.

As I said "If needed" so I will only ask if i have a specific issue.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So I am shortly before ordering my first AP 15703.

After reading the last 53 pages I think following issues are most important for QC: (please correct me if I am wrong)

- hands?!
- loose srews

I am going to order 2 watches one on rubber one on ss. One of them is a giveaway :)

1. Flexible links can be seen in QC pics most of the time. If the watch pic happens not to show it, just ask dealer to confirm it.
2. My advice is to forget about the caseback. If you want to pick on the watch, there are more tells in front than at the back.
3. Not correct. H series font on the gen is mostly classic serifed font. Only the very late H series, and I series onward employ the modern font. One of the easiest ways to determine the font, though it can be determined visually once you know how, is to look at the 4. The modern font has a sharp pointed 4 like this and the classic font has a flat top 4. Mostly, the classic font is serifed and the modern font isn't.
4. To answer your earlier question, I do not consider the V9.5 a super rep at all. It is a fun watch to wear, but manage your expectations accordingly.The important thing is to enjoy the watch as what it is.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
1. Flexible links can be seen in QC pics most of the time. If the watch pic happens not to show it, just ask dealer to confirm it.
2. My advice is to forget about the caseback. If you want to pick on the watch, there are more tells in front than at the back.
3. Not correct. H series font on the gen is mostly classic serifed font. Only the very late H series, and I series onward employ the modern font. One of the easiest ways to determine the font, though it can be determined visually once you know how, is to look at the 4. The modern font has a sharp pointed 4 like this and the classic font has a flat top 4. Mostly, the classic font is serifed and the modern font isn't.
4. To answer your earlier question, I do not consider the V9.5 a super rep at all. It is a fun watch to wear, but manage your expectations accordingly.The important thing is to enjoy the watch as what it is.

Thanks for your response.

I can visually identify flexible links by the gap between watch and strap?
Which of the 2 fond styles is more accurate in your opinion?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for your response.

I can visually identify flexible links by the gap between watch and strap?
Which of the 2 fond styles is more accurate in your opinion?

Yes you can visually identify if the links are movable actually. If the links look the same in every pic, they are not movable. I’m willing to help you with your QC pics if you care to pm me.

For the two date fonts, both are ok but the v9.5 comes only with the classic font. If you can, try to get your hands on the Mikey modern font for 2824/2892 movements, black base white font.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Yes you can visually identify if the links are movable actually. If the links look the same in every pic, they are not movable. I’m willing to help you with your QC pics if you care to pm me.

For the two date fonts, both are ok but the v9.5 comes only with the classic font. If you can, try to get your hands on the Mikey modern font for 2824/2892 movements, black base white font.

Thanks. I Just placed my order. If needed I would appriciate it, if I can contact you for QC via PM when i get the pics.

Maybe I will try to get one of those in the next weeks. You know hwere i could find them?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks. I Just placed my order. If needed I would appriciate it, if I can contact you for QC via PM when i get the pics.

Maybe I will try to get one of those in the next weeks. You know hwere i could find them?

Please PM me. I think that you may be asking too many questions in the threads lol. I’ll help you out. :hehehe:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Please PM me. I think that you may be asking too many questions in the threads lol. I’ll help you out. :hehehe:

Thanks.

It's because I was reading rwi for over a year and just now became a member. So I had so many questions I needed to ask that I directly postet a few of them in different threads.

I hope it's no problem.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks.

It's because I was reading rwi for over a year and just now became a member. So I had so many questions I needed to ask that I directly postet a few of them in different threads.

I hope it's no problem.

Of course there is no issue.
But it may be also more efficient and cleaner for the threads if you PM me the question list. You get helped equally well and the threads are easier to read too.

ken21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/13

True and even on the diver which some consider a very good rep. The dial printing on any version still cant get the 3D effect like gen so it really depends if you can live with it

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
True and even on the diver which some consider a very good rep. The dial printing on any version still cant get the 3D effect like gen so it really depends if you can live with it

yes, if someone cares to list the actual flaws of the v9.5 diver, it won't be hard to see why it is not a super rep at all. I consider it a decent rep at best, but such labels and ratings are always subjective.

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
I do have the correct dw for the H series diver.
7bc3f5ac55358a39eedbbc97db266b29.jpg

Ok that aside, I think there are flaws we can live with and flaws we cannot. We are all different so there is no magic formula here. Some flaws can be managed aftermarket, like the dw, and others like the bezel numbers outlines, are harder to fix with DIY expertise.

Hi Legend,

Do you still have this?

I'm thinking about ordering this watch and just read all 54 pages :hypno:

I'm in Singapore as well so wondering if you can help me mod the DW and also if you happen to know where i can purchase the gen inner bezel with correct ghost outline of the numbers.

Ideally would like to mod these two parts of the watch if i do get it.

Thank you!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend,

Do you still have this?

I'm in Singapore as well so wondering if you can help me mod the DW and also if you happen to know where i can purchase the gen inner bezel with correct ghost outline of the numbers.

Thank you!

Yes you can PM me.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Hi Legend,

Do you still have this?

Thank you!

If someone has a good DW and a GEN Inner Bezel, please contact me via PM.

I am thinking about Modding this two parts as well.