• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I would go with the color that is closer to gen

Since that's all you care about I would go for the brand new release with orange dial and pink leather stap. Most def closest to gen! Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Do someone know if the easy link extending is "longer" than moving the easy link pin one level?

sameace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
I think the second one is the new REF version. Though the dial is bad and the bezel is tad big, I think the lugs and SEL is really great. The lugs are thin, and shaped right. ARF lugs are still bit rounded and maybe a bit too thin now? The dial color on the arf seems really nice compared to gen. But the DW on the arf is horrible and there is no substitute for gen crystal.

REF could be a great Franken base with ARF bracelet, arf dial, gen DW, and gen crystal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

thank you, now i understand more the video of comparison

Reactions: Tete

sameace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
I think the second one is the new REF version. Though the dial is bad and the bezel is tad big, I think the lugs and SEL is really great. The lugs are thin, and shaped right. ARF lugs are still bit rounded and maybe a bit too thin now? The dial color on the arf seems really nice compared to gen. But the DW on the arf is horrible and there is no substitute for gen crystal.

REF could be a great Franken base with ARF bracelet, arf dial, gen DW, and gen crystal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

so first one is POS ? second one REF, third one ? and last one is the ARF but V2 ?

can you correct me
thank you

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I would go with the color that is closer to gen

and which one is that :(

Stop chasing this kind of approach, go with color you like and suits your lifestyle.

Edit - I read the full thread now. I agree with Akilles - Orange dial with Pink leather is best :D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Akilles and Pope

srhoque

28/11/18
So the easylink is two time longer than the pin? Thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

2 times is a good assumptions. Easylink gives 5mm extension while each pin is approx 2.5-3mm apart. My personal suggestion is to play around with pin position first and then easylink. The easylink pushed backward (reducing 5mm in size) locks in that bracelet end for a bit more secure feel on wrist.

Reactions: Akilles

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
2 times is a good assumptions. Easylink gives 5mm extension while each pin is approx 2.5-3mm apart. My personal suggestion is to play around with pin position first and then easylink. The easylink pushed backward (reducing 5mm in size) locks in that bracelet end for a bit more secure feel on wrist.

Thanks! I will give it a try :)
Do you have any experience with brushing finish?

Sent from the RWI App

srhoque

28/11/18
I would say YES!

"Better" is subjective ;) Both Rhodium and Blue are excellent choices depending on your expectations from the dial. Rhodium is an "all rounder" looking excellent in all lighting conditions indoor/outdoor and from all angles. Blue needs good sunlight to realize its full potential (It is a bit dark and flat in low/cloudy lighting). BUT when full sunlight hits that blue dial, it is a beauty to behold!!

Reactions: Kostiksch

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That story sound almost like when I got the gen 116613LB, having the ARF at home. Sure, Rolex have a hardly noticable better finnish in every aspect but still, with that pricetag Rolex are in fact extremly over priced.

Just because the gen has a certain dial color you want to believe that it's magic from every angle when in fact Rolex could just as well have choose a color like the rep. And if they did, we would say that dial is perfect/magic.

So in conclusion. The gen dial is not as magic as we want to believe (imo) when compared to high-end reps. Dials are an over priced thing made of a "cheap" material like plastic/metallic coating or whatever. Our head makes up that it's perfect in every aspect since it's made by Rolex. And remember, Rolex do also have imperfection despite of their x30 price.

Well then... let's agree to disagree:D if the price for an gen were twice or maybe three times a high-end rep I would think it's ok but not 20 or 30 the price. The placebo effect is quite an effect I would say...

well all that’s not really accurate. Gen is not magic as much as it is well made, highly engineered Swiss design at its best. So let’s call that “science”. The Rolex color isn’t random. They didn’t say “let’s make a blue dial” and just randomly produce the first blue that came up. They designed a dial that performs a very specific way in different lighting conditions that have effects that are practically impossible to duplicate. This is intentional on the part of Rolex. Their manufacturing techniques and R&D departments are highly Secret and tightly guarded.

The reason the colors are so hard to duplicate is because of what and how Rolex makes their dials. Even with reverse engineering as it is today, it’s still a struggle and that is crazy. Now keep in mind that Rolex does this intentionally so that it is difficult to replicate but all these pretty colors are secondary. For Rolex it is about performance first and foremost.

so, when you get a watch you’re looking for something that kinda looks like a Rolex and it’s close enough that you can’t justify they price difference. For those who understand what Rolex is, getting as close to gen (Or getting an actual Rolex) is worth it. I mean the fact that you agree it is worth a higher price says it all. But you’re just going for looks so we understand why you’re only willing to pay maybe 2 or 3 times as much.

for those who want the look and the performance, going gen is worth the price to them and there’s no debate. And reps are okay if you’re in an average environment. A gen Rolex will last forever in an extreme environment.

for instance, I know whenever I travel, I always wear a gen because I know I’ll end up being much more active in more hostile conditions. I know I’ll probably end up in the water - and usually not just a passing Casual swim. Something more substantial and maybe even a dive if I’m on vacation. Or generally just doing something that is putting much more stress on the watch.

I don’t know... thinking of details as random might help you rationalize why it’s close enough but when you start understanding what goes into these (gen) watches and the end result, you understand and appreciate getting not just “kinda sorta a color that’s close enough” but instead getting ALL the details PERFECT. Which is what many of us try to do.

Reactions: Dissemination

Vicar69

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/17
London, UK
Well not to rub it in or anything...
91633e6861608b4c7e618f4cc2061ee2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dissemination

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
What is actually the price for a gen crystal? Used or new?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI