• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Nautilus Review

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Guys, I need some help.

I'm in love with PP Nautilus 5711 Rose Gold and leather strap (https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21305)

What happens is, to my taste the best dial is PF but I could live with 3K dial. But, new 3K movement is a mess in case you need to get serviced.

So my first option is 5711 RG PF with leather strap but I can not find it at any trusted dealer.

Do you know where can I get this piece (PF)?. Last option is 3K version

Thanks in advance

This looks nice - but the gen was a brown dial - to the best of my knowledge PP never made this with a grey dial - but if you look at the gen on this link the dial does actually look grey....!

https://www.horobox.com/en/review-detail/nautilus-5711-r-001-incelemesi

Reactions: roadtofreedom

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I've got to say, that looks more like grey than brown on that video. I'm confused. The colour of the rep dial on Trusty's site looks close to my eyes.

Last edited:

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
the dial changes colour depending on angle and / or light and could certainly look grey or black? That was always my impression with that dial colour

reklamezonen

30/7/13
brown-charcoal dial is galvanized and lacquered to produce a light-to-dark gradation from the center to the periphery.

Pbxyj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I spoke by email with Jennifer from pure time about ordering the 3KF model and she replied to me...Hi, It is made by 3KF. Please note the finishing isn't that good. We recommend https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...ed-dial-on-ss-bracelet-324cs-free-box-v3.html
which is the best in the market , so my question will be which is actually better than those two versions?

Not the answer you're looking for but neither one of those two can compare to a PF/PPF hybrid IMO. The PF/PPF requires the purchase of a complete PF 5711, the dial and hands from a PPF, and a PF DWO (PPF DWO would be better but it is no longer available). Send all the parts and watch to a modder to create the best currently available rep Nautilus 5711. There are pictures of completed hybrids within this sub-forum.

gmtring

1/8/15
They are probably pushing to give away ppf stock, since 3kf is a clone rep and a high selling watch now

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
They are probably pushing to give away ppf stock, since 3kf is a clone rep and a high selling watch now

The 3K movement is clone, but the rest is far from good. The PF/PPF hybrid build is still king of the hill, and people even starting putting the 3K movement into their PF cases.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

They are pre selecting their customers - nothing is worse than an uneducated customer who doesn't understands the risks of a clone movement long term - and if they had bad experiences during their past QC processes it is the only natural thing to recommend the established and sturdiest option available.

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
The 3K movement is clone, but the rest is far from good. The PF/PPF hybrid build is still king of the hill, and people even starting putting the 3K movement into their PF cases.

willing to share some infos on a PF/3KF Hybrid? a link? a picture? :)

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
willing to share some infos on a PF/3KF Hybrid? a link? a picture? :)

Ha, not this time. My latest build still has the miyota movement in there. Like you said above using the clone movement has risks, but I am sure people can make the clone movement fit the PF case. In addition, the 3K dwo sucks.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Here’s my Franken for reference. Dial was $1000 and an absolute steal at the time, especially now it’s discontinued!

There’s quite a lot of delusion on this thread in regards to NWBIG. I feel the PPF and 3KF still seriously lag compared to the gen dial. They lack the depth of tones in the slight silver of the markers which can turn into the standard deep black when in lower light settings. The date wheel on the 3KF is pretty terrible. Compare my picture to any of the available reps and you’ll see big differences, maybe not visible to someone who hasn’t seen gen but they are still there.

At $500 they’re nice but you can still call them out with the DW on 3KF being an easy tell and the date window on PPF being a slightly less obvious tell.

My total build of about $1500 - now that’s not worth buying in gen and certainly shall never be sold. If I did this build today instead of 18 months ago, I’d definitely be looking at double that.

VtbRc0.jpg

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Here’s my Franken for reference. Dial was $1000 and an absolute steal at the time.

I feel the PPF and 3KF still seriously lack compared to the gen dial. They lack the depth of tones in the sligjy silver of the markers which can turn into the standard deep black when in lower light settings.

At $500 they’re nice but you can still call them out with the DW on 3KF being an easy tell and the date window on PPF being a slightly less obvious tell.

VtbRc0.jpg

Awesome watch. Are the hands PPF? If they are did you relume them? Thanks

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Here’s my Franken for reference. Dial was $1000 and an absolute steal at the time, especially now it’s discontinued!

There’s quite a lot of delusion on this thread in regards to NWBIG. I feel the PPF and 3KF still seriously lag compared to the gen dial. They lack the depth of tones in the slight silver of the markers which can turn into the standard deep black when in lower light settings. The date wheel on the 3KF is pretty terrible. Compare my picture to any of the available reps and you’ll see big differences, maybe not visible to someone who hasn’t seen gen but they are still there.

My total build of about $1500 - now that’s not worth buying in gen and certainly shall never be sold. If I did this build today instead of 18 months ago, I’d definitely be looking at double that.

VtbRc0.jpg

That is such a beautiful build and such good value. However there is one glaring problem...

Wrong wrist!

Christos83

Horology Curious
13/5/20
Everyone seems to go for the white dial although in general blue is more popular and more attractive (in my opinion), anyone has any experience with the 5711 on a blue dial?? And if so which version is better PPF or 3KF? Thank you in advance